Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it permitted to plant trees on long-term leased land?

• 23-05-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me? I don't mean forestry, I mean fruit and nut trees and the like.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What does your lease say?
    Normally things like this will be spelt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

I haven't leased anything so far, I'm just gathering information before I go looking. Is it generally acceptable or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

generally totally unacceptable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

A normal clause in a long-term lease might include something along the lines of:

'On the elapse of the lease, or the vacation of the lease,the property shall be returned by the lessee to the same state in which he or she rented said property'

in addition to:

'the planting of crops and/or the erection of any structures, permanent or otherwise, must be done with the express permission of the property owner, and in keeping at all times, with current legislation or guidelines as they so apply'

etc.

What do you mean by a long term lease btw? I'm familiar with some 40 year leases on farmland, leases on buildings can be 900 year leases etc. You can do a hell of a lot more in 120 years than you can in 5 years........ What is your interpretation of a long term lease......?

Advertisement