Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acupuncture in Sligo.

Options
  • 23-05-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Do any of you guys & gals know of any Acupuncture clinics in Sligo? If you do and have experience of having acupuncture, your feedback would be really appreciated. My GP has recommended acupuncture to me, after physio failed to sort out a niggling injury.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

theres one in quay side beside mauds. dont know if its still open or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

There is a brilliant lady in Ballisodare that I have gone to on many occasions. I will pm you her details.
    Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Have a look at Crane Acupuncture on Wine Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thanks for the info and PM's on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My acupuncturist lives in Boyle. She is AMAZING. Years upon year of stomach problems have been sorted by her in 6 or 7 sessions. Can I put her website details here or do I have to PM them?

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My acupuncturist lives in Boyle. She is AMAZING. Years upon year of stomach problems have been sorted by her in 6 or 7 sessions. Can I put her website details here or do I have to PM them?

Just seen your post. Do send those details via PM please, because the Mods will bate ya with the big stick if you post them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Avoid the one in quayside my mother went and they left 2 needles in her forgot to remove them

Lucyfur - Thanks for the PM.

Hobbittfeet - The place in the Quayside was originally recommended to me, so thanks for that info.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I didn't like the place in quayside, found her very pushy on the sales front. Also didn't like the treatment itself, she was running in and out, treating about 4 different people at the same time...I've since learned that that's what it's like if you have acupuncture in China, just wasn't for me.

The one I PM'ed you about also does a chinese neck massage....SO worth it and it's only €10...I could nearly turn my head like yer wan in the exorcist after it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Just went by the one in the quayside today and its closed down

• Advertisement

Hobbitfeet wrote: »

If your mothers experience is anything to go by, maybe they just ran out of needles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hobbitfeet wrote: »

They are moving to the other side of Yum Yums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I agree with the other posters avoid Quayside I went for a 'consultation' and found them extremely pushy and not very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Thanks for the info and PM's on this.

OP, can you please PM me to let me know how you got on finding a good acupuncturist in Sligo. I too have been advised by my GP and physiotherapist to look into acupuncture. I went to the place in the Quayside a number of times a few years back but wouldn't rate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I know this thread is a few years old but rather than starting a new thread I decided to post here.

I am looking for an acupuncturist in Sligo town. If anyone can advise on ones to consider or avoid can you please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shane McMunn

Well there are a few acupuncturists in the town at the moment.

And for full disclosure I'm one of them. I work at the Wellness Centre on Quay Street, but I'm not the only one, so you could try:

Lauren in Glencar and Strandhill (google Full Circle Yoga)
    Anita, also at the Wellness Centre
    Fionnuala on Wine Street (google Sligo Acupuncture Clinic)

Whoever you pick I'd advise on making sure that they are a fully qualified acupuncturist and are registered with one of the professional bodies in the country.

I'm in the Wellness Centre every Saturday if you want any information about acupuncture or Chinese Medicine.

Regards

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Petertom

Hi Lucyfur, I'm knew to Boards.ie. I realise your post is a couple of years old, but was wondering what the name of your acupuncturist in Boyle is. I've had a lot of stomach problems over several years and have recently tried acupuncture on a holiday. I found it made a difference straight away, however I would like to try it with someone nearer to home (Sligo). By the sounds of things you're acupuncturist knows a lot about the stomach. Any chance you could give me their name, I would really appreciate it

Advertisement