Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options after failing fyp?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi i've failed my fyp and from what i've been reading online about irish Institutes of Technology,they would only give me a max of 3rd class honours if i repeat the fyp.

So,what are my options?Is repeating the fyp and then doing a hdip the only way of bringing the 3rd class grade up?or is it actually possibly to reapply as a third year(level 7)graduate into a different course and do a 4th year addon from there?

I really wish i had never done 4th year in the first place if it was going to set my grade in stone like that :(

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

What college are you in?

I was the same as you, failed my fyp and still got a 2.2 somehow? I assumed it was a mistake. (DCU)

Anyway I ended up just repeating the Fyp and going into a 1 year masters course. Most Jobs require a certain level of degree OR any masters, i.e 2.1 minimum or masters.

Repeat the fyp and finish your degree, you'll probably need some further education after if you want to work in Ireland, but I know lads who've gotten high paying jobs abroad with third class honours degrees.

Depends on what field you're in also. Mine is engineering so I'd assume employers are less strict on degree grades etc

Advertisement