Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fostering old English sheepdog

• 23-05-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So I have been contacted by a rescue that I volunteered to foster for, they have asked me to take an old english sheepdog which I said I will, I explai ed my situation have my own dog, cats etc and they said it should be fine.

I know very little about the breed and have been doing some research, obviously he will need a bit of care regarding the coat, anyone have any other info on the breed that I should know about, temperament etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

From the OES that have come through the rescue I volunteer for and speaking to OES specific rescues in the north here's what I've learned about them.

They're very loud, love to be on the move all the time. The coat is a nightmare but easily managed with a close cut in a groomers. The males are very biddable but the females are a little more headstrong and stubborn. They're loving, boisterous and may be a danger to sending small kids flying like skittles! Will do any amount of exercise and will be the better for being well exercised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

From the OES that have come through the rescue I volunteer for and speaking to OES specific rescues in the north here's what I've learned about them.

They're very loud, love to be on the move all the time. The coat is a nightmare but easily managed with a close cut in a groomers. The males are very biddable but the females are a little more headstrong and stubborn. They're loving, boisterous and may be a danger to sending small kids flying like skittles! Will do any amount of exercise and will be the better for being well exercised.

Wonderful sounds like the perfect companion to my lunatic boxer, they should get on great! Hopefully this one has a tight cut on the coat, I have no paitence for grooming what so ever, I hated it in college. No kiddies in our house so at least that won't be an issue.

Advertisement