Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stressful experience at work today

• 23-05-2012 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

For fups sake, Im just after going the jacks in the job and there was a mad big spider on the sink - He just looked at me with his beady eyes and didn't move an inch - I mean he was fupping huuuuuuuge - Ive never seen anything like it in my life. I was scared shítless :eek: with just me and him in such a confined space - Now I'll have to go back in there again when I'm not shítless anymore but if he is still there - I might get scared shítless again. I'll be going in and of the jacks all day like a blue arséd fly. The stress of it!

Have you had a similar stressful experience at work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

If he is that still, he has probably just eaten. Are any of you colleagues missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You were in the right place to be scared sh!tless so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I think you have confused feeling stress with being a sissy girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Well maybe if you are scared ****less there is no reason to be going into the bathroom again and thus problem solved.

Now thank Mr spider and get some fooking work done ya big jessy!!!

oh and wear a nappy just in case you dribble................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

scholar007 wrote: »
    For fups sake, Im just after going the jacks in the job and there was a mad big spider on the sink - He just looked at me with his beady eyes and didn't move an inch - I mean he was fupping huuuuuuuge - Ive never seen anything like it in my life. I was scared shítless :eek: with just me and him in such a confined space - Now I'll have to go back in there again when I'm not shítless anymore but if he is still there - I might get scared shítless again. I'll be going in and of the jacks all day like a blue arséd fly. The stress of it!

You must be in the Irish army. Just turn a deaf ear and blind eye to the spider and put in a claim for post traumatic stress disorder.

Should get at least 50 grand.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Very stressful day today, I brought my pet tarantula into work with me today to show to my workmates and when I went for a cup of tea he seems to have legged it. No idea where the fecker got to....oh well, he'll prob turn up in the printer later on or he'll come back when he's hungry!

If any of ye see 'Incey' tell him I miss him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

stress?

since i started work over $112 million worth of insurance claims have been put through the system by me.

That can get fairly stressful at times especially as any f*ckup i do ripples through the whole process and a lot of things get really f*cked up.

Just as well I'm uber l33t at my job :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Go back in there, leave the cubicle door open and stare the spider down while you do your business. It's the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why pick my thread for your personal loan thingy? :mad:

He didn't want to disrupt any of the good threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

are you a bloke or a woman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Here, have a spoonful of man the fcuk up. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

He was in prime position for water-boarding.

"TELL US YOUR SECRETS YOU MONSTROUS BEING!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

EAT DA SPIDER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

are you a bloke or a woman?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

:pac:

man up then none of the irish species are venomous... just scoop it up into a jar and then release it outside somewhere.

EAT DA SPIDER!

No, tell the spider to eat 'da pooh pooh'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Don't worry OP it's all over now.

In future I read a really good article about how to deal with spiders in the bathroom and also gives you some good advice on how to overcome your fear of them as well. Hold on I'll find the link for you now: How to deal with spiders in the bathroom

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I know how you feel OP hate the dirty little feckers as well, actually a bit scared of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Show him your fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

spider-man, straight between the beady eyeballs.

• Advertisement

Tazium wrote: »
    Show him your fanny spiders legs.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dial Square

Blast him with pi** :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there was a spider in the bath last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Blast him with eh.... water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Well one day I walking down the stairs from my office when I was confronted by something that looked like a giant earwig complete with pincers on it's tail. When it saw me it immediately took an aggressive posture and raised it's deadly pincers towards me.

So I edged carefully past it, ready for it to spring at me. But I escaped with my life. Still I had to admire the creature, standing up to me like that and it less than an inch long. If I was walking along and met a giant as large as Liberty Hall. I sure as hell wouldn't be taking it on.:eek:

But my most stressful experiences usually involve the boss waking me up again and telling me to get back to work. The barsteward.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I wonder what ye'll do when you get confronted by this guy one day:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I wonder what ye'll do when you get confronted by this guy one day:

Or this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.

[QUOTE=alphabeat;78835118and they mostly come at night... mostly.[/QUOTE]

Don't we all trout, don't we all. **** in the morn before work is not recommended..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smash wrote: »
    He didn't want to disrupt any of the good threads.
    oh
    spider, threads

oh
    spider, threads

spider threads
    spider threads
    do whatever spider threads do

Advertisement