Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips for cat hairballs?

• 23-05-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Did a forum search and a few people have mentioned Defurr-um paste. Beanie was gagging and heaving for ages in the middle of the night and coughed up a lovely hairball. He's done this sporadically over the last few weeks too.

Before i go spending a small fortune on pastes and food, has anyone any tips for minimising these? Ive started brushing him (he's shorthaired) as thought it'll help with summer shedding with less to ingest etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

De furrum paste is brilliant. You could also put in some sunflower oil in the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

This dry food from Royal Canin should do the trick.

Most big pet shops will stock it.

http://products.royalcanin.us/products/cat-food/indoor-intense-hairball-34.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Whats extra in the RC food apart from psyillium? Could i add some psyillium husk to his current food instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Not too sure what’s extra.

I purchase the Royal Canin Indoor 27 which targets the smell of their faeces and it does work very well for that - that was the main thing for me.

It also says on on the bag that it combats hairballs and when I think of it - it actually works.

Not sure where your based but the pet sop in Airside Swords usually gives free samples of Royal Canin to try out.

Don't know if the cat would take psyillium unless it is well hidden within the food.

Advertisement