Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true

Options
  • 23-05-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

That Kel likes Orange Soda?

No but really, is it true that the new pool will have a levy of €100 on an annual basis for all undergraduates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I would imagine so. Haven't heard any official announcements, but I would say it will be a similar set up to Trinity whereby every student pays a €75 (I think) levy a year included in their annual fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hmm, I don't mind, so long as it is included in our student contribution charge. I was of the opinion that the gym would be free, but the pool would not, which I only want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bigyawn

I heard membership was €250 for students, €400 for staff, €600 for joe public to use, the Levy just pays the bill for building the thing. Hoping it may be just a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

From their fb page:
    Student's Gym fees are included in the registration fee so there is no charge for that. There will be a nominal charge for use of the pool which will be confirmed shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Got a tour a few days ago.

Gym is free for students, pool's 100 quid a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Fad wrote: »

Any idea when they are opened to the students?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Fad wrote: »

Is the equipment in the gym yet? If so any idea what type of equipment is there? Machines, Free-weights etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've heard 25th of June and 1st of July in the last 4 days.

Advertisement