Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility Article 210512

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

thanks for posting this,it definitly opens up debate,i'm a firm believer in everything in moderation,following all these guidlines may lead to more stress in some people,I do believe we have more pesticides and all that in our food these days which can't be good for us although I believe infertility was a big issue years ago also but just not spoken about so openly about as it is today.My nanny was 35 when she married and went on to have 11 pregnancys and 10 live births,the problem of infertiltiy was probably there years ago but thank god today we have other options with assisted reproduction so woman or couples who want children have some hope,all in all I think that some of us just need help for whatever reasons and i' not totally convinced that living like a monk will achieve better results:)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Thanks for replying meggysmom!

The best thing about advice is that you don't have to take it :-)

I suppose that if you use the points made in the article as guidelines and choose the advice that makes you feel comfortable it is more likely to have a positive effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Very true,I myself have tried a few things,supplements,cutting back alcohol excercise and that and I think your right,doing what you feel is most comfortable and suits you would probably be less stressful therfore achieve better results:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I have to agree with Meggysmom, if you did everything this article said your life would be on hold.

I think the best thing is a healthy lifestyle, eating well, exercise and reduce alcohol intake. Getting pregnant can take a while and can be stressful - we are already trying 5 months, initially I would do nothing "incase" I was pregnant -then I realised I have to live my life as we could be hear a while.

The main things I did was completely give up smoking (well 14 months ago - when we started talking about thinking of having another child), lost a bit of weight, improved my diet and started folic acid.

Advertisement