Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat dehydrated

• 23-05-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

my cat is a bit dehydrated...her fur is starting to look a big spiky on part of her back

she has always been a great drinker and would finish a bowl of 200ml every day but lately she's not drinking so much

i leave the bath tap running for her a couple of times a day (like all cats she loves to drink from the bath!) to make sure she is drinking more but still feel she needs more moisture

ive only just got her gut settled after it being upset for a while so dont want to change her food by adding wet

any tips for getting her to drink more as she just looks at her water bowl and walks away now, rarely drinks from it

shes on royal canin oral sensitive btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - the only time my cat was like you describe was when he had a serious issue internally. Can I suggest you bring your cat to the vet as there might well be something wrong.

Even if not something like I have in mind the vet is still the best person to put in an IV and rehydrate your little cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

thanks for your reply...i just called the vet and described the issue was advised to do the skin test which is going straight back down so she isnt dehydrated as according to them thats the way to tell

also her gums are slippy which is apparently another way to check

ill keep an eye on her and hopefully its just down to the change in temperature, maybe shes being a bit lazy about grooming...

Advertisement