Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools in Gorey

Options
  • 23-05-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Howdy Folks from Gorey

I have been the proud recipient of a little girl recently and also have just moved to Gorey. We havn't got around to yet looking at the schools in the area's, but we are aware that we should be well catered for.

Not being from the town I am looking for a locals opinion of the schools around the town and what they think of them ?

Some factors that come into play here are, we are both non practicing catholic's and don't really want to be hypocritical ... but at a push maybe (we we recommended the smaller Church of Ireland school), and we are living in the Ardmore estate at the top of the town.

Any advise would be helpful

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Why don't you try Educate Together? It's only a stone's throw away. The Cof I school has an excellent reputation but like all other denominational schools will give preference to those applicants from it's own flock, the RC schools will want to see a baptismal cert so if you hadn't planned on having your kids christened, you'll go to the back of the queue, although you will still get a place. In Gorey it's at second level the problems start.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

there is also the gael scoil beside the educate together who are building an extension the same size as the current school

Advertisement