Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.C.C.S Mistake

Options
  • 23-05-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi everyone hope you can help me here im kinda freaking out.

I applied for direct entry to second year in LIT in Internet Systems Development and I got a letter in the post saying i have been accepted which is great.

I have a problem though on the letter at the return slip part where you accept the course it says I have been accepted to the course by A.C.C.S.

I looked it up and it says its for part time people who work and want to accumulate a degree through modules over time.

Could ther have been a mistake? Have i got the course full time or not because i wont get a grant if its part time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I advise you ring the college. You can find the number on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

ACCS is Accumulation of Credits & Certification of Subjects. If you do all of the modules on the course for 2nd year then you are de facto a full time student and there should not be a problem certifying you as such.

I would email the college just to clarify, if you get an email reply you have something in writing..

Your course is not offered in the evenings, it has daytime lectures only but people can do single subjects or e.g. 3/6 subjects to complete half a year study in one year.

I did 2nd year part time over 2 years of a similar course a while back and I think I was still on the ACCS when full time in 3rd and 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Thanks for the help!

I contacted the college explained the situation and was told that its a mistake on the letter. They told me scribble out A.C.C.S on the return slip and write full time above so i should be ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love happy endings! :D

Advertisement