Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny

• 23-05-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

OK, bit of a saga, but getting really frustrated.
    About a year ago I cancelled my broadband sub with smart due to financial reasons. My situation has now changed and a few months ago my wife and I decided to get broadband back in as our son is doing his junior cert and thought it would be helpful for his studies. I first tried north west electronics wireless but we are too far from their mast, so no joy.

Then I decided to try Vodafone, I signed up waited about 3 weeks and no word from them. When I called they said there was a problem getting my line reconnected and I would have to call eircom myself. When I called eircom they said that I had to sign up to them for a year before I could move to Vodafone.
    So I signed up with eircom, not that I wanted to but i had no choice. I again waited a week and had no word, so I called eircom and was told that there was a problem with my line and they were not sure that it could take broadband. Even though only a year earlier I had a 8mb connection. It was now at the end of the cooling off period and was informed that I could be stuck with my contract for just a phone line and no broadband if the line continued to come back unsuitable. I contacted the engineer that reconnected my line and he said that it tested perfectly for broadband, and my neighbours all around me had broadband on the same line, so there was no reason that I couldn't get it. I ended up having to cancel my eircom contract as I didn't want to be stuck in contract and no broadband.

Then I contacted Digiweb, told them the story and was told that they could reconnect me no problem, and that I wouldn't have to sign up to eircom first, that was almost a month ago, and everytime I phone them I just keep getting the same answer, " your order is progressing nicely", although no-one actually seems to be able to tell me what stage it is at, or if there is a problem with getting me reconnected or anything relatively informative at all.

Does anyone know if they can actually reconnect me without me having to sign up to eircom, or am I being messed around?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trj78

Anyone even had a similar experience?

Advertisement