Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-occurring dreams.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I used to have the turning up in school naked dream a lot.

Now I have the turning up at biggest-meeting-of-my-life naked dream.

Insultingly, nobody seems to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Giselle wrote: »
    I used to have the turning up in school naked dream a lot.

Now I have the turning up at biggest-meeting-of-my-life naked dream.

Insultingly, nobody seems to notice.

your dreams are telling you to join a nudist colony.

I have loads of recurring dreams. Some of them I've been having for a good 30 years now. Themes include:

- Flying. Though 'flapping' would be more accurate, I have to pump my arms really hard to get any height/velocity. Generally I don't move very fast, it's hard work for the most part.
    - Teeth. Endless teeth dreams. I have lost thousands and thousands of teeth in my sleep. Splintering teeth when you spend the whole night spitting them out are the worst.
    - Toilets. Think 'Trainspotting'. I have endless dreams about having to use the loo and the loo being overflowing and horrific and slipping it in, generally over and over again before I can get as far as the door and make it out. So, I basically dream about swimming in sh(t a lot.
    - Locations. Not real places, places that only exist in my head. I am dreaming and suddenly I realise I'm in a place I've been in before, and I know the layout etc, and I will remember what I was doing the last time I was there (in a dream) but still know it's not a real place. I have about 10 of these, some of them only pop up every 5 years ago.

I dream nearly ever night and almost always remember what I've dreamed, even if it only pops into my mind at 3pm making coffee. A lot of my dreams tend to be pretty prosaic, but some of them are completely mental. I love a good dream I do.

eat cheese before ya go to bed... it always makes my dreams really wacky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have a dream every so often in certain buildings. I'd usually know where I''m going in said building having "been" in them in past dreams, but never in real life. They can be the weird dreams that bring me from A to B, and then there are dreams that I'm swimming. Although I sometimes know it's a dream, and spend the next while swimming underwater, without having to hold my breath. THe dreams that I'm going from A to B in are loosly based on somewhere I used to work, but then there is a long stretch of corridor that I been in, but don't know where it's from.

Dreams are weird places sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

had a few dreams about being chased and I was doing my best to run away, frantic. However my legs were like lead and couldn't get very far. always woke up with a fright before I got caught.

haven't had the teeth or LC ones thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

This morning I had another one of them dreaded pre exam "oh **** i'm screwed!!!" dream.

I had my exam at 8am this morning and so last night I dreamt I missed the alarm on my phone and when I woke up it was 7:30am. I was like oh shi- shi- shi!!!!!! but I can still make it, gotta get ready in record time... Then somehow by the time I got ready and left my home it was 10:30am! I was wtf?!!!?!?!! I missed the exam!! How the bloody hell did it freaking happen!!!!!! Now I'm gonna fail the exam and will have to do the repeats and that'll be my summer gone!!!! :(

And as I was trying to get to terms with what had just happend, I woke up! Checked the time on my phone. It was 3am. I was never so relieved to wake up at 3am!! But then I had a very paranoid sleep where I kept waking up every 30mins or so...

Why does my brain like to fvck with me like that?!?!?!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

I have the same two dreams. Teeth falling out and doing exams. Paid a lot of money to get the meaning of these dreams explained to me by a dream interpreter.
    Teeth falling out dream = You hate teeth.
    Doing exams dream = You love exams.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

Not had this one in years,but it was one I had quite often.

My eldest brother died in a car crash over twenty years ago,and I had this dream so many times.

We lived in Leeds and in my dream I was in grannies kitchen in Cavan,(now she died in 1971),and we were talking then she said she had someone who wanted to see me.Then my brother would come into the kitchen,and I'd be so delighted to see him,I'd be hugging and kissing him,thanking God he wasn't dead.

Then after a while I'd ask him how he was here,he'd say(this bit changed from dream to dream) the tax man was after him/he owed someone a load of money/he just had to get away.

Then after all the tears had stopped,I'd get really angry with him,asking him how the f*ck could he do this to us,let us all believe he was dead,all the hurt and pain he caused,then we'd end up fighting.

When I had these dreams,it would leave me exhausted,I'd wake up feeling awful,and my girlfriend at the time always knew when I had these because I'd be crying and screaming out in my sleep.

Thankfully not had any of these for years now.

Had kind of pushed them to the back of mind until that bloke from England who "died" after going missing on his canoe,his sons actually went through in real life what I went through in my dreams.......................it's a crazy world I tells ya

• Advertisement

I have the same two dreams. Teeth falling out and doing exams. Paid a lot of money to get the meaning of these dreams explained to me by a dream interpreter.
    Teeth falling out dream = You hate teeth.
    Doing exams dream = You love exams.

Sorted.

suckered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I constantly have dreams where i am crippled and on top of that footpaths become steep hills almost walls. Then I wake up with cramps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I keep having a dream where I'm being train to become an assassin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I constantly have a recurring dream where i can fly. I just hover around the place. Deadly dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Re-occur-ring hy-phens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I seem to get lost in hotels a lot. No dream is complete until I have gotten lost in a hotel and managed to lose all my stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't dream very much. Not that I can remember anyhow. Probably twice a month, at most.

I can't recall any very specific recurring dreams, though I do know that I've had the same dream more than once because while I'm dreaming I recognise that I've been there before.

Specific things which often happen in many of my dreams are:

- Trying to run but my legs are like lead
    - Trying to read but I can't see properly
    - Trying to go somewhere/do something (like run up a staircase), but I can't see properly (or sometimes at all). Yes, sometimes I dream that I'm blind. It's weird.
    - Telekinetic abilities (this is actually really cool, and disappointing when I wake up)
    - Flying, but without the ability to fly. So like I've been shot out of a cannon or something and I'm plummetting towards the ground but not straight down.

Once or twice I've had a dream where I'm getting ready for work but continually get delayed by something or someone and have to keep ringing my boss to tell her I've been delayed...again. Eventually I get to work and it's like 5pm and time to go home.

I've also done the naked in school one. Only recently had the leaving cert one, I was sitting geography, but realised that I never did geography. Rather than panic I very quickly pieced it together and realised I'd already done my LC more than ten years ago. Exactly like that XKCD comic, I slowly woke up exactly as the realisation dawned on me.

I've also had dreams where family or good friends die. Man I fncking hate them. Ruins the whole next day.

seamus wrote: »
    - Trying to go somewhere/do something (like run up a staircase), but I can't see properly (or sometimes at all). Yes, sometimes I dream that I'm blind. It's weird.

I get this as well. I figure it must be me opening my eyes while still stuck in the dream, sort of a weird waking up thing
    It's been a good while since I had it last though

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

I used to get a reoccurring dream when i was younger..I was outside a gate of a factory or something, sun was beating down and i get shot my a few men wearing balaclavas 5 times in the chest...I could still feel the sun beating down my face as i struggled with my last few breaths before waking up..very weird...always felt the people shooting me were loyalist paras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I had a dream where i wet myself, i woke up and my waters had broken....

I dreampt that i was thristy and woke up and drank a gallon of water...

I also dreampt about car alarms going off or hearing sirens, when i wake up i found my alarm had gone off but never woken me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

- Flying, but without the ability to fly. So like I've been shot out of a cannon or something and I'm plummetting towards the ground but not straight down.

The wind normally picks me up and then i can control where the wind takes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

- Trying to run but my legs are like lead
    Hate this, especially when I'm being chased.
    That's actually used by Lucid Dreamers to identify when they're dreaming. They try and read something and if they can't, or if the text morphs, they recognise that they're dreaming (called "Reality Checking").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Pretty dull, but I stopped smoking about 9 months ago and keep having dreams where I'm smoking again. Even in my dream I'm pissed off with myself for smoking, but they taste so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I love the dreams about having exams that you dont. Just that moment of sudden peace its the best thing in the world.
    Then the day is one of the best in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I have one where I'm playing in a very important football match, which is on a knife edge, and there is a big, partisan crowd watching. Suddenly the ball breaks for me and I'm running clear towards the opposition goals for what could be a vital score - the defenders are chasing after me but I'm sprinting away from them.

I keep sprinting and sprinting and soon they're left behind, and keep sprinting on and I'm aware that the crowd is now beginning to thin out on each side of the pitch - on and on I go until suddenly I stop and look around me and I'm standing in the middle of a field on my own, in the middle of nowhere!!

I'd love to know what that dream means......

........probably that I'm a knobhead for worrying about football so much!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭limerickhurl

I have a recurring dream, maybe 4 or 5 times a year, that I am WATCHING a place crash. Never in it, but I see it.

Any ideas?!?!

I have a recurring dream, maybe 4 or 5 times a year, that I am WATCHING a place crash. Never in it, but I see it.

Any ideas?!?!

It it's a wet dream I'd be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You should really avoid cheese, it doesn't really suit you;)

so what do you suggest then to enhance my dreams? ;)

Staying awake;)

Staying awake;)

well stop drugging me with rohypnol when you come round then and i might be able to stay awake ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Any ideas?!?!

Some men just want to watch the world burn :pac:

Staying awake;)
    well stop drugging me with rohypnol when you come round then and i might be able to stay awake ;)

Ya'll need to get a room.

And a webcam.

Seachmall wrote: »

And a webcam.

we were in your room last night.... didnt ya hear us?

Well it gets pretty crazy at night, with all the beautiful women and what not.

Sorry if I missed ye, it's just how I roll.

Seachmall wrote: »

And a webcam.

Will pm the footage once we've had a chance to admire ourselves ;)

We did make a bit of a racket alright

Will pm the footage once we've had a chance to admire ourselves ;)

i bet your glad you shaved now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I don't believe in them. I often have dreams that feel I know where I am and that it happened before, only to wake up and realise it wasn't, though, I suppose you can call that general motif recurring, it's not recurring as most people generally mean.

Advertisement