Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C4 last night, fat fetish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah it was consensual but the really massive woman who couldn't get out of bed without help from her son seemed to have issues which led to her living this life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    But it was all consensual.

I know the women involved run health risks (dangerously so in some cases)
    but lots of fetishes have dangers - extreme S&M (physical injury, even death potentially) hardsports (infection, illness) even many hobbies have obvious dangers like rockclimbing, rallying etc.

I'm the first to admit that I felt sorry for some of the women and the men, to me, were mostly creepy and even a bit sinister but TBH I found the English girl very attractive and gave me the impression that she's much less likely to go to extremes.

I'm sure the majority of this subculture would be along her lines - no?

C'mon then, examples? ;)

Yes but with sports and other form of fetishes you don't live every second of your life in pain, no mobility etc. These women have an extremly poor standard of living. That lady was completely out of breath having walked a few steps. You can be larger and still have a decent level of fitness and mobility so that your day to day living is not effected.
    I also think the British girl was very pretty and hopefully she will not take it to extreme.

em....well I'll wash clothes but won't iron and also I'll only cook 2 out of 7 nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

C4 'mockumentaries' = the tv equivalent of the daily mail.

they purposely go for the shock factor and show the most unhinged idiots that indulge in these feeder fetishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

blacklilly wrote: »
    Its as simple as this, some people like skinny people, larger people, redheaeds, brunettes, blondes, small, tall and some people don't actually have a type at all

And some lads full of porter will take what they can get!

scholar007 wrote: »
    And some lads full of porter will take what they can get!

Yes but why alway direct these negative comments towards larger girls? I've seen, as I'm sure you have many drunken men get with really skinny/boney unattractive girls and vise versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

stovelid wrote: »
    lol one of my friends is called the "whale hunter" cos of his unashamed admission that he loves the large ladies.

Surely a Sperm joke in here somewhere.

Something about swallowing sea men I expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Yes but with sports and other form of fetishes you don't live every second of your life in pain, no mobility etc.

No, ideally not - but potentially this could be the result that's what I'm saying. That's what the fat women & the other examples have in common.

But having said that, I'd be pretty certain, as mentioned, that psychological issues play a big part here and if so, even if consensual, there's something not right about it.
    em....well I'll wash clothes but won't iron and also I'll only cook 2 out of 7 nights

You wild minx!

Yes but why alway direct these negative comments towards larger girls? I've seen, as I'm sure you have many drunken men get with really skinny/boney unattractive girls and vise versa

But its always the fat burds that the guys head for at 2:25am in the morning just as the music is winding up and the bouncers are getting ready to shout - "Are ye right there folks" - Guys have milliseconds to socre at that stage and reckon they will stand a better chance with a larger girl. This is not suggesting that stout women are more unattractive - they just seem to be friendlier than skinny women thats all.

But its always the fat burds that the guys head for at 2:25am in the morning just as the music is winding up and the bouncers are getting ready to shout - "Are ye right there folks" - Guys have milliseconds to socre at that stage and reckon they will stand a better chance with a larger girl. This is not suggesting that stout women are more unattractive - they just seem to be friendlier than skinny women thats all.

I believe what you are suggesting is that larger girls are more likely to be easy? I don't think guys care at 2.45am if a girl is friendly or not

• Advertisement

You wild minx!

I try, I might even make breakfast some mornings

I try, I might even make breakfast some mornings

Mmmm, making bacon http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4symzPMZm1qzulr8o1_500.png

If I had to chose I would prefer a fat bloke (not obese though) than a skinny bloke I don't think that's a fetish just couldn't go out with a guy with skinner thighs than mine !

If I had to chose I would prefer a fat bloke (not obese though) than a skinny bloke I don't think that's a fetish just couldn't go out with a guy with skinner thighs than mine !

http://www.funnyawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Skinny-Comic.jpg

I believe what you are suggesting is that larger girls are more likely to be easy? I don't think guys care at 2.45am if a girl is friendly or not

I think agreeable and open-minded are the two qualities these drunk men are seeking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Does that really happen a lot? Surely there aren't that many adult males so desperate to tell their mates they got their hole that they'd make a beeline for women they don't fancy?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Does that really happen a lot? Surely there aren't that many adult males so desperate to tell their mates they got their hole that they'd make a beeline for women they don't fancy?

Unfortunately in my experience there is. Some of the things that "nice" fellas have said to me really surprised me. Even in cases where I knew them well enough a bad night of getting shot down really changes things a lot :pac:

Friendly = more chance of success = Guys definitely care

From anecdotal evidence you understand (mates) - Guys definitely have more success with the more ample lady....

Friendly = more chance of success = Guys definitely care

From anecdotal evidence you understand (mates) - Guys definitely have more success with the more ample lady....

You mean drunk guys though? You're saying ample ladies are more likely to score a drunk guy rather than a sober guy?
    Am I the only one who finds this insulting?

You mean drunk guys though? You're saying ample ladies are more likely to score a drunk guy rather than a sober guy?

Only in the same way that an ample guy is more likely to score with a drunk girl than a sober one. Beer-goggles are uni-sex.

They are desperate to get their hole, not desperate to tell their friends so. And yes about the beeline. With a few drinks aboard, fancying is a bonus.

• Advertisement

Well to be honest, sober people are going to be pretty much in a minority in that environment at that hour of the moring so in mutual drunkenness all parties are satisfied ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I suppose a pic is out of the question? :o

Doesn't have to be extreme feeding or anything. Maybe eatin a bit of toast or something?

;)
    Keep talkin! oh keep talkin! ;)

Lads, I'm a whore for the attention, seriously. Stoppit now or ye'll regret it :p

On a more serious note, anyone ever meet anyone like this? In real life, I mean? I've only ever come across them (pun most definitely intended) on t'internet. I do remember one bloke who took lots and lots of pictures of his stretch marks, he was so proud of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I think he might have worded it kinda badly...I can see where you're coming from though. There is that 'poor fat girl' sympathy going on.

Really though, as someone who is 'fat' I've never had any problems scoring men and do alright, attention-wise (that makes me sound terribly arrogant, and it's not meant to be at all...I'm just pointing out that as a 'fat' woman I have in the past gotten more attention than my 'skinnier' friends. And I'm not so massively obese that it's a case of them feeling sorry for me or settling for me. At least I don't think so. Jesus, this thread will give me a complex if I continue).

Lads, I'm a whore for the attention, seriously. Stoppit now or ye'll regret it :p

On a more serious note, anyone ever meet anyone like this?

Ha ha - kind of.

I had a BBW girlfriend years ago in England - a goth (surprise surprise, no offence, but well, ya know...) she would have been along the lines of the English girl last night except dark (mixed race)

She was verrrry hot I must say. I do like larger ladies but that's as large as I would go probably - I don't think it really qualifies for fat fetishist strictly.

Put it this way, in general, if the option was a pretty size 8/10/12 or a "fairly" pretty size 16/18/20, I'd go large. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I like an athletic body. Not ripped or anything but physically fit. I can't say I was impressed and as someone else said if it was anorexia instead of obesity this show wouldn't have been made. If a person is over weight then they're over weight but it is not something that anyone should aspire to.

Shryke wrote: »
    If a person is over weight then they're over weight but it is not something that anyone should aspire to.

Their choice though?

(with the assumption that all is OK emotionally/psychologicvally caveat)

People do unnatural and illogical things a lot of the time - often it's just personal distaste that highlights one over another.

I wouldn't have been impressed with a parade of athletic bodies.

On a more serious note, anyone ever meet anyone like this?

Ha ha - kind of.

I had a BBW girlriend years ago in England - a goth (surprise surprise, no offence, but well, ya know...) she would have been along the lines of the English girl last night except dark (mixed race)

She was verrrry hot I must say. I do like larger ladies but that's as large as I would go probably - I don't think it really qualifies for fat fetishist strictly.

Put it this way, in general, if the option was a pretty size 8/10/12 or a "fairly" pretty size 16/18/20, I'd go large. :cool:

in fairness ruralyoke the fact you are attracted to what society considers 'bigger girls' isnt anywhere at all like a fetish, its just an attraction to a particular type of girl, im the same myself.

but the confusion for most people stems from mockumentaries like this one where they give these idiots a platform to air their sick shít.

this would now be the third time they must have shown it actually, as i remember seeing it twice before already, i missed it the other night, but i know exactly what was on it.

while there may be a sexual element to it for some (some people are sexually attracted to inanimate objects, it takes all kinds, etc), the people shown on this mockumentary were nothing more than control freaks who sought out women whom they could easily control, and further to make these women completely dependent upon them.

it doesnt take an open mind to see that some practices (i wont call this particular practice a fetish) are just wrong.

If a person is over weight then they're over weight but it is not something that anyone should aspire to.

Their choice though?

People do unnatural and illogical things a lot of the time - often it's just personal distaste that highlights one over another.

you have to admit though ruralyoke that the participants shown in this particular mockumentary were anything but psychologically or emotionally 'ok', they were obviously coerced and manipulated by the attention they got, and the more attention they got, the more the idea was reinforced in their minds to equate this attention with affection, an affection and acceptance that they craved, and would do anything for it, even to the point where they didnt care what their body looked like physically, as long as the attention fed their mental and emotional cravings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Their choice though?

Of course it's their choice. I'm not speaking against people choosing obesity because I don't find it attractive either. It's wrong mainly because it's terrible for their health.
    It's a persons choice to starve themselves or become an alcoholic or engage in other harmful activity but that doesn't make it right. It has nothing to do with taste except from the point of view of people that fancy obese women, no offense meant.
    Wanting to destroy yourself like that is a psychological problem and if it isn't they will certainly develop a lot of problems when they're gigantic. It's unhealthy in every way.
    I'm not giving out about fat people though, I'd like to point that out. Aspiring to be dangerously overweight is what I'm speaking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Prefer biggish women myself.

Though I ain't no slim thats for sure.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Varied wrote: »
    Prefer biggish women myself.

Though I ain't no slim thats for sure.:cool:

I agree...I am a woman and at the gym most days but I do look healthier with bit of weight on me14/16 but I like my size now 10/12 and just changing the record slightly I would rather have a bigger guy than 1 that was slimmer than me:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Lippy C wrote: »
    I agree...I am a woman and at the gym most days but I do look healthier with bit of weight on me14/16 but I like my size now 10/12 and just changing the record slightly I would rather have a bigger guy than 1 that was slimmer than me:confused::eek:

Stop giving false hope to us internet swine! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

All that food I envy youuuu.. podgy; fat fücks

xsiborg wrote: »
    ... the people shown on this mockumentary were nothing more than control freaks who sought out women whom they could easily control, and further to make these women completely dependent upon them.

I have to say that while I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I did get this impression.
    ... they were obviously coerced and manipulated by the attention they got

But I dunno, I wouldn't maybe go this far.
    I'm not giving out about fat people though, I'd like to point that out. Aspiring to be dangerously overweight is what I'm speaking about.

I know. But loads of things are dangerous, as mentioned.

Not referring to you, but it is my distinct impression that many people are happy to tolerate or overlook other practices that are equally dangerous/unhealthy but make a taste judgement when it comes to something like this. They form an opinion informed by revulsion as much as than anything else.

I don't want to make a big deal about it because ultimately, yes, obviously it's not a good idea to deliberately become dangerously obese - but in terms of the attraction thing, I certainly don't like that anyway.

And yes, much as I would like to defend lifestyle choices I do get the impression that this particular thing is not wholly consensual, either subconsciously or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hate shows like this always makes the subject out to be million times worse then it is.

There looking for a big over the top reaction so they show you the worst case scenerio possible and then of course you have people react the way most of you have in response.

There are loads of men and women out there who would prefer bigger girls or fellas but you will find most them will never admit it because its a taboo subject that has been made look like anyone whos interested in it is a freak.

I tend to go for a bigger curvey women meself as i find it sexyer. Ive been with a few big girls and **** it theres nothing wrong with that there still human ha. The same can be said for any slim girl i was ever with. Theres no difference.

I know for a fact that with most fetishs you only ever hear about the extreme sides and the weirdos. No one promotes the good stuff.

Dont get me wrong im not into women going way over board and getting huge and i think its wrong because there ruining there lifes and the people around them.

But at the same time its annoying and i speak from my own personal experience that if you mention in public or to certain people you know that your into big girls you will always get the same reactions and looks as if your some kind of freak of nature.

Id say theres very few people out there who dont have a fetish for something but are afraid to admit it to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I found the scene with girl being force feed melted mint choc ice cream through a tube while having her belly rubbed, offensive.

Mint choc is horrible :mad:

Id say theres very few people out there who dont have a fetish for something but are afraid to admit it to everyone.

Yup, definitely.

Their choice though?

you have to admit though ruralyoke that the participants shown in this particular mockumentary were anything but psychologically or emotionally 'ok', they were obviously coerced and manipulated by the attention they got, and the more attention they got, the more the idea was reinforced in their minds to equate this attention with affection, an affection and acceptance that they craved, and would do anything for it, even to the point where they didnt care what their body looked like physically, as long as the attention fed their mental and emotional cravings.

I agree with this. When that woman said she would do anything to please a man, even put her health at risk showed that there are some serious underlying issues. She was absolutely beautiful when she was younger and only started putting on weight after her first marriage failed.

Btw im a curvy girl and proud but these women were unhealthy and no one can dispute this. Either extremes of weight usually suggest underlying issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

The biggest problem with shows like this is the term 'curvy' gets murdered. There is a difference between curves and rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

just couldn't go out with a guy with skinner thighs than mine !
    Lippy C wrote: »
    I would rather have a bigger guy than 1 that was slimmer than me:confused::eek:
    That's a common enough one I've heard from the ladies. Speaking as someone with a tendency to scrawny I've certainly noticed it over the years. It's almost less about the guy, but more about how he makes the woman feel about her own bodily confidence. It can be a practical thing too. For me a larger lady than me is "harder to work with", to coin an unfortunate phrase. So my preference would be a woman smaller than me in size. I can see why a bigger built woman might find a stick insect bloke a pain in the arse on that score alone, never mind personal confidence.
    God yea D, it happens soooo much. The drink hits and any hole is a goal mentality takes over. Though part of that is the drink hits and they're more honest about their actual preferences.

It's a cultural thing too. Irish men in my experience anyway, tend to prefer the more buxom lady as a very general rule. We're more boob men for a start. Handily enough Irish women tend to have bigger boobs than most of Europe(I read somewhere the young Irish lady tends to wear one of the biggest bra sizes in Europe as an average). Eastern European and Latin men are much more into the thinner woman, again as a general rule.

I'd be surprised to find a similar response like this;
    Keep talkin! oh keep talkin! ;)
    about a size 16 lady in say Slovakia.

Women that would be valued and pursued here, might get barely a look in by comparison in somewhere like Barcelona or Milan. Nada to do with how pretty they are either. I've seen Italian and Spanish men go for "butterface" type women with slim bodies, but not so nice faces over very facially pretty women with larger frames. IMHO Irish blokes tend to be more facially orientated when push comes to shove and if she's got big bewbs... game on. :D Certainly Ive noticed I would be an odd one out among my peers for preferring the more gracile/athletic/slim woman. Even though some would claim that's their "type", when given the choice go for the more upholstered women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    For me a larger lady than me is "harder to work with", to coin an unfortunate phrase.

Depends on a lot of things. I've found anything under 5 foot 9 and it's hard to get proper leverage. :pac:

The more upholstered woman! Ha thats a new one for me. Im upholstered in pure silk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Feel sorry for the son, he has to clean her after she goes for a shíte come on woman have you no shame what so ever. I mean maybe if you were 90+ yrs old then fair enough but really... really... !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I like bigger girls meself, but not so big as they were in that show.

Stout girls (as well as being friendlier than skinny burds) usually have bigger bewbs so the ample lady rocks. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Chorcai wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the son, he has to clean her after she goes for a shíte come on woman have you no shame what so ever. I mean maybe if you were 90+ yrs old then fair enough but really... really... !

glad you mentioned that. That woman came across as extremely selfish. Okay she probably went comfort eating after her marriage broke up, but she now couldn't actually stand up without getting help. She kept going on about herself, her good days, her bad days, blah blah. Not a thought for her poor son, who seemed like a nice guy - Not a thought about how his life was being ruined wiping her a*se for her because of her choice to abuse her own body.

she should set that young boy free. Then she can be free to do what she wants to herself. This woman made her choice - her son didn't

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stout girls (as well as being friendlier than skinny burds) usually have bigger bewbs so the ample lady rocks. :p
    Along with women saying they want a bloke bigger than them, you hear this one from men a fair bit. That and "stout girls" are "easier to get" etc. Is this another confidence issue from the other side? Personally I've not noted any great difference in friendliness between skinny women and fat ones*.

*terms that are firmly in the eye of the beholder anyway. What I might find "fat" another might find "curvy".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Along with women saying they want a bloke bigger than them, you hear this one from men a fair bit. That and "stout girls" are "easier to get" etc. Is this another confidence issue from the other side? Personally I've not noted any great difference in friendliness between skinny women and fat ones*.

*terms that are firmly in the eye of the beholder anyway. What I might find "fat" another might find "curvy".

skinny girls are angry and have no personality.....i joke they're just angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The ads running for the show all bloody week were stomach churning enough.

Imagine the outrage if scenes of a similar level of eroticism for a "normal" person were to be shown is such detail on mainstream television? It's a weird world when something as disgusting as a twenty-something stone woman rolling her stomach fat is considered fine for mainstream television but breasts, vaginas and penises aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

This thread makes me rather pleased that I don't get the UK channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement