Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best online shop in USA to get components?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Heading to the USA for a few weeks and want to pick up a few components for a new build I am planning.

Looking at a Crucial 128GB M4 and Intel i5 2500K.

Maybe a Card Reader as well, any parts that are light and easily packed in my case!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

newegg, ncix, and fry's and BestBuy for bricks and mortar are apparently very good. Amazon.com also cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 seanmack

Thanks guys.

Going to Seattle so Micro Center are out, a pity - good price on the processor.

Frys and Best Buy are there OK, I have used them before and those sites ncix and newegg look good.

Although the Crucial SSD is a good price on Amazon, although in Seattle I may get caught for tax!!

I may need some advice on a motherboard but I need to put up my system requirements first.

Just working on my system requirements and I had intented to use this PS "Antec Truepower New 550W" because of the modular cable system. But it no longer seems to be available on hardwareversand. An ides on an alternative?

How to ask for computer build help.
    If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget? [~€700 ]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Video editing, HTPC including recording TV, Internet and general use. Tend to have a lot of windows at the same time!]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Have a few large Hard Drives so will use them, OK for keyboard and mouse]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]
    Using a "amsung Syncmaster S24A300BL 24" Widescreen LED Monitor"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Card Reader perhaps, need an eSATA port and a FireWire port so if not available on MB will wand them on a card reader!]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [This is a first time build, but have been playing with PCs for more years than I care to think about. In North County Dublin.]

As at the moment no gaming is required so I do not need a graphics card, for now.
    Am willing to go with the stock cooler initially.
    In the list below I have used a Gigabyte MB because of the eSATA and FireWire but am worried about the trouble this make might give!! so an alternative would be nice.

OK here is what I have come up with so far.

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Item|Price
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, Intel Z68, ATX|€118.31
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 3000 black|€58.76
    2 x 8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€71.38
    Antec Basiq 550W 80Plus|€62.47
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€190.81
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€111.29
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.58
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€648.59

• Advertisement
Advertisement