Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapter One - Dress code?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has been to Chapter One and can enlighten me as to what the general dress code is. I'm going there soon and I'm aware of how fancy it is, but I don't own any suits or 'smart casual' clothes, in the middle-aged professional, chinos, loafers and pastel shirt sense..

Will I stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the atmosphere of everyone elses upmarket evening if I turn up in a smart-ish shirt and jeans?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It's very relaxed - a friend turned up in an Irish rugby jersey after being at an international game in Croker and there were no problems. Now saying that, for yourself I think you'd like to look smart! Jeans & a nice shirt + shoes would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

...and perhaps tuck the shirt IN if it's not usually your thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They're not overly fussy, its a nice relaxed atmosphere. Just don't turn up in tracksuit bottoms and runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lt. Palumbo

Yeah, I'd say a shirt, just so you don't feel underdressed but they're honestly not that pushed, my friend turned up in his sweats and they put his gym bag in with the coats and everything

Advertisement