Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalcore/Melodic Hardcore

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anything goes I guess, just wanna see if there's any interest in these genres in Ireland and in particular, Galway. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Are you looking to form a band, start a gig night, discuss particular bands or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Yes I enjoy those genres. I guess your username is a good place to start, Parkway Drive's Horizons is a top notch metalcore album that gets sporadic spins on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭metallo

We are a melodic hardcore metal band based in dublin called Attack On Apollo, more infos in the band promotion section:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056639556

I think there is much interest in this genre in Ireland for what is our gig experience, and the response from people is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Burnt By The Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Probably very obvious considering your username but....

Great tune and the video is awesome to boot!

Although bands taking the piss on a beach aint a new idea either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Parkwaydrive

Well I'd love to start a band, but I can't find anyone in Galway to start one with! So I guess this was my next port of call.

And yeah, PWD are so beast, to anyone into hardcore I suggest ye listen to the band Counterparts. Brilliant!

Just as a reply to the song you posted, here's a cover of my friend & I playing that song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXt85Zaiw0o

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I'm quite a big fan of this genre.
    Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, Rise to Remain, 36 Crazyfists and Shaddows Fall would be some of the bands which I like from the genre also.

Just as a reply to the song you posted, here's a cover of my friend & I playing that song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXt85Zaiw0o

Christ ye look very young!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

36 crazyfists rule :) new album was only okay but the Bitterness through to Tides owned me for about 2 years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

Y'know, I thought I didn't like most metalcore (and maybe I still don't/won't), but that Parkway Drive song was pretty good! Any other bands in the same vein as them that people know of?

36 crazyfists rule :) new album was only okay but the Bitterness through to Tides owned me for about 2 years :)

I was the same, Rest Inside The Flames after that too was a start to finish album for me too, top quality band!

Christ ye look very young!

I'm 18, my friend's 17!

Cill94 wrote: »
    Y'know, I thought I didn't like most metalcore (and maybe I still don't/won't), but that Parkway Drive song was pretty good! Any other bands in the same vein as them that people know of?

Well the band "The Ghost Inside" are slightly different but are a great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Ahh you don't mean metallic hardcore then? You mean the awful music that was called Metalcore without sounding like it.

You can disregard my suggestion of BBTS then.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

There tended to be quite a bit of metalcore on Scuzz music channel. One band that comes to mind is Asking Alexandria, with their unique style of trancey(yup) breakdowns.

*Warning - I think it's safe to assume that more often than not, if you watch this video you'll have an adverse reaction*

Is there anyone in Galway looking to start a melodic hardcore/ metalcore band?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Is there anyone in Galway looking to start a melodic hardcore/ metalcore band?
    Please keep musician wanted discussion to the Musicians Available or Wanted forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I love metalcore. Easily my favourite sub genre. Some of the songs that have recently found their way on my playlist when I'm out runnning.

Malice wrote: »
    Please keep musician wanted discussion to the Musicians Available or Wanted forum.

Sorry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 M4dhatter

Hey, I'm moving from Switzerland to Galway tomorrow for three months. I'm currently playing in a deathcore band (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Awakening-Resolution/156009874470017), but it would be nice if I could find someone to play with! I won't bring my guitar(s) there :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

More 36 Crazyfists love here, Rest Inside The Flames is up there as one of my favourite albums. As Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage is another excellent "core" album.

Advertisement