Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FixitFriday

Options
  • 23-05-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know anything about the phone/laptop repairs place called 'fix it friday'? I got in contact with them about a broken HTC phone and a guy came to my house to get it about a week and a half ago. He's answered all my calls since then and has been helpful all round, but I'm concerned because I have no reference number, receipt, quote, nothing. All I have is this guy who's answering my phone calls and saying that he sent it to be fixed and that he'll have more information soon. I feel sooooo stupid now for not getting a receipt I tell you...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heyrosie

I know they have a website and all that, but its very easy to say you're from a a web company and show up and take a €500 phone. Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid? Really the fact that I have no receipt or reference number is just making me anxious. Really I'm wondering if there are any personal experiences out there, or if this seems normal enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I never use them but you can get name and address looking at the whois for fixitfriday.com

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

they are a authorized Apple repair agent so they are definitely legit, ive used them before.

phone number should be on their website, if not, let me know and ill get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

They used to have an Adverts.ie ad and he was last active start of the month:

http://www.adverts.ie/repair-services/fix-it-friday/474500

Same guy is registered on their whois:

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/fixitfriday.com

Scroll through and you will see phone numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 heyrosie

Sorry guys I don't know why I didn't see these replies. But thank you! Its been 15 working days today and I haven't heard anything back from them without hounding them first so I'm just concerned. But it does seem like perhaps that concern is unfounded. Glad to hear someone else has used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Hi, I've used them before for a Nokia Lumia screen replacement and was pretty happy with the service. Took about a week for the Nokia to come back repaired. Rang once about a Samsung Galaxy but couldn't get a price on it, so didn't send that one.

Advertisement