Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode Database ?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a downloadable/accessable barcode database for grocery items in Ireland ?

In the process of computerising a till & it seems to me that to scan & manually enter everything might be more than a little time consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

OU812 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a downloadable/accessable barcode database for grocery items in Ireland ?

In the process of computerising a till & it seems to me that to scan & manually enter everything might be more than a little time consuming.
    Contact your grocery suppliers and ask them to run s report in excel on a complete list of items you have purchased over the last year including product code description cost and barcode and what ever other criteria you need. If you request it from the right person should take no length of time to receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭OU812

Would that be off my club card details & can they do that ?

What department would be responsible for it do you think ?

And thank you for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

OU812 wrote: »
    Would that be off my club card details & can they do that ?

What department would be responsible for it do you think ?

And thank you for your response

Your suppliers should be able to do that, Cash and Carry etc and would be easier if you had an account history with them.

I suppose the first point of contact would be an accounts manager or IT dept.

Advertisement