Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results.

• 23-05-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering when they will be out? And when they are how do we access them? Im just finished 1st year as a mature student, great year and 'enjoyed' the exams in a strange way. Anywho thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

How to access the results. http://www.gmit.ie/exams/online-results/docs/online-results-user-guide-v6.pdf

FAO.. >> http://www.gmit.ie/exams/online-results/docs/online-results-faq-v2.pdf

June 19 Results Published
    June 19 Student Consultation (1/2 day, pm)
    June 20 Student Consultation

Student Consultation is if you want to discuss your paper with any lectures or want feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

when is the pin sent to us??

is it a day before or day of???

its a bit close now, results out tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

the pin number is the one you use for your library account. if you don't know the pin ask a member of staff of the library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

doesnt this pin have to be 6 digits though??

my library pin is just 4 digits

i emailed webforstudent anyways, just to enquire, they said they couldnt find a pin for my name so reset it to my date of birth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

You will be able to access your exam results via the Internet using Web For Student.

This facility will be available from Tuesday 19th June. Results will be released to students on a phased basis as follows:

School of Humanities 9:00
    Letterfrack Campus 9:00
    School of Engineering 11.00
    Castlebar Campus 13:30
    School of Science 14:30
    Hotel School 15.30
    School of Business 16:00

Please note: You will not be able to obtain your results until the times specified above.

Results will remain available until 21st August at 5 p.m.

Student Consultation Days: Tuesday 19th June 2012 (half day only)
    Wednesday 20th June (Arranged by Schools)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 urriefurrie

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering has anyone got their results yet? I have gone to the page but its apologising and saying that its limiting its use due to alot of users and to come back later. Just very anxious at the mo.
    Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering has anyone got their results yet? I have gone to the page but its apologising and saying that its limiting its use due to alot of users and to come back later. Just very anxious at the mo.
    Thanks all
    Mine were due now at 330 and its not letting me in, obviously too many people accessing at once, im sure this could have been foreseen and appropriate measures taken.

Scratch that it worked.

Mine were for 2:30 so its nerve wrecking. I got an email as well there about an hour or so ago to say to students about repeat exams and the form they need to fill up so just wish I had them and that they went alright.

2.1 degree in the bag.
    Booom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lowest percentage was 62% and the highest was 82%. Was worried about having to repeat.

Keep refreshing the page guys and hope ye get what ye need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cookiechoc

Hi!

I still can't access my results. I sent an email to web for student yesterday and again today, but no reply. Anyone else in this situation? I'm beginning to get a little anxious...:(

cookiechoc wrote: »
    Hi!

I still can't access my results. I sent an email to web for student yesterday and again today, but no reply. Anyone else in this situation? I'm beginning to get a little anxious...:(

What's your specific problem? Is it that you don't have the 6 Digit code or are you getting the "Access Denied" because of too much people logged in error?

What's your specific problem? Is it that you don't have the 6 Digit code or are you getting the "Access Denied" because of too much people logged in error?

Hi, I'm getting the following message:

Your account access has been disabled.
    STUDENTS please email the Web For Student for more information.

LECTURERS please contact your School Administrator for more information.

Please DO NOT contact the IT Helpdesk.

I've sent them two emails (no reply) and emailed the head of my course (who said keep trying)....getting a bit annoyed now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

cookiechoc wrote: »
    Hi, I'm getting the following message:

Your account access has been disabled.
    STUDENTS please email the Web For Student for more information.

LECTURERS please contact your School Administrator for more information.

Please DO NOT contact the IT Helpdesk.

I've sent them two emails (no reply) and emailed the head of my course (who said keep trying)....getting a bit annoyed now!
    Im guessing they are inundated with students trying to get there accounts reset so im sure they will get to yours in time. I know of people who sent their emails lastnight and got results this morning then.

I think they could also disable accounts if they haven't been accessed in a certain period of time (100+ days I think). If not I'd head down to the college if possible because today is the last consultation day and your lecturer would definitely have your script.

Thanks. They reset my password so I was able to access it. Passed! Yay!:D

A classmate has 10 repeats to do in August out of 11 subjects. Why even bother?

Thank God for him there's a cap on the price..

My friend had 7 repeats last year, and passed them all.
    You never know.

Hi All,
    am a bit worried. I went to view my exam results online last Tuesday didn't get to see them(probably due to the volume of people logging on) but did after I kept trying which was great and saw my results but however went to view my exams today and found that they are on hold due to -Awaiting Examinations Board Meeting. What does this mean? thanks everyone

Hi All,
    am a bit worried. I went to view my exam results online last Tuesday didn't get to see them(probably due to the volume of people logging on) but did after I kept trying which was great and saw my results but however went to view my exams today and found that they are on hold due to -Awaiting Examinations Board Meeting. What does this mean? thanks everyone

Checked mine there again just to see if I got the same problem but I didn't. I'm in Business so maybe it's dependent on what course you're in. What course are you at yourself?

• Advertisement

Hi ya Diabhal Beag i'm on the biopharmaceutical course in 4th year. I saw my results 5 days ago checked over the wknd and they were still there but today saw I couldn't access the results. In the past i was use to results just posted out and that was it didn't know the first thing about an exam board till i saw this as a hold on the results. Now i must add that our last exam was on the 2nd of June as well. So just wondering is it a normal part of the examination process that they're (the transcripts) put before an examinations board for a final decision and then posted out and will this mean that the exam results that I saw last Tue 19th June will they change drastically? Sorry about my post being so long winded

No problem urriefurrie and please keep posting here as we're looking for as much GMIT posters as possible to offer insight into the college.

We were told that some of the results may be still Provisional so maybe there's a hold on them until they've been properly looked over. I'd also send off an email to your course department just to find out what the definite story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Jesus, he's going to have a rough time. He'd want to start studying now.

Advertisement