Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to wait for passport following us dv visa interview

Options
  • 23-05-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone know how long you have to wait for a decision or passport after the interview??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

They usually make a decision on the day, but they only print visas once a week or so, so even if you get an "approved" on the day, it may take 10-15 working days to get the passport back. If you need it the week after interview, explain the situation- likely they will give you the passport back at the interview, and ask you to submit it after your hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

thank you for your response. I guess when she told me she was still waiting and they had not even given a decision I worried. At least as you say, if I tell them that they might let me have the passport and resubmit it.

Fingers crossed we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

We were told on the day of the interview we got it, I was the DV one but the interviewer told my husband we got it and that she forgot to mention it to me. We also got our passports back within 5 days. I suppose it depends on how busy it is we did our interview in April 2010.

Advertisement