Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor in Miami

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sorry to drag up this again, but there was a letter in the Indo last week which was relevent to some poster feelings (including mine) on the mayors treatment of the flag...
    http://galwayindependent.com/stories/item/2581/2012-23/Mayor-should-be-educated-in-use-of-flag

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Official protocol, responsibility for which rests with the Department of the Taoiseach, demands that ‘care should be taken at all times to ensure that the national flag does not touch the ground, trail in water or become entangled in trees or other obstacles.’
    Further, it demands that the flag ‘should not be used in any manner implying disrespect’ and ‘should always be treated with due respect’.

Even though the mayor should be extra sensitive to these matters this gets a huge meh from me
    "Lads, I'd like to jump in but someone may get offended if I wet the flag."
    "Aye mayor, best leave it so."
    :D

It is also not allowed to write anything on the flag, but tell that to the sports fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Oh for Gods sake. Good old patriotic paddy thinks it's a "source of national and international shame and embarrassment" that a flag got wet. I hope no one has told him the country is being governed by the Federal Republic of Germany. That's worth getting upset about. Write a letter about that - that the flag is meaningless. Except for Paddy to wrap around his head or crotch at a football match. The TV pictures from a rain soaked Poznan last night must have been unbearable for patriotic paddy who can quote official flag protocol from the Department of the Taoiseach.

Advertisement