Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing Coinage...

Options
  • 23-05-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there a maximum to the amount of coinage you can bring to the bank to deposit into your personal account? Assuming it is bagged correctly, etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Sacksian,

There is no set limit to the amount of coinage you can lodge to your account. Although depending on the amount of bags, the branch may not be able to process them at peak times or during lunch. If this is the case I would suggest for you to contact your branch and make an appointment.

I hope this helps

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

I do not see why somebody who is depositing cash into their own account would have to make an appointment regardless of what time of the day it is, surely the staff are there to provide a service to all customers not just when the feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi mousehouse,

There are no set procedures in relation to making an appointment to lodge coins. Under normal circumstances you should be able to lodge coin into your account at any time. In some cases, if a customer is looking to make a deposit of a significant amount of coin, individual branches may request that a customer make an appointment to help minimize the impact on other customers.

This would usually only happen in extreme and rare circumstances.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement