Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

people on my street selling cheap illegal fags!!!!

• 23-05-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

who is the best people to report them to?? and yes they are polish, they are selling them to kids as young as seven , any one with money they dont care and it makes me mad !!!! :mad: very mad:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Office of tobacco control or customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

thanks any numbers???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

house45 wrote: »
    who is the best people to report them to?? and yes they are polish, they are selling them to kids as young as seven , any one with money they dont care and it makes me mad !!!! :mad: very mad:mad:

U vant to buy ze fagski?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

No need to contact the 'Office of tobacco control or customs.'
    Just call your local Garda station. What they are doing is illegal and as such if the Gardai can catch them in the act they should be able to arrest and charge them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Hart wrote: »
    No need to contact the 'Office of tobacco control or customs.'
    Just call your local Garda station. What they are doing is illegal and as such if the Gardai can catch them in the act they should be able to arrest and charge them.

The legislation for this stuff gives more powers to the OTC and Customs. if it's an ongoing thing then they are the ones to call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

How do you know the cigarettes are made in Poland? What nationality are the people selling them? You can tell where they are from by looking at the size of their ears. Seriously, how do you know they are Polish?? They could be Latvian, Lithuanian, Croatian, Russian, Moldovan? How come when ever someone foreign does somthing dodgy, they are immediatly "Polish"? Most of the Poles I know are hard working and honest, not all, but there ya go. Report the people selling illegal fags by all means, but they may well not be Polish:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Customs are in Nenagh, give them a buzz

Or your local garda station can escalate and get them involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Pottler wrote: »
    How do you know the cigarettes are made in Poland? What nationality are the people selling them? You can tell where they are from by looking at the size of their ears. Seriously, how do you know they are Polish?? They could be Latvian, Lithuanian, Croatian, Russian, Moldovan? How come when ever someone foreign does somthing dodgy, they are immediatly "Polish"? Most of the Poles I know are hard working and honest, not all, but there ya go. Report the people selling illegal fags by all means, but they may well not be Polish:)

It seems to me that in general the word 'Polish' is used in Ireland to describe just about anyone of slavic origin these days. A very strange phenomenon which I am getting sick of.
    However rather than questioning the actual nationality of these people I would first ask what their nationality has to do with this in the first place?

Another thing I'd like to know is if the OP actually has any evidence of a 7 year old being sold cigarettes or is this merely a rumour which the OP now considers fact for whatever reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

The OP knows they're Polish and not Irish becuase they are there early and don't go on a tea break every 20 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Don't bother calling Joe Duffy OP, he has no interest in this

Has done interviews with salt of the earth Dubs talking about how times are hard and they have to sell these to survive. These are the common people of the city, Joe's special people
    Ah jaysus, don't you know times are hard OP?

They sell da illegals and the Chinese versions are da illegal illegals

However OP, if you ever open a head shop and pay tax and don't try to smuggle then Joe Duffy will still consider you the greatest scumbag in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Counterfeit fags are bad for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Legit ones are not exactly harmless

A cigarette is like a ferret if you lite the ass of one and stick the other end in your mouth it will kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Zambia wrote: »
    Legit ones are not exactly harmless

A cigarette is like a ferret if you lite the ass of one and stick the other end in your mouth it will kill you.

I was being sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I was dumbing it down further dont worry i got your point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Office of tobacco control or customs (1850 715815)

Advertisement