Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bleedin Moochers !

• 23-05-2012 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

I do 2 days a week voluntry work in a free food drop in centre near Church St. This is meant to be a hot meal for homeless people on a daily basis and there is no charge. As this is community service order for a previous charge, I am familiar with the local folk who work in the nearby courts,garda stations etc.
    In the last week I have seen solicitors, 2 garda, 2 court clerks and a few others from well paid jobs coming in wearing an anorak or hoodie standing in the Q for a free meal. I would love to lift them out of it and tell them to f off but its my temper that got me into truble so I cant really say anything. I would love to shame them, Any Ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

shenanigans?

you post complaining about moochers and use the chance to get free advertising for the place you work for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Your cook is too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps it's a Homeless Come Dine With Me kinda thing.

it's open again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

what's on the menu today? I'm starving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

FatherLen wrote: »
    it's open again!

Woohoo! Free meals for everyone! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

FatherLen wrote: »
    it's open again!

The kitchen? Excellent.

>Dons old raincoat and awaits free meal<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

You can be a solicitor/gardai/court clerk and still be homeless you know :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ask them would they like to contribute.

• Advertisement

what's on the menu today? I'm starving!

Soup in the basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

four18 wrote: »
    I would love to lift them out of it and tell them to f off but its my temper that got me into truble

sentenced to community service? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I would love to shame them, Any Ideas ?

Become friends with them maybe?

I know I'd be embarrassed!

davet82 wrote: »
    sentenced to community service? :rolleyes:

I hate to think what he stirs the tea with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Put laxatives in their food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whats on the menu?

i might drop up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you. GTFO!!!

simple and effective... but let me tweek it slightly ^^^ :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Smarmy gits the lot of you. I was being serious. Like schoolboys trying to be funnier than each other and thinking you are hilarious.
    Please dont think this is so funny. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Lot of people out there struggling. I presume it's the Cappuchin centre you're talking about. Couldn't see Br. Kevin minding helping anyone out. Just like the V de P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

OP... might be in a position to help you !! PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I do 2 days a week voluntry work in a free food drop in centre near Church St. This is meant to be a hot meal for homeless people on a daily basis and there is no charge. As this is community service order for a previous charge, I am familiar with the local folk who work in the nearby courts,garda stations etc.
    In the last week I have seen solicitors, 2 garda, 2 court clerks and a few others from well paid jobs coming in wearing an anorak or hoodie standing in the Q for a free meal. I would love to lift them out of it and tell them to f off but its my temper that got me into truble so I cant really say anything. I would love to shame them, Any Ideas ?

Maybe they are homeless. You are very charitable all right,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Right, is it your job to decide who can actually avail of this service and are you receiving any assistance from the community/state yourself?

you are hilarious.
    Thanks

you're welcome

You're not the boss of me. I'll find what I like amusing, thanks very much.

Do you know all these Gardai and solicitors personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Smarmy gits the lot of you. I was being serious. Like schoolboys trying to be funnier than each other and thinking you are hilarious.

Do us all a favour and contact the Sunday World or some other paper with this story.

If it turns out to be true I will personally turn up to your home and bake you a cake with 'sorry' written on it.

Until then why don't you........

PCPhoto wrote: »
    OP... might be in a position to help you !! PM me

looking for a free dinner i see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Right, is it your job to decide who can actually avail of this service and are you receiving any assistance from the community/state yourself?

I believe he might be receiving some assistance which makes this thread even funnier.

I thought there was no such thing as a free lunch?

Yes It is the Cappochin Centre and I helped make up over 600 food bags today so please stop trying to make me feel small. I am doing community service and am not looking for anything from anyone, just pointing out the moochers out there. Read my OP and then reply, turn your intellengince to my advantage, Thanks :)

It's so funny it's pathetic, you really think we are going to believe that story?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I believe he might be receiving some assistance which makes this thread even funnier.

As do I.

The OP is neglecting to inform the public that he's on social welfare and is in receipt of disability benefit yet is still able to work a few days each week handing out food.

Would make you wonder who the real "Bleedin Moochers !" are.

Yes It is the Cappochin Centre and I helped make up over 600 food bags today so please stop trying to make me feel small. I am doing community service and am not looking for anything from anyone, just pointing out the moochers out there. Read my OP and then reply, turn your intellengince to my advantage, Thanks :)

That's why you have a grudge against solicitors and guards. Did those bad guards arrest you for something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

In fairness, you're around since August 2010, you should know damn well what sort of response you're gonna get in AH! :D

You should count yourself lucky that nobody suggested you
    insert typical AH response here
    yet!

Not that I'm suggesting you should either ... I'd never suggest such a thing! :D

As do I.

The OP is neglecting to inform the public that he's on social welfare and is in receipt of disability benefit yet is still able to work a few days each week handing out food.

Well he's not actually doing voluntary work as he said at the start of this thread. He's actually doing Community Service. That's not voluntary at all, is it?

OP - How do you know that these guys are Gardai, solicitors etc.? Did they arrest you and prosecute/defend you?

If you know them personally surely they'd be a bit embarrassed meeting you in there.

Or are you just speculating wildly that these guys have good jobs?

I wanna see the proof gosh darn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I do 2 days a week voluntry work in a free food drop in centre near Church St...
    As this is community service order for a previous charge...

I eh...hmm....

Them guards are probably just checking to see you are doing your community service OP.

As do I.

Yes, I am on social welfare, I get rent allowance, I got into trouble in court, I got 200 hours community service, I am doing it at the above place. Did I miss anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why not just casually say "Aren't you a solicitor/guard?" when you serve them?

Yes, I am on social welfare, I get rent allowance, I got into trouble in court, I got 200 hours community service, I am doing it at the above place. Did I miss anything ?

Well at the start you claimed you were doing voluntary work.

Now unless you don't know the meaning of the word voluntary you were fibbing!

Why not just casually say "Aren't you a solicitor/guard?" when you serve them?

because of his temper, he'll fcukin kill them :pac:

No you just were not forthcoming with all the facts, you have a grudge against solicitors guards and people who work in the courts.
    Get over it, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm sure the guards are working undercover trying to catch the Red Ribbon serial killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

With all due respect OP, you really don't know what are these "moochers" circumstances. They may be struggling to pay a mortgage and keep a roof over their heads. Their spouses/partners may have lost their jobs. They may be in arrears. Guards, court clerks, and solicitors could be in dire straits depending on these circumstances, despite outwardly appearing to have good incomes.

This hasn't gone as expected at all, has it four18?

solicitors could be in dire straits

thats a bigger fib than the OP ;)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    This hasn't gone as expected at all, has it four18?

His username should be four courts.

Did you get free legal aid when you "got into trouble in court"?

• Advertisement
Advertisement