Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bleedin Moochers !

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I dunno. I think the bassist was a lawyer before he joined.

Yeah, apparently he was incensed when Knopfler changed his original lyrics of 'Dinner for nothing a twix for free'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Yeah sure, guess life would be too boring if you self righteous lot didn't have to question everyone's intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

davet82 wrote: »
    you know samantha brick? :rolleyes:

no but im thinking my friend wants to be her clone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

four18 wrote: »
    Please dont think this is so funny. Thanks
    Your first mistake was posting this in AH... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

the_syco wrote: »
    Your first mistake was posting this in AH... :pac:

People in AH dont really bother me because we are all anon. I dont know if I would spout the ****e I spout if everyone knew who I was. AND I am alone saying this. If Your mobile and home adress and email under every post you made, would you post at all ?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

People in AH dont really bother me because we are all anon. I dont know if I would spout the ****e I spout if everyone knew who I was. AND I am alone saying this. If Your mobile and home adress and email under every post you made, would you post at all ?:)

That isnt the point. Posting this in AH means the piss is automatically going to be ripped out of it. Nothing to do with anonymity. There are other forums where this issue may have been looked at properly (legal discussion?).
    But you instead posted it in AH and then seemed surprised when you had the mickey taken out of you. Not to mention your bullsh1t story torn apart.
    Anyone that gets 200 hours community service and calls it voluntary work is a fool in my eyes. Did you commit your crimes just to get the opportunity to help the needy? Must try harder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

On this whole subject, who gets to decide who does/does not deserve charity? If you're poor but manage to dress well and be presentable, will this be looked down on? Or must you subscribe to the looking like a rough hobo policy?

If it's charity, it should be to all, not just to those you suppose need it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

i know a girl who is definitely a moocher... she'll sit there and let everyone else pay for her and never make an attempt to pay for her share, she often asks for people to buy her stuff.... she relies on her good looks and she is obsessed with herself (she is good looking but not absolutely stunning either) she has at least 400 pictures of herself posing on her facebook page.... wait til she hits middle age.... she will be in for a shock.

Knock you back :rolleyes:?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Mmh I think your right after quick internet search, TBH though in Dublin during the boom the country Garda landlord is a stereotype with an element of truth so it doesn't suprise me if some members now have massive negative equity due to greed (not saying all cases!).

And he got punished for it.

Thats bull**** when my OH and myself donated money to the cappachuns we had limited means ourselves but it was done to help people who were worse off than ourselves not some freeloader, if you've walked past cork street you can see the majority of the people outside really are on the bottom rung of society, the food and time that those 'free muchers' take up could be have been used to help somebody really in need by a service that i'm sure is struggling with the increases in poverty over the last number of years/

But you or this poster don't know the circumstances of this Garda or Solicitor. Lots of solicitors have gone bust due to a reliance on conveyancing work, so this guy could be wearing a lovely suit he bought when he had money, but he could close to bankruptcy now. Gardaí have had their OT cut, I know because my buddy is one and, whilst he's not struggling personally, he said a lot of the married lads are finding it very tough. Why shouldn't they cut costs of lunches by getting freebies? They are just as entitled to go to soup kitchens as people who have addiction problems, sleep rough, can't get work or whatever else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

This thread is nonsense. It is a fairy story. That charity place in Bow street is beside the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and the back door of one of the law Library buildings. The Childrens Court is just around the corner. There are solicitors and barristers and guards and court service staff walking around the entrance to it all day as well as driving past. Any solicitor or court clerk etc. going in would be recognised immediately by colleagues. Any guard in the area would be well known to the other individuals queuing.
    The policy in the centre is not to challenge anybody. Br. kevin has commented that he has sometimes flt that some undeserving people come. He has commented that it would be undignified to challenge people as it may be people are trying to preserve their dignity despite poor circumstances. Genuinely needy people may be discouraged from coming if there was potential to be challenged.
    The o/p is being very mean spirited. It is not what that centre is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The o/p is being very me spirited. It is not what that centre is about.

This.

So true, the op was trying to sound like a good Samaritan saying they were doing "voluntary" work. But in reality its community service that the op HAS to do. Hope no one phones the centre to complain you op....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I smell BS too. Like a solicitor is going to bring a hoodie to work and put it on just to get a free meal. As if they would risk being seen by colleagues and shamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

How much has the op cost the state in terms of social welfare, criminal court cases and Garda time? I can't believe he has the nerve to refer to someone as a moocher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Knock you back :rolleyes:?

never tried to pull her... was fed up of her whining after a few hours of her hanging around us.

i took my friends to a gig in waterford... she tagged along with no money... we had to buy her drinks and food.

2 weeks later i took my friends camping in lahinch and she decided to tag along with no money whatsoever.... i had to pay for the food, and drinks for her cos she was moping all day.... at one point when we were at the cliff's of moher i was tempted to push her over lol

i bumped into her at electric picnic and the first thing she said to me was "can i borrow €50 from ya?" i declined that time.

since then we've conveniently forgotton to mention any road trips to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

You can be a solicitor/gardai/court clerk and still be homeless you know :cool:

Indeed you can...I know hundreds and hundreds of homeless solicitors.

Not a lot of people are aware of the major problem of homeless Gardai...at leat 40% percent of Gardai are homeless.

Its a major problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

I would love to lift them out of it and tell them to f off but its my temper that got me into truble so I cant really say anything. I would love to shame them, Any Ideas ?

Trainspotting, the book

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Yes It is the Cappochin Centre and I helped make up over 600 food bags today so please stop trying to make me feel small. I am doing community service and am not looking for anything from anyone, just pointing out the moochers out there. Read my OP and then reply, turn your intellengince to my advantage, Thanks :)

Why, because in reality you're such a big & great philanthropist? :rolleyes: The alternative is jail time, no?

BTW the correct spelling is intelligence.

I do think it's pretty shoddy of anyone to avail of a service like that unless they need it, i'm sure plenty of people do, but it's no better to judge people who claim to need it and make assumptions about them based on their work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

OP, just wee a little in their soup. That'll learn em. Maybe not, apparently that's banned these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

Yes, I am on social welfare, I get rent allowance, I got into trouble in court, I got 200 hours community service, I am doing it at the above place. Did I miss anything ?

and it wouldnt be like you might have a grudge against say lawyers or the gardai......

i dont believe a word of your story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Do they Gardai not get a daily meal allowance or is that only the boys working the airport?

Advertisement