Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There is a large spider on your desk.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I hoover up spideys :cool:

Though there is one on my hallway ceiling for the last week or so and he hasn't moved, could he be dead? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Larianne wrote: »
    The bigger it is, the easier it is to pick up and put outside. Or smush it with your shoe or whatever. The annoying ones are the little bastards who are too quick and you dunno if they've gone up your sleeve or into your ear or wherever else!?! :cool:

I don't mind spiders so if I can't catch them I let them be. Little did I know... I've a large double bed but only use two of the four pillows on it. I hadn't moved one of the pillows that was leaning against the wall for a few days. Changing the bed clothes, I move the pillow and the bastard spider had made a little nest and about 40 mini spiders were all over the pillow. :mad:

The bigger they are the more likely they are to run at you, causing you to fling yourself off balconies, or wardrobes, in an attempt to evade it. And that could be lethal. Thus, even Irish spiders can easily kill you.

I don't mind the little ones, it's the ones that are faster than me that give me the heebie jeebies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'd do the first three options in the poll, all at the same time, very quickly and loudly and with swearing.

This thread makes me feel like something is crawling on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I don't do any of them!

Catch it in something and let spidey loose outside the house, I hate killing them.

This thread makes me sad. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

rain on wrote: »
    This thread makes me feel like something is crawling on me.

Crab infestation possibly ??????.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

You forgot the option

"Buy it a pram"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AB7IDw3PNI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭lau1247

I can't stand bugs/insects in my room.. Just the thought of it could be anywhere doesn't sit well with me if I don't kill them as I see them.. As someone had said, they could breed etc :eek:

Electric Zapper is a godsend and is the only tool i need

latest-technology-Amazing-Handheld-Electric-Bug-Zapper1.jpg

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

yore wrote: »
    Crab infestation possibly ??????.........
    Definitely this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i'd scoop it up into a jar then take it outside and release it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

put it in the microwave for 30seconds at low power, make it angry, get it to bite me and then go home to bed and hopefully wake up with amazing superpowers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I play with them and take pictures of them next to objects just to prove how big they are! :D

I love spiders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Ah leave the spiders alone they have many uses around the house.

1. They kill the flies.

2. Their webs have miracle powers. When I was 5 I cut myself badly and my mum used the web stem the blood and seal the cut. It worked, no scar.

3. If you catch one. Put it in a matchbox and go to bingo. Guaranteed to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Pretty sure that will kill them, might just be a slower death. Poor spideys :(

I'm told it doesn't that they can climb out again. And I'll continue believing that to save my conscience. o_o

I play with them and take pictures of them next to objects just to prove how big they are! :D

I love spiders!

ty Jenny, no sleep for me tonight. :(

• Advertisement

ty Jenny, no sleep for me tonight. :(

Tis only a spider, imagine the amount of flies in the house if it weren't for them to catch them

Tis only a spider, imagine the amount of flies in the house if it weren't for them to catch them

But I can live with flies! Your reasoning to me is the equivalent of releasing a bear around your house to take care of mice.

But I can live with flies! Your reasoning to me is the equivalent of releasing a bear around your house to take care of mice.

Ah not really, they're only tiny spiders sure, that one was extra big!
    A bear would do bodily damage to a human, what can a spider do? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭lau1247

how dirty is the house to have more than one fly at any one time??

i don't let flies in the house either.. zap zap zap..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Ah not really, they're only tiny spiders sure, that one was extra big!
    A bear would do bodily damage to a human, what can a spider do? :confused:

mental harm through terror! :eek:

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »

I think I equal parts admiration and horror at your insect genocide. Have a holster for your zappers? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annieboo

Long-time lurker but had to sign up for this one.

Many years ago my bf (hubby now) was on the phone while I spotted a ginormous spider on my bed. White duvet and curtains so this guy stood out. One of those long-legged freaks that appeared around Dublin a few years ago.

Well I screamed and legged it out the door while trying to track him. BF asks will I come over and get him (he was 5 min by cab/20 min walk) so of course I say yes please. He was shocked and said I was only being flippant.

Cue devastated me fleeing to the couch for the night praying a spider epidemic has not followed me. 6 years later he still slags me.

Now this was not my first run-in with the 8 legged monsters - as a kid I came back from summer camp after a week to my bunk bed being covered with spiders. 2 weeks later I threw on a pair of jeans from the washing line and next time that I sat on the toilet I had 2 of them on my leg.

What can I say - they hate me.

I've gotten better though - we had a regular spider living in our last place that I left alone and I can just about touch spiderwebs now.

lau1247 wrote: »

I don't just mean in the house, sheds, stables, barns, etc they're great for fly control. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I once spent a night on my friends couch because there was a massive spider the bedroom and she couldn't find it. God I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Living in Oz so I just .......Run......Run quite fast !

Advertisement