Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems displaying daft.ie?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems with daft.ie? Recently (within the last few weeks) when using the search mechanism, much of the time the images aren't displayed (even after waiting for a few minutes) but always get the text.

It also happens when looking at a particular property - text OK but no images.

It doesn't seem to be the same problem with Myhomes _ I get images and text no problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

I'v noticed that myself, text is fine but images fail to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

odds_on wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with daft.ie? Recently (within the last few weeks) when using the search mechanism, much of the time the images aren't displayed (even after waiting for a few minutes) but always get the text.

It also happens when looking at a particular property - text OK but no images.

It doesn't seem to be the same problem with Myhomes _ I get images and text no problem
    dunner515 wrote: »
    I'v noticed that myself, text is fine but images fail to appear

Do you guys use IE? I notice that yesterday at a friend of mine showing a property but it works fine on Firefox or Safari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

elmolesto wrote: »
    Do you guys use IE? I notice that yesterday at a friend of mine showing a property but it works fine on Firefox or Safari.
    I use firefox as my main internet tool. However, I tried MS IE and still had problems - it must be a daft.ie problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

There probably using some cloud hosting solution to save a few quid on serving images. Try refreshing the page, if that doesnt work your probably out of luck and you just got to wait till they fix it or it fixes itself.
    working fine for me at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j3r0me

Having major problems with daft and I think the connection to their Advertisers sites is failing and as a result blocking the display of property information including pictures. It shows adserver......and then stops so basically daft is useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

j3r0me wrote: »
    Having major problems with daft and I think the connection to their Advertisers sites is failing and as a result blocking the display of property information including pictures. It shows adserver......and then stops so basically daft is useless!

Have you got in touch with their support? Looks fine to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seriously guys- instead of bitching about it here- please report it to their support team, they may or may not be aware of the issue, but its certainly not going to get resources assigned to it, unless they realise that its impacting on customers. Its the same as going into the consumer forum, picking any company at random and bitching about them, without ever giving them the opportunity to try to rectify whatever the issue is that you're unhappy about.

Advertisement