Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Joey Barton verdict

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Murder? FFS :eek:

I don't know, but maybe there is some weird streak in that family? :confused:

Hopped some black kid in a park and killed him with a hatchet wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The unfortunate thing about Joey is that his prosperity for letting the team down and generating bad publicity via twitter inanity is not outweighed by his talent, no matter what he thinks.

So while you accept the requisite disciplinary toll for a player like, say, Roy Keane because the long term dividend makes sense, the huge expense to usefulness ratio of players like Barton frankly doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Helix wrote: »
    Hopped some black kid in a park and killed him with a hatchet wasn't it?

Yeah, stuck the hatchet in the poor lads head if I remember correctly:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

12 games seems about right to me.

Those of you saying there are similar incidents going unpunished or less harshly, I dont really think you can compare them tbh. An elbow to the face, a knee in the back of another player AFTER being sent off, then an attempted headbutt. THEN the nerve to admit publicly you were trying to get someone in the other team sent off - isn't that bringing the game into disrepute? And Rooneys kick against macedonia is as bad as all that?

Joey Barton is an absolute joke of a professional, complete thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I just keep thinking of Balotelli's awful, potentially career-ending challenge on Song that earned not a single punishment. Put in that context Barton's 12 match ban is completely over the top. The FA seriously needs to put its house in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Doocey wrote: »
    And his nick on Aguero put the Argentinian's footballing career in the balance did it? :rolleyes:

Shouldn't really matter that no one was injured, you can't attack or try to attack other people. The guy acted like a thug and has done in the past. I don't know why QPR have this guy as captain. You can tell from his many twitter posts he is twat.
    I'm glad he got a 12 match ban, in fact I would be happy if we naver see him in the premier league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

rarnes1 wrote: »
    His brother is in jail for his part in a racially motivated murder afaik

Just to note that it's his half-brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Disgrace of a player who got what he deserved, in my opinion. I would be very surprised, and disappointed, if QPR kept him on. Not due to the actual events surrounding the red card etc, but his reaction on Twitter saying that other players encouraged him to 'take one with him'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

stovelid wrote: »
    The unfortunate thing about Joey is that his prosperity for letting the team down and generating bad publicity via twitter inanity is not outweighed by his talent, no matter what he thinks.

He thinks he's the modern day Roy Keane when he's probably operating more on the level of Carlton Palmer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement