Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to School Clothing Allowance Question

• 23-05-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

This is the first year that we will be claiming this as my OH was made redundant a few months ago.
    I have a child doing the leaving cert this year and hopefully going to college in sept/oct.I also have a child going into 3rd year in sept.
    What I would like to know is,when filling out the form do I request for the child hopefully going to college as well as the younger one or will I have to wait till he gets his results and offered a place?This will obviously be August.
    I'm not sure if I can claim for both at the same time from when the scheme opens on the 1st June:confused:

Any help welcome!

SM

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Apply now the dept will request any missing info,but at least you will be in the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Definately apply now , last year they were still processing them in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

mp22 and GoodisonPark thanks for the prompt response!
    I will take your advice and apply for both at the same time.He is hoping to go to DCU depending on fees/grant approval which is the next step.
    I will put that down as "hopefully" where he is going.

Thanks again

SM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

is there a link to the application form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    is there a link to the application form?

Doesn't seem to be up on the welfare website yet.Probably appear on the 1st June

SM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I would think that this scheme will be administered the same as last year. Those who received this payment last year will receive and application form automatically and will be processed first and those new on the system will have to apply when forms become available probably mid-june. AFAIK extra staff are being deployed to this area this year in order to avoid the backlog that occurred last year.

Advertisement