Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia travel buddy

Options
  • 23-05-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all :)

Just a little intro . I am a 24 year old Galway girl . I am a childcare worker/Montessori Teacher . I am a laid back happy person and im not very tall .

I want to leave lovely Ireland for the sunshine of Australia . I was thinking Brisbane but honestly i dont mind .

Only thing is my friends are not in a position to travel ( all loved up ) ......i want to leave after Christmas ..and i really dont want to go alone .

I am just a week back home from travelling and living and working in Europe for 6 months . I went there alone and it was nice but my mum and friends came out to visit so i always had that to keep me going .

I would just love a travel buddy . I know im posting early but if you are interested at all or in a similar situation then let me know and maybe we could arrange something .:)

Thanks for reading .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LolaC

I meant to add ( and thank the people who sent PM'S .

I intend to find work as soon as i can when i arrive in Oz ....i do want to travel in Oz but most likely at weekends and breaks .....i also hope to stay on in Oz for 2 years if i can get sponsored or i will do the three month farmwork .

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gizzy01

Hi LolaC

I too am in the same position. I am a 27 year old Louth lass, extremely laid back and easy going.

I was thinking of leaving Eire for Oz after Christmas too, likewise i have no travel buddy as none of my mates are in a position to go.

I work in the food industry and want to start working over there asap when i arrive. Im not fussy or lazy, i will work at whatever until what i want comes along. :)

Can you PM me if you are interested?

TATA

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Hi Lola I am a 22 year old female from Galway too ! :) I work as a receptionist for a well know company in Galway! I feel I am stuck in a rut! I don't have a degree but have papers in beauty therapy. While my job is ok I just hate the 9-5 routine and then home to do nothing ! In a sense I feel I am working for nothing as I don't do anything at weekends as most my friends are at work or are with their other halfs etc! Was plannin on goin away for a year to aus too but would have to do it alone which is pretty daunting ! Pm me if you want to talk more or if anyone else is in a similar situation and wants to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karen90

i'm karen and i'm travelling alone 2 oz in sept i fly out the the 11th 2 brisbane :)don't really have a plan but travel and work and have fun but am very nervous about flying alone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Hiya! I'm a 22 year old female and looking to travel in January. However I would be going to Newcastle (about 2.5 hours from Sydney), and I already have family over there, but if anyone is looking for company travelling, let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jojo077

Hey everyone..I am a 23 year old female. Its so great to hear everyone is in the same position as me :) I got my visa and am just deciding whether to go in November or after Christmas. I just graduated from a travel and tourism degree so would like find work in hospitality or something like that but i also would love to do lots of travelling! :) I will be landing in Sydney first and would love to make some new friends as I am also going on my own. I love meeting new people so please pm me if your in the same situation as me and is heading down under :)

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dais33

Hey, I'm a 21 year old female! i'm travelling to oz for a year by myself on a working visa, and i'm a bit nervous of going alone! i'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for friend making there, but it would be great to have some travel company, and get a head start with meeting people :) pm me if you are interested or in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Hey guys, im David from Limerick, 24 years old. Same position as ye too, I have a degree in Construction Management so looking for work in oz. I am thinking of heading away in january on a holiday visa with the intention of getting sponsored! If anyone is looking to head to perth around the same time pm me cos i'll be going alone too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChunkyDunk

I'm planning on heading to Oz (all on my lonesome) in feb 2013 flying into Sydney but want to head up the east coast and maybe settle in Brisbane after a bit of travelling. I work in childcare too, most of my experience is with babies and toddlers but I have worked with all age groups upto 12.

I asked my job for 1 year unpaid leave in the event I want to come back after my whv is over but if I like it I will hand in my resignation and hopefully stay in Australia.

:) nervous but excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 canonh21

Hi guys, I'm Johnny, 25 years young from Clare!! Said I'd post on this thread as I've decided I want to do the whole Australia work/travel holiday. Only problem like the rest of ye is that I will have to travel alone as it stands and that makes me rather nervous. I've heard all the pro's of travelling alone but would rather travel with other Irish people so I wont get homesick in the early days haha :) I'm pretty flexible when to travel so I'd be happy to go either before or after Christmas and I'm also undecided where to go to but the east cost sounds the most tempting! I have a degree in Sustainable Energy Management but would work at anything over there as I would like to do a nice bit of travelling. Also I'd be interested in a short stopover somewhere in Asia but I'm easy on that one!!

I'm easy to get along with and would like to meet people in similar circumstances so pm me if your thinking along the same lines :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jp okeeffe

want to head to oz, perth or queensland for my line of work health and safety either December r early january on a whv. wudnt mind a stop over in asia. would prefer to be travelling with a few than going on my own ave nothing booked so time and dates are very flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Im 22 year old female, dont have a degree. Have beauty therapy qualification and fetac course in business and loads on admin office experience. I am hoping to go in January but Im worried about finding work since I dont have a degree and making friends :/ anyone else in the same boat>?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laura_24

Hey guys, I'm Laura 24 years old.. going to Sydney in November and have just been let down by my travel buddy who can't go anymore..So I'm taking the big step and going it alone.. Kinda nervous about this though and would love if I had a few people to travel with and get used to Sydney with:) any one else in the same boat??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sonee

looks like everyone is in the same boat,just at different times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shaner016

Hi all im a 20 year old male, sick of ****ty ireland and and heading to oz 25th march on my own, looking for a buddy to travel with r met up? gimme a shout, cheers! Roll on March :)

Well I'm heading end of march fingers crossed from co Meath I'm 20 , heading on my own also

Well I'm heading to Sydney end of march next year in 20 doing it on my own, gimme a shout if anyone interested on tagging alone, no major plans yet

Hi headin to Sydney 25th march on my own , hopping to get work straight away I'm 20, gimme a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joesoap1991

Going to Sydney on the 22nd, 2 weeks time anyone going then give us a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Hey guys, looking to head to oz around march, going alone, im 29 by the way, if anyone is interested send me a pm, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 jtmk3

Hi Guys, I travelling to Oz in March 2013, also going on my own, but I know a few out there. I have my WHV and am heading to Perth first, plan to work for a few months and then travel. Would be great to team up with some fellow travellers. Just PM me if anyone is interested.
    I'm leaving Ireland in Jan travelling through South East Asia first, so the time is getting short, all the planning, but it will be worth it in the end!.
    BTW, I'm a 24 year old male, easygoing and who doesn't take life all that seriously. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Annag15

hey lads,how are ye getting on ? I'm heading to Sydney on the 11th April, would love to know how ye found settling in ?

Advertisement