Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet in cow

• 23-05-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Howdi folks,
    We have a 9 year old cow here. she calved sunday. she was 2 weeks overdue, huge udder, anyway on monday she was unwell. the vet came and said she had milk fever. he gav her injections on monday.
    No improvement so gave more on yesterday and today.
    My dad reckons she might have a foreign body in her, so last night we put a magnet into her. My question is how long does it take to pass through her. It would be interesting to see if there is anything on the magnet.
    Oh and she started eating again about 4 o clock today and chewing the cud so we r delighted. She hasnt eaten since sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

magnet stays in the cow, till she visits mcd's.
    it holds the foreign object in place and stops it from moving around and causing damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

Henwin wrote: »
    My dad reckons she might have a foreign body in her, so last night we put a magnet into her.

So now she may have two 'foreign' bodies in her...perhaps she was just disoriented?:eek:

Advertisement