Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euros' Most Shocking Moments BBC3 10 pm.

• 23-05-2012 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea why I'm even posting this given its obviously bargain basement level.

Euros' Most Shocking Moments

Richard Bacon and David James count down the most inspirational, ridiculous and surprising incidents from the past 20-plus years of the European Football Championships. They include England's warm-up game against Aylesbury in 1988, Stuart Pearce scoring his penalty against Spain in the Euro 96 quarter-final, and the Germans later winning the trophy at Wembley. With contributions from Frankie Cocozza, Reverend and the Makers, Ricky Norwood, Jaap Stam, Peter Schmeichel, Uri Geller, Alan Smith and Stefan Kuntz (this is BBC3 so they thought they'd be funneeeeeeeeeee fnarr fnarr)

kwality then! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Made the mistake of watching 15mins of the World Cup Most Shocking Moments when they did one before the last World Cup.

These are absolutely dire. They are based almost exclusively around the England teams and feature the opinions of absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel comedians, their jokes are so cringey that it actually becomes a pain to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

It'll probably be shíte but I'll watch it anyways thanks OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will stick with green is the colour on RTE at 10:25

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watching it,forgot about Boli headbutting Stuart Pearce in Euro 92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I wonder if they show Andreas Moeller copying off Wayne Rooney after he scored the deciding penalty in the Euro 96 semi final against England.

It was class, even if I don't like Moeller, but the way he copied Rooney's celebration was...class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭recyclops

Uri geller moved the ball :0

recyclops wrote: »
    Uri geller moved the ball :0

Pity Uri wasnt around for last years All Ireland football final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

A fart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had to switch off after an hour, I could feel the life blood draining away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Didn't Beckham hoof the ball over the bar from a peno against Portugal in the euros? Thought that'd be high up but Wasent even in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Will stick with green is the colour on RTE at 10:25

Really enjoyed it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I wonder if they show Andreas Moeller copying off Wayne Rooney after he scored the deciding penalty in the Euro 96 semi final against England.

It was class, even if I don't like Moeller, but the way he copied Rooney's celebration was...class :D

Probably won't show it as Rooney was 10 at the time. ;)

Might show Moeller copying Gazza though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Green is the Colour has been excellent so far. Never knew we had chance to play in 1950 WC too.

Those disallowed goals in France and Bulgaria were disgrace too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mike65 wrote: »
    kwality then! :rolleyes:

What did you want - a debate about the impact of modern art on the European Championships with contributions from the last few Turner prize winners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Frankie Cocaine? What does he know football? He is old enough to have barely seen one tournament, in 2004 when he was about 10.

What was the worst?

Frankie Cocaine? What does he know football? He is old enough to have barely seen one tournament, in 2004 when he was about 10.

What was the worst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Glad to see England weren't shocked when Ireland beat them at Euro 88. :D

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Glad to see England weren't shocked when Ireland beat them at Euro 88. :D

Euro 88 only a small mention,the song they had for it and a friendly they played before the tournament against a non league team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS3FQnaMxI

They also conveniently forgot about the game vs Ireland 4 years prior to this.

Advertisement