Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead horse

Options
  • 23-05-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

just passed up by halting site by the killure roundabout and there was a horse and cart thingy that the travelers use in the middle of the road,,horse dead and a car close by,,dont know if car hit horse ..passed 5 mins later and car was gone and a fella was taking harness off the horse,,passed there last Sunday around 4pm and a horse was loose runnin down on the footpath and nearly ran over some poor ould lad.an unmarked police car and 2 cops having a laugh and joke up the road,,,it wont be a joke when some1 gets killed,,,
    there seriously needs to be something done about the horses down there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There seriously needs to be something done about all the animals down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not the 1st time its happened and wont be the last at this stage :(
    Its absolutely ridiculous theyre allowed have them at all!
    The Control of Horses act from 1996 (which is part of the City Councils Traveller Accomodation plan) gives Gardai more then enough power to take them all away and make plenty of arrests but for some reason they dont actually do anything about it. Theres not a hope in hell they match even half the acts requirements when it comes to ownership & care.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Chap I know was going along on his motorbike, must be about 9-10 years ago now and a horse ran out in front of him. The horse died and the fella busted himself up in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Probably a vid on youtube now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Probably a vid on youtube now:rolleyes:

Lads, dont ye know that the travellers arent subject to the law like the rest of us. They are like slightly less well off politicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

can the mods please moderate these racist comments. would ya be jumping allover it if the word travellers was omited and replaced with blacks/pakis/refugees ect? or are the mods racist themselves?

blankAs wrote: »
    can the mods please moderate these racist comments. would ya be jumping allover it if the word travellers was omited and replaced with blacks/pakis/refugees ect? or are the mods racist themselves?

Theyre not a race

a definition of race is : A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

think they might be. if you refuse to accept this then what if the word unemployed/ single mothers / civil servants was put in?

a definition of race is : A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

think they might be. if you refuse to accept this then what if the word unemployed/ single mothers / civil servants was put in?

Single mothers not caring for horses,causing accidents and creating a mess and not being punished.
    Civil Servants not caring for horses,causing accidents and creating a mess and not being punished.
    Unemployed not caring for horses,causing accidents and creating a mess and not being punished.

All valid statements if they were the case. Difference is the travellers actually are doing these things and not being punished even though its all in plain sight and the law is there to supposedly prevent it.

and you know they are not being punished because..........? and does this apply all travellers? simply your racist, whether it be towards one group or the other.

• Advertisement

and you know they are not being punished because..........? and does this apply all travellers? simply your racist, whether it be towards one group or the other.

Because they clearly still have the horses :confused:
    And it applies to all travellers who are doing these things. Show me some who keep their horses well fed , in proper accomodation, have all the proper licenses, and give them proper vetenary care and then I'll say they deserve to keep them. All this is stuff by law and if theyre not fulfilled gardai have the power to arrest and remove the horses from their ownership.

all travellers treat horses badly?? well you best get on to the gardai then, have ya got the number or will ya go down in person to report the whole travelling community of animal abuse? if you are so upset by the treatment of horses by these people do something about it. what bout the dogs that are locked up in peoples back yards and never get out? circus animals that are routinely beaten in order to be trained?

Wooo lets divert the subject and twist words!!!!
    By simple fact, traveller living conditions very very rarely fit legal requirements for adequate care. Tied at the side of the road or constantly in a field isnt suitable conditions. Constantly eating grass does more harm then good for them and quick looks can show theyre malnourished. Using them with sulkies on dual carraigeways and national roads is a hazard to the public. And it's been reported multiple times by me and I guarantee others here have too.
    But people like you seem to be blind to the fact and defend them without being able to show examples of where they are fulfilling their legal obligation. Instead you follow a standard of "Ah but not all of them....HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!SOMETHING ELSE!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

hope the popcorn is done before this gets locked

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

@BlankAs - You obviously feel strongly about this matter, but shouting Racist is not the way to debate an issue. It infact is the same mechansim as The Great Chinholio is using but under a different facade.

I would encourage you to use statements of fact and try to dispell what is clearly the manifestation of anger and aggrievement of the way that (either the few or the many) those in the travelling community have conducted themselves.

Therefore, use objective and eductaed reasoning..

@The Great ChinHolio - Tar an entire community is indeed racist, however I would encourage you to put forward your experiences as you have actually witness rather than speculation of hearsay - this is why second hand information is circumstancial.

Examples would be to find facts, such as the crime rate per head of populace is higher in the travelling community which is indicative of the in-ability to maintain other laws.

Two both of you, by blindly smearing the others argument in the excrement of internet trolls, does nothing for your point of view....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Can this not be settled at the band stand in the park after school?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

I don't actually agree with you that there have been any racist/offensive comments in this thread.

However, even if there was, I wouldn't waste my breath complaining if I was you. I reported an extremely offensive post on the same topic a week or so ago on this forum and didn't even get a reply.

Just don't read these topics is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Well, this thread went nowhere fast.

Just a note: If the moderators don't act on your reported posts in the 10 minutes you allow us, it's because, despite some users' beliefs, we do not in fact spend every minute of our lives on the internet. We have lives outside of boards.

Reporting the post repeatedly will not make us get to it any faster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement