Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Parklife, one of those things everyone should own, like kidneys and a copy of Man in the High Castle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Won Parodius for the Nes today, the plan for total Konami shmup domination continues!
    Now to find a 360 that'll play the Otomedius games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Two Snes boxed goodness from postman today.
    My first, and last, sealed Snes game and I can't wait to play it in its 60hz glory. Big blue well sound awesome!

The other is Rainbow Bell Adventures in all its 50hz glory. Not released in the Americas at all. It's one of the few games, bomberman 3 being another, that use Euro dopes got from Nintendo that the US didn't get.

All in all two great games, in great condition and for less than the cost of one loose Sunset Riders.

[IMG][/img]1D6BDDED-5215-40C8-9CFF-6F4D0E3AB8F0-7191-000007E16FF2977A.jpg

'Whack a bed guy...'

From the back blurb on Rainbow Bell. Not sure if its a misprint or their all bed guys.

Why do the bed guys always get the girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well after an extremly busy and tiring weekend I managed to get something new, not retro or game related but still awesome

550896_10151241147290349_2022302514_n.jpg

I won the gold medal at pretty much the all Ireland of BJJ competitions :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I won the gold medal at pretty much the all Ireland of BJ competitions :D

:eek:

I knew that one was coming :O

I knew that one was coming :O

Well, you would have a better view from where you'd be kneeling! ;)

Come on now, you had to know you were going to get abuse!

Wait until the photoshop fiends get done with that photo!
    You saw what happened to Retr0 and Atavan and their ill judged postings!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats Jack. Although I have no idea what BJJ stands for. Bleedin Jayzus Judo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You mean your not actually Jack Burton? Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

• Advertisement

Oh I know the photoshops are coming, I have braced myself.

Andrew, it stands for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The other is Rainbow Bell Adventures in all its 50hz glory. Not released in the Americas at all. It's one of the few games, bomberman 3 being another, that use Euro dopes got from Nintendo that the US didn't get.

Love that game, never realised it never got a US release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Managed to get a few bits from FrancoB before he took his break. Only posted last Friday and I used Parcel Motels NI address. Just picked up today.

Apologies for crap photo.

IMAG0328-1.jpg

IMAG0329-1-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bleedin Jayzus Judo?

You made me choke on my lunch. :pac:

Nice stuff Techno. The quality of FrancoB's work is top notch, only down downside is the long wait time with him being so busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice stuff Techno. The quality of FrancoB's work is top notch, only down downside is the long wait time with him being so busy.

Yeah. His work is excellent alright. High attention to detail. Luckily I had my order even before the cab arrived so the wait wasn't so bad. He also is taking a break until the new year at least. i was one of the last orders he completed.

Andrew, do you have a one player or 2 player panel in your cab?

Yeah. His work is excellent alright. High attention to detail. Luckily I had my order even before the cab arrived so the wait wasn't so bad. He also is taking a break until the new year at least. i was one of the last orders he completed.

Andrew, do you have a one player or 2 player panel in your cab?

Right now it's the original one player cp. Have a two player but took it out recently, only so I could sit centre screen.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Love that game, never realised it never got a US release.

Bomberman 3 is another one. Euro exclusivity over US, isn't a very long list. Few name changes as well contra being an obvious, a little less well know is Super Pang which became Super Buster Bros.
    And of course Zombies lost their appetite for your neighbours in Europe as well. I understand that when I see my neighbours.

Well if European exclusivity is a near guarantee of high prices it would suggest that the GAA games must really suck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I just bought this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/140883470348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm not really sure why. The PC version back in the day was pretty good if you're a Star Trek fan... wouldn't mind giving it another go on the PS2 just to see what it's like.

*notsoninjaedit*

Also that video now makes me want to kill people. Thanks for that... the guy's an idiot.

• Advertisement

Sorry but the PS2 version is supposed to be utter rot while the PC version is quite good.
    The sort of compromises they made with the character models make it look like you are being persued by Minecraft inspired Star Trek characters.
    Now that may be fitting for the one dimensional and wooden Harry Kim, but it's nowhere near enough polys in the curves on Seven of Nine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well MDK on the PS1 hasn't all that great to be honest, struggled with the controls. So picked up MDK & MDK2 on GOG for less than a fiver :)

Not sure how much longer that particular sale lasts though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master of the Universe

Oh you lucky man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

my xmas bronntanas, no more till next crimbo...

relentless bullet hell, I love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry but the PS2 version is supposed to be utter rot while the PC version is quite good.
    The sort of compromises they made with the character models make it look like you are being persued by Minecraft inspired Star Trek characters.
    Now that may be fitting for the one dimensional and wooden Harry Kim, but it's nowhere near enough polys in the curves on Seven of Nine!
    I figured as much. It was only £3 postage included so I'm not loosing out on much. I mist try and track down copies of both games for the PC.

I remember Elite Force II being quite good although bloody hard at the same time.

Very nice safetyboy! :cool:

Master of the Universe

Just bought Halo 4 in work. I'm really not a fan, but it was only €20!

How did you manage that?
    I'm hoping to pick up Doom 3, Lollipop Chainsaw and Ridge Racer Unbounded for 40, the seller is considering my offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up that broken US Saturn on adverts. Fuse blown, dropped in a PAL power supply and woohoo another working Saturn :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement