Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Some genuine Taito parts

IMAG0338.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

won't bother with a photo, but got myself an NTSC-J copy of Fighter's Megamix for the Saturn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great game, but I always wish they released a Racers Megamix as well.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Big Box Final Fantasy crystal chronicles for the Cube arrived :D woohoo. Delighted. I was needing a replacement GBA link cable but went for the Game+Box for completions sake. Very very close to finishing my Gamecube collection but I'm horribly broke.
    Four sword's adventures is the plan this weekend, been waiting a long time to get this played.

Not retro but Finally picked up my copy of Forza Horizon. Game is very very nice to look at I must say, its also strangely addictive for a Forza game, cant put it down. First Forza since 2 that I've actually really enjoyed online and stripped down to basics the game is far more balanced and fun. Gotta say the limited edition doesn't seem to be worth it. Forza 2/3 and 4 gave great physical extras but Horizon is pretty much metal box+VIP membership. I only bought it so it would look nice on the shelf beside 2/3/4 which are all Limited which made me feel like a sucker. Its actually the first time I've ever bought a LCE and not used the dlc codes so I can decide whether I will sell it on or not O_o. Pretty sure there is a chap selling Forza 4 LCE codes on ebay for a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm not normally a fan of racing games but I agree with you about forza horizon, it's fantastic. It feels like an old school racer that is accessible to all player types. I particularly love the open world aspect to it. The radio stations are great so it's fun to just aimlessly rip around the (massive) open world roads for nothing more than the fun of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Gotta agree, I actually find myself trying to take the longest route to the next race so i can hopefully find some discount signs and just "cruise to the sounds of Fenix Fox on Horizon rocks" :D

Going to flip a coin tomorrow to see if I'll use the VIP codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

GIve me a shout if you don't want the dlc codes :P

Almost finished the main "story" in horizon if you know what I mean. Fantastic game but would have liked a few more races. After I'm done with that going to hop into multiplayer some more and try out the free roam activities. Let me know if yous want to play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, having forgone the madness of buying unboxed PS3 games for more than preowned prices I spent the the money on Ntsc copies of Supers Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    I feel much better, cleaner in fact.
    Rejecting modern games for classic fare has been quite cathartic in fact!
    I have Super Star Wars all ready, a pal copy, but it works great and in full screen on the Ntsc Snes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, having forgone the madness of buying unboxed PS3 games for more than preowned prices I spent the the money on Ntsc copies of Supers Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    I feel much better, cleaner in fact.

Thats better, much better

EnterNow wrote: »

Yes, I lost my way for a little while but have returned to the one true path now...

So, Fifa13, worth getting or what? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So, Fifa13, worth getting or what? ;)

Best game evar!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

safetyboy wrote: »

Wow , Doj .
    Congrats mate :D

I myself got a Doj BL PGM conversion cart recently .

DSCF5644.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Rejecting modern games for classic fare has been quite cathartic in fact!

I thought he was at the gin bottle again with all his newfangled purchases:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Today I received an email from FrancoB telling ne that one of the looms he wired for my arcade cab was wired incorrectly. Have to return it for a replacement.

No biggie though as I hadn't gotten around to needing the loom yet.

Ah!
    Parodius is now residing in the local Parcelmotel, awaiting my pin!
    It is amazing what they were doing on the Nes/Famicom.
    Gradius II is really impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I did the unthinkable, I just knowngly bought a boot! :D

In my defense, it's a Punisher CPS1 boot. The real board has a double suicide battery (!), is crazy hard to come across in a working condition and sells for a fortune.

Really looking forward to getting this, it's probably my next favourite arcade beat em up to AVP.

punisherboot.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finally got these this morning, what is it with me ordering stuff from the US and these people moving causing weeks of delay. I got them in the end it's the main thing, DS2 is sealed as well.

DSC_1092.jpg

And Retr0 will only love you all the more with the sight of those new arrivals!

Caught a dose of Cidey Syndrome today {buying modern gen games}

Bioshock 1 - €10 in HMV
    Bioshock 2 - €5 in Smyths {both used}

2l8d7hs.jpg

Assassins Creed 1 - €5
    Brink - €5
    Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars - €0 {Xtra Vision 3 for 2 offer}

kesmrd.jpg

16a78es.jpg

Not a bad little bit o' games chasing plunder from retail shops

o1s1n wrote: »
    I did the unthinkable, I just knowngly bought a boot! :D

In my defense, it's a Punisher CPS1 boot. The real board has a double suicide battery (!), is crazy hard to come across in a working condition and sells for a fortune.

Great game !

How is the sound ?
    I heard you usually experience just some of the original music in an endless loop on most Q-sound boots .

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I did read that somewhere that the sound just loops on these Punisher boot boards alright. I haven't tested it out yet, but will let you know when I do.

Regarding the sound, the seller did say it was 'a little muffled'. It was only £35 though, so I can live with that. Usually play most of my games with the sound down quite low anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars - €0 {Xtra Vision 3 for 2 offer}

16a78es.jpg

They saw you coming :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I did read that somewhere that the sound just loops on these Punisher boot boards alright. I haven't tested it out yet, but will let you know when I do.

Regarding the sound, the seller did say it was 'a little muffled'. It was only £35 though, so I can live with that. Usually play most of my games with the sound down quite low anyway :)

Why is that?

Master of the Universe

Why does the sound loop or why do I play games with the sound down?

Sound loops probably because the original board had fancy Capcom Q sound - so the boot isn't really up to the standard to produce that for whatever reason.

Sound down low because my cab is in the main sitting room. So when I'm playing it, the missus tends to be sitting on the couch. There are only so many Metal Slug death screams someone can take before they snap :D

They saw you coming :p

Well I had to find a game to take for free & thats all I could see amongst the heap...cost me zero euros so I couldn't really care less what its like :)

There are only so many Metal Slug death screams someone can take before they snap :D

You should run Dinorex on the cab one night, put the volume up somewhat & pretend your really into it & enjoying them game. Set a timer from when you start playing & time how long it takes her to crack :D

Nice one .
    I had to google Dinorex and found a Youtube vid, just playing that vid already provoked comments in the living room here :D

Casey120 wrote: »
    Nice one .
    I had to google Dinorex and found a Youtube vid, just playing that vid already provoked comments in the living room here :D

I remember hearing it at a beers night, I was idly chatting away to someone & after a few mins the left side of my face start twitching. I knew something was drastically wrong, couldn't put my finger on it for a min or two then I realised..."wtf is that screeching sound!!!" :D

Other things I got recently :
    Coin mechs from YHJ , Y100 a piece so I felt like spending and got 3 :pac:

DSCF5658.jpg

Got me another PGM cart ,
    Demon Front, a bit (lot) like the Metal Slugs but with a totally different setting and really awesome .

DSCF5635.jpg

And finally nailed a Astro City , sort of :P

DSCF5622.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I remember hearing it at a beers night, I was idly chatting away to someone & after a few mins the left side of my face start twitching. I knew something was drastically wrong, couldn't put my finger on it for a min or two then I realised..."wtf is that screeching sound!!!" :D

That reminds me, have to make a ten hour version of the Dinorex screech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement