Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That reminds me, have to make a ten hour version of the Dinorex screech.

You should, & link it to a custom web page thats scripted not to be allowed to close or something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you ever had any issues with your PGM Mobo/carts?

I only have Demon Front and Knights of Valour. KOV works fine, but Demon Front gives me some glitchy sprites. Not game breaking, but they're really annoying.

Could never figure out if it was the mobo or the game itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I had with Demon Front , didn't work at all when I fired it up the first time :eek: :mad:

Cleaned the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and it worked perfectly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Game not working, should I blow into it?

cotton+swab.png

Stop! I got this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OwaynOTT wrote: »

cotton+swab.png

Stop! I got this.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    I had with Demon Front , didn't work at all when I fired it up the first time :eek: :mad:

Cleaned the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and it worked perfectly .

Lucky you! I cleaned mine with everything known to man and it still doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure I also opened the cart up and reseated all the socketed chips but still no joy.

It might be the mobo though, as some of the edge connector is quite worn. Actually it could be an idea to put a bit of solder on the bad edge connections - I saw someone do that recently on a Garegga PCB over on AO.

Just got pipped to the post on a boxed Chrono Trigger by a bleedin' euro! Went for €111.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just got pipped to the post on a boxed Chrono Trigger by a bleedin' euro! Went for €111.

Link? I'm curious about the condition and contents, did it have both maps? Did that include postage? I'll be selling mine but will be looking for more than that.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Link? I'm curious about the condition and contents, did it have both maps? Did that include postage? I'll be selling mine but will be looking for more than that.

Sorry it €112.50

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160917825166?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649#ht_918wt_1139

Box was slightly flawed and poster had thumb-tack mark but for the price I thought it was a steal. Pity I lost!
    Having a real ****ty bidding day, forgot to bid this morning on Kirby Boxed on N64 and it went for €25!

cotton+swab.png

Stop! I got this.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Lucky you! I cleaned mine with everything known to man and it still doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure I also opened the cart up and reseated all the socketed chips but still no joy.

It might be the mobo though, as some of the edge connector is quite worn. Actually it could be an idea to put a bit of solder on the bad edge connections - I saw someone do that recently on a Garegga PCB over on AO.

Did you try that charismatic devil?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sorry it €112.50

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160917825166?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649#ht_918wt_1139

Box was slightly flawed and poster had thumb-tack mark but for the price I thought it was a steal. Pity I lost!
    Having a real ****ty bidding day, forgot to bid this morning on Kirby Boxed on N64 and it went for €25!

Cheers. Yeah even with the poster marks still a very good price as you say. Seller has to be an F1 fan with a username like that. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers. Yeah even with the poster marks still a very good price as you say. Seller has to be an F1 fan with a username like that. :)

When you selling yours?

Master of the Universe

Just bought a CGA to VGA scaler from arcade forge along with the JAMMA adapter!

One step closer to being able to play that Raiden 2 board...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I did a terrible thing...
    A foolish thing...
    I bought a PS3 Move pack from a guy on Adverts. :(
    30 quid

And then I compounded the sin by buying Time Crisis 4 for another 20...

I could have had Under Defeat HD for less :(

Still, imagine all the fun I'll have playing Move games.... Bugger!
    Only other Move title I want is House of the Dead.
    Everything else would appear to suck donkey balls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Everything else would appear to suck donkey balls :(

Nope.... think bigger..... think elephant..... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ianobeano wrote: »

Nope.... think bigger..... think elephant..... :)

Yes, yes you're right...
    Feck!
    Perhaps Elephant balls don't cut it, is the Move compatible catalogue akin to Blue Whale gonads perhaps?

Yes, yes you're right...
    Feck!
    Perhaps Elephant balls don't cut it, is the Move compatible catalogue akin to Blue Whale gonads perhaps?

Think god-like.... no, sorry, too big..... maybe titan size ? :D

That's Jack Burton size right there... Or so the graffiti in the mens toilets in Busarus say...

But I am a terrible man for pointless peripherals, that golf thingy with the wrist cables, the Kinect, the Sixaxis...

It must stop here!

On the bright side Time Crisis is fun, not the 50 euro price to play fun but fun. And there's three games in there as well.

On the bright side Time Crisis is fun, not the 50 euro price to play fun but fun. And there's three games in there as well.

Ah justification of the purchase, let's see how quickly you get bored of Time Crisis shall we ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If it's any consolation, I've been tempted to invest in a Move for similar reasons:Time Crisis, HotD 4 and Overkill HD (Ok, the latter is stretching it, since I already own it on the Wii, and I dunno how a couple of new and extended levels go far in justifying the investment).

• Advertisement

Cidermans credentials are being eaten away by the day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cidermans credentials are being eaten away by the day....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtIUgrdWEEHnYFrpYWja2c3Gq_YRltJn_6AlgPBmJ64BOAm0djkg

It's all going to end in tears,:pac:

He has a terminal dose of Cidey Syndrome :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »
    He has a terminal dose of Cidey Syndrome :D

A typical scene from the Ciderman home (actually amazed this image originated anywhere outside these forums :pac:):

2483600520_63547f0ac2.jpg

I sad now :(

I'm getting bored of Time Crisis just thinking about it... That's not good
    HOTD Overkill is pretty good.
    Are the rest of the series available on the PS3?
    Pity there isn't a sneaky patch so I could play my PS lightgun titles, even the Namco ones.

Still, I may be about to redeem myself, plus Super Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are known the way... and they're Ntsc as well!
    Maybe there's a way to recover from cidey syndrome.
    It's the other symptoms of it that really get in the way, the rampant sexual effect on the opposite sex for example...

Sadly only on non humans of the opposite sex, so walking around outside can get awkward... Damn horny wildlife!

Master of the Universe

I'd murder for a Time Crisis dedicated cabinet. One of these days I will have one. I will!!!!

So, impulse buy time on ebay...
    And possible redemption for my PS Move misstep.
    Bought Dark Souls Limited Edition and Demons Souls Limited Edition, both for the PS3 and all for €28 :)
    Can I still play here?
    Have I pulled this reputation plane out of its downward spiral?
    Have I shrugged off the cidey syndrome?
    Will it be safe to go outside once again?

Master of the Universe

You will only redeem yourself when you report back after having beat both games ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd murder for a Time Crisis dedicated cabinet. One of these days I will have one. I will!!!!

Would love one of these myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Had the top score on single player Time Crisis 2 in Quikeys for a time.

Loved that game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement