Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, impulse buy time on ebay...
    And possible redemption for my PS Move misstep.
    Bought Dark Souls Limited Edition and Demons Souls Limited Edition, both for the PS3 and all for €28 :)
    Can I still play here?
    Have I pulled this reputation plane out of its downward spiral?
    Have I shrugged off the cidey syndrome?
    Will it be safe to go outside once again?

Bargains.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was an Irish seller as well, so I'm hoping to have it on my work desk on Wednesday morning!
    Fingers crossed.
    I'll sell on the PS3 Dark Souls to offset the initial cost, as I already have it on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,168 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally got my mitts on a Mega CD 1!

He only seems to think postage to Ireland for that lot is ten pounds. Let see if he honours it :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321026788698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Tenner sounds just about possible. I had a Raiden PCB shipped for 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally got my mitts on a Mega CD 1!

He only seems to think postage to Ireland for that lot is ten pounds. Let see if he honours it :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321026788698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Wow, impressive price for it! And coupled with your modded MD1, modded 32X & Everdrive...you now have a totally region free setup...sweet!

• Advertisement

This thing arrived through the door there, I wonder what the hell it is??

a2rcyv.jpg

2s6udqf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Your first rom hack I would presume :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    This thing arrived through the door there, I wonder what the hell it is??

a2rcyv.jpg

2s6udqf.jpg

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Your first rom hack I would presume :)

Indeed, its the Earthbound rom ready to be swapped into the Mother 2 cart,
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Good luck with it :)

Cheers man, hopefully if all goes to plan I might play the game over the xmas

Almost, have to paint the sitting room first :o

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wow, impressive price for it! And coupled with your modded MD1, modded 32X & Everdrive...you now have a totally region free setup...sweet!

It's a great price alright. Came out of me just doing a bit of window shopping on ebay and seeing a price I couldn't pass up.

Will be selling on theMegadrive 1 that comes with it. I also have a spare Megadrive 2 knocking about the house, so will combine it with my Mega CD 2 and sell it on adverts I think.

Good luck with the rom hack, that'll be a really interesting one if it works. I'd be up for one too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not the most exciting purchase ever, but been on my "must-buy" list for quite a while, and is still sealed.

001-13.jpg?t=1353344183

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got a sealed Bomberman for the Saturn this morning. That two sealed games inside a week starting to become an issue.
    in my defence I wasn't aware Bomberman was actually sealed until I received it today. I also thought I all ready owned it but it turned out it was Bomberman Fight.

Just completed my purchase of Chrono Trigger fully boxed for SNES there now as well. Missed out on a very good copy for €112.50 recently so I panicked bought this one.
    Very unusual photography on the eBay ad. Heres hoping its not in bits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..was at a local sale of work yesterday , was feckin mental , grannies pushing and shoving and mammies pretty much grabbing stuff outta your hands
    anyway , nabbed some PS1/xbox disney shovelware for my daughter , the usual collection of PS1 controllers (usual madness , stall I bought from mainly, controller was 20c , stall further along hall , me :"how much for this" (points to tangle of buzz controllers and a ps2 one)..." a fiver")nabbed a copy if thief 1 on pc, GTA III on xbox, Civ 2 on PS1 and a weird ps2 stand with four controller ports built in).
    Glad it wasnt today mind you as I'm cripplied with some sort of stomach bug/plauge virus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sure why not

IMAG0348.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahh, saw a copy of Ibara for the PS2 for 70 euro... But I must resist!
    If only I didn't buy the PS3 Move and Time Crisis!

Master of the Universe

Ahh, saw a copy of Ibara for the PS2 for 70 euro... But I must resist!
    If only I didn't buy the PS3 Move and Time Crisis!

Feckin amazing game that. I still rather Battle Garegga though!

Feckin amazing game that. I still rather Battle Garegga though!

Tis a bit crappy on the ps2 though, no?

Master of the Universe

Ibara? I've never played the PS2 version!

Ibara? I've never played the PS2 version!

Yeah, it's not so great on the ps2 from what people have said but I've only got the pcb and not the ps2 version so can't really say from personal experience.

That guy pingpong or whatever he was called that used to post here many moons ago had both I think and really didn't like the ps2 ver :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You have an Ibara PCB? Lucky man!

I do remember playing the PCB in Andrew76's place, but I think Ondafly owned it?

I never could get over how small those Cave PCBs are.

Well that is 70 saved then.... Hooray for me!
    Back to Time Crisis! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think we need to start a "what was I thinking" purchases thread for you Cidey :D

A thread entitled "So, What was it almost?"
    And then I can fup off to Jamma+!

And then I can fup off to Jamma+!

After buying a Move kit, I doubt even they would welcome you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You have an Ibara PCB? Lucky man!

I do remember playing the PCB in Andrew76's place, but I think Ondafly owned it?

I never could get over how small those Cave PCBs are.

Yep that was ondafly's board. I think the main gripe with the PS2 version is the fact it has loading times - not that they are bad just that the PCB doesn't have any (of course). I'd don't have much experience with the PCB but the PS2 port is pretty good imo.

After buying the Move I should probably just resign from A&R and look for something more casual and vacuous, like the mod of the Playstation forum!
    Oh, I have a weakness for useless peripherals, which is why I own a Negcon, Jogcon, Guncon, DC Keyboard, DC Mouse, DC Fishing rod, and so on and so on...
    The Kinect was probably the worst one though, not just because of it's status as a glorified dust magnet or it's expense but because it promised so much and has, so far, delivered bugger all.
    Ibara is just.... I don't know, against my better sense to buy... But I want it never the less...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm with you there I bought a Kinect for the very same reason.. I haven't used it for much more than feeling like I'm in Star Trek when I tell Netflix which movie to play WITH THE POWER OF MINE OWN VOICE!

The DC Keyboard was pretty handy back in the day for browsing the web though or chatting to people on Chu Chu Rocket.

Ahh... thems were the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohhh also the DC Keyboard is great fun if you manage to get your hands on a copy of The Typing of the Dead.

• Advertisement

So....
    Just bought Ibara....
    It was from a dealer on Amazon.co.uk of all places.
    And it worked out at €68, which is pretty good.
    I offset the cost, and the associated guilt, buy saving some money on my sons Santa gifts, so there we go.
    Well, I had to put credit into the local Parcel Motel so it isn't all great, but I'm sure I'll find a use for that at another time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement