Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, happy to pick up my Allstars+World cart, despite having both as stand alone carts as well.
    It's simply the best value cart on the Snes.
    Oh, I know some (read Retr0) takes issue with some of the Nes conversions but it is a lovely cart.

It's not bad, just the physics seem a bit wonky and I enjoy Mario 2 on the NES more for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario 2 and physics, not two words often used next to each other without the word "Bizarre" fixed be-twixt them!

Oh, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi arrived yesterday, SESB needed a lot of cleaning before it was servicable, those contacts looked like it was immersed in the u-bend of a mens urinal for some time before it arrived in Ireland, needed a lot of cleaning before I knew it worked...

Many alcohol swabs died to bring is this information.....

But, bugger me, those games are hard, and with some of the most pointless levels ever, Outside The Sandcrawler anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

'Outside the sandcrawler' is an annoying one alright, but it doesn't get any easier on the inside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And this misery continues for the sequels too, but it is still so compelling! Going to pick up it's cousin Indiana Jones, which has the best use of Mode 7 on record, the lifeboat racing down the mountain side!

Oh, and my copy of Mother 2 is currently winging it's way across the skies.
    I'm sure there'll be some report in Famitsu about the annual single game migration to Ireland from Japan.... this year it's Mother 2's turn!
    Now to get the chips and tings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Same here! Just got notification that it's on the way.

Enternow will be able to retire on this project :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh, and my copy of Mother 2 is currently winging it's way across the skies.
    I'm sure there'll be some report in Famitsu about the annual single game migration to Ireland from Japan.... this year it's Mother 2's turn!
    Now to get the chips and tings...
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Same here! Just got notification that it's on the way.

Enternow will be able to retire on this project :D

Yee lads will be waiting a while for those adapters, bout a month or so I'd say...but with Xmas post an all, could be next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yee lads will be waiting a while for those adapters, bout a month or so I'd say...but with Xmas post an all, could be next year!

Why did you have to go and rain on their parade? You better tell me what I will need for clock tower and I will order the two lots together. I have my eye on a copy of mother at the moment.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Why did you have to go and rain on their parade? You better tell me what I will need for clock tower and I will order the two lots together. I have my eye on a copy of mother at the moment.

Mother 2 Cart
    Tsop adapter & chip as linked to in the thread I made
    Cleaned up version of the Earthbound Rom

Clock Tower Cart
    Tsop adapter & chip as linked to in the thread i made
    English patched & cleaned up version of the Clock Tower rom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

• Dreamcast keyboard (UK layout with numpad). Keyboards in nice condition, the box has seen better days though. International shipping from the UK for it was €21.75 for a €3.72 keyboard. :confused: Parcel motel was used instead, needless to say...
    • Dreamcast VGA box, with 3.5mm stereo sound out.
    • Science Gallery's GAME exhibition book.
    Anyone who hasn't gone to see GAME in the Science Gallery in Dublin is doing themselves a disservice. In a time when 3D is getting dusted off and passed off as a the greatest thing since chest high walls' introduction to first person shooters it felt fantastic to see what genuine innovations and experimentation is happening.

• Advertisement

a5y wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't gone to see GAME in the Science Gallery in Dublin is doing themselves a disservice. In a time when 3D is getting dusted off and passed off as a the greatest thing since chest high walls' introduction to first person shooters it felt fantastic to see what genuine innovations and experimentation is happening.

And bit like the Game On exhibition I'm not sure I want to go to a gaming event where I own most of the exhibits already!
    Also, about the need to see what real gaming looks like, I can kinda do that at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

And bit like the Game On exhibition I'm not sure I want to go to a gaming event where I own most of the exhibits already!
    Also, about the need to see what real gaming looks like, I can kinda do that at home!

From what I've read the main exhibits aren't the kind of things you'd have at home.

http://sciencegallery.com/game/exhibits

...bugger me, those games are hard, and with some of the most pointless levels ever, Outside The Sandcrawler anyone?

I remember that as being particularly annoying. The mode 7 speeder level in empire strikes back did my head in too. Spending ages zooming around a fake 3D desert looking for stuff and getting lost because the graphics weren't good enough to distinguish one bit of brown sandy coloured desert from another. Ugh.

The debug menu cheat was good though. There were all sorts of options in it. One of the better cheat modes on the snes.

And now I own a perfect copy of the Ibara, that cost me less than €70, thank you very much....

Buying a great Shmup isn't the same without *his* approval...
    Can't someone reach out?
    Let him know it's all his fault that I'm spending money on so many awesome shooters!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Buying a great Shmup isn't the same without *his* approval...
    Can't someone reach out?
    Let him know it's all his fault that I'm spending money on so many awesome shooters!

Could probably ask retr0 to try and reach around? :p

Late night drive up to Parcel Motel to pick up this chap - Magic Sword by Capcom. Fun hack n slash and my first venture into CPS1. Love the look of the game too. :cool:

LcN9X.jpg

yRi8s.jpg

k2yjN.jpg

OnvPs.jpg

moqw6.jpg

Kinda reminiscent of Black Tiger, are they related?
    Pardon my ignorance and I'll accept all palm slaps to forehead...

Kinda reminiscent of Black Tiger, are they related?
    Pardon my ignorance and I'll accept all palm slaps to forehead...

Aye kind of similar. Black Tiger was out first but made by the same folks. 50 floors or so in Magic Sword so should keep me busy for a while. :)

Looking at those boards its a wonder Capcom never made a consolized CPS system, as in the AES, could've been cool.

• Advertisement

I was on Parcel Motel myself in the last hour, collecting my son's Christmas present, Ravensburgers Labyrinth, the tin boxed anniversary set. Dragon Quest IX arrived this morning too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looking at those boards its a wonder Capcom never made a consolized CPS system, as in the AES, could've been cool.

They did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System#Capcom_Power_System_Changer

cps1.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Late night drive up to Parcel Motel to pick up this chap - Magic Sword by Capcom. Fun hack n slash and my first venture into CPS1. Love the look of the game too. :cool:

CPS1 was brilliant. Ghouls and ghosts, strider, Mercs, UN squadron, final fight, and the first 3 street fighter 2 games all came out on it. If I had any space to collect system boards/cabs, CPS1 would be where I'd start.

Whats the story if something goes missing during Parcel Motel postal transit? Do they compensate you or anything? I stopped short of ordering one or two things a while ago wondering what happens if they're lost in transit...

CPS1 was brilliant. Ghouls and ghosts, strider, Mercs, UN squadron, final fight, and the first 3 street fighter 2 games all came out on it. If I had any space to collect system boards/cabs, CPS1 would be where I'd start.

Ah yeah well aware of the games for it. Would prefer Varth over all of the above though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I just couldn't resist it.
    Purchased and on the way :)

ebc2_serenity_desk_model.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ah f....n awesome !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely looking board Andrew76! Gotta love CPS1 boards - the quality of games on that system is amazing.

Picked up Pop n'Twinbee and Wetrix today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just couldn't resist it.
    Purchased and on the way :)

ebc2_serenity_desk_model.jpg

Where and how much. Want! Thats just pure amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement