Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got these two on the right today, one working one not, looks like the lopt is gone in one, so should be able to get it going at some stage. Need a good bit of work on the outside, spraying, new artwork, but i dont mind doing that! No golden axe unfortunately, the one pcb with the two is called "bomb kick"

IMG_3569.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I can imagine the Golden Axe one having been in Dawson's in Bray back in the day.

I can imagine the Golden Axe one having been in Dawson's in Bray back in the day.

Would have loved it if the game was still in it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just couldn't resist it.
    Purchased and on the way :)

ebc2_serenity_desk_model.jpg

Gotta pop on a Browncoat and play with the ship every now and then!
    Is there a realistic smell of cattle dung coming from the main cargo doors?
    Perhaps a view of Wash's dinosaur toys through the cockpit window?
    Smell of s.e.x. from the shuttle? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    Where and how much. Want! Thats just pure amazing.

Thinkgeek, $100 plus shipping.
    It's 8 inches long, uh arrr :)

Edit:
    Better idea of the scale in this pic.
    eb82_serenity_desk_model_ondesk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

IMG_3569.jpg

Electrocoins! Where'd you get them??

adverts, yeh two electrocoin xenons, got a good deal on them two. they need a good bit of work, but the price was worth it.

I was cleaning those two, hoovering out etc, getting rid of the woodlice, apart from a big black spider i found this, check out the address, i live in athy. what are the odds!

IMG_3570.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice to know the history of where they came from :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Got ahold of a nice 486.... Well no Cyrix 486 clone clocked at a blistering 100Mhz, with 15360K RAM (plus 640k) making a whopping 16MB. Havn't powered it up yet but I am guessing the hard disk is no more than 120MB.. And yes, the mouse is serial. This is the perfect Command & Conquer, Syndicate, Silent Thunder, (Wolf3d?), Duke Nukem, Doom etc machine! (and whatever else I have at home)
    Complete with a "turbo" button - although it tends to give the opposite of the expect effect >_>
    T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hmkqBQMBDkTVm60_58.jpg

I also have a Cyrix Pentium clone on the way for another Boardsie who's on the lookout for one! (you know who you are!):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked this up from KeithGeo

29o1fd3.jpg

2nofvo.jpg

Really have a softspot for this game, used to rent it back yonder. Must pick up the sequels!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a great game and as usual for capcom it's bastard hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a great game and as usual for capcom it's bastard hard.

Hmm, I don't remember it being bastard hard...but then, maybe I used to play on easy :o It is a highly polished, if a little slow paced, platformer that has a nice little character to it.

Master of the Universe

I've never heard of that one. Sure were a lot of good Disney games back then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can remember playing it, as rental, back in the day.
    I used to rent Snes games from a little video shop near the train station in Sligo and play them when on nights, as a trainee nurse, good times.... and no one died whilst I was gaming so.... WIN!

I don't remember it being that hard though, although I certainly didn't finish it.

EnterNow wrote: »
    ...It is a highly polished, if a little slow paced, platformer that has a nice little character to it...

A lot of the disney games i remember were like that. Animaniacs, taz, anything with mickey mouse, etc. They were very polished and pretty and cartoony looking (as you'd expect) but usually had just average or samey gameplay. The SNES was no stranger to cash-in shovelware back in the day, and Disney seemed to target itself squarely at the "clueless parents" category of shopper who already trusted the brand. Typically cynical marketing from them, in fairness...

"Little johnny said he wants that mortal kombat game i read about in the paper. It looks awfully violent. This one has bugs bunny in it. That's nice. Maybe he'd like that instead"
    Got these two on the right today....

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I'm mad jealous of your cab collection, but seriously well done on putting it together. I'd love to have that kind of space for a few cabs. I'd give my right nut for that street fighter....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They were very polished and pretty and cartoony looking (as you'd expect) but usually had just average or samey gameplay. The SNES was no stranger to cash-in shovelware back in the day, and Disney seemed to target itself squarely at the "clueless parents" category of shopper who already trusted the brand. Typically cynical marketing from them, in fairness...

To be fair, the Capcom Disney games were always the exceptions to the rule. They were usually some of the best platform games ever made and their three mickey mouse games on the SNES would be included in that. Once other companies took over disney games from Capcom and Sega the quality went down.
    A lot of the disney games i remember were like that. Animaniacs,

Disney? Animaniacs on the Megadrive and SNES was pretty good I thought. Konami were pretty good back then.

Big thank you to RNB for this one since he tracked the game down for me.

It's not retro but I had an awful time finding this game. Finally got my hands on Theresia for the DS in brand new condition. One step closer to my perfect DS collection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Konami were pretty good back then.

Konami and Capcom helped to make Nintendo what it is today. Just think no Contra or Castlevania, Nes or Snes. The difficulty level on games back then was unforgiving, you died and you started the level again. Plenty of other games by both had so much polish back then, I felt a lot of this was lost on the N64 platform.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Big thank you to RNB. Finally got my hands on Theresia
    since I'm so good at Panel de Pon, that's my prize right? when you getting your own copy?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq5pnowUA_ca1NccJblN_B0zvjytgUydJePEg2HDqtYYSKYVzJ0Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Couple of bits arrived today, qwertee tshirt and the reason I bought a vita

I got that TShirt myself, been waiting for that one to come up for a while.

Sera wrote: »
    since I'm so good at Panel de Pon, that's my prize right? when you getting your own copy?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq5pnowUA_ca1NccJblN_B0zvjytgUydJePEg2HDqtYYSKYVzJ0Q

Andrew is sending over an unboxed copy, you can have that :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Andrew is sending over an unboxed copy, you can have that :P

I'm doing what now? :confused::D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm doing what now? :confused::D

Unless you are an italian american from new jersey who writes for HG101 you're not the andrew I'm talking about :P

There's more?
    Andrew75?
    Andrew77?
    Are these denizens of alternate universes?
    One's where Sony built the goddamn cd addon for the Snes and we were spared the hell of the CDi?
    A universe where someone released a decent Superman game on, well any format?

Disney? Animaniacs on the Megadrive and SNES was pretty good I thought. Konami were pretty good back then.

Yes, you're right of course, my bad. I'm mixing up the licensed Warner Bros Konami stuff with Disney's titles, my bad. The grey matter is starting to fail these days.:(

Konami were mostly great back in the SNES days. They did a lot of good licensed games, and the odd classic like contra, castlevania, cybernator, or one of my faves, zombies ate my neighbors (brilliant, funny arcade zombie b-movie survival horror game for anyone who hasn't played it). I just didn't like their warner brothers cartoony stuff, animaniacs, buster bunny, etc. It all felt very "by the numbers".

Here's a list of their titles for SNES. Lots of good ones in here:
    http://snesguide.com/publishers/konami/

By the way, i still don't like Disney, whether their games were any good or not. I watch mickey mouse clubhouse on a constant loop from 6:30 am every morning, I must've paid for dozens of expensive minnie mouse kid's toys by now, and all of them broke after 3 days, and I'm currently planning for a trip to Disneyland in California when our little tot is old enough that's gonna cost me a fecking packet.

...and then there's the whole "star wars" thing....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

38CC6D83-F6B8-4DE5-8157-2F9D3DA53392-5995-0000072AF44FCEE9.jpg

[IMG][/img]EF1F2B41-BF8B-4825-8094-7229C2544CC7-5995-0000072B048B6EDF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There it is in all its Snes gloriousnessness.

Was a bit worried about the condition of the box due to the obscure and obtuse manner of the pictures displayed on the listing. Thankfully my fears were not realised but rather I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the stuff. Posters look like they were never even unfolded, manual looks unread and we even have the cart cover.
    Does the battery work though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice dude, congrats. Although what I want to know is - are they Christmas slippers you're wearing? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement