Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On the plus side, you now have that 'AHHH I CANT WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!!' feeling which usually only a child 10 and under will get :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Easy, just swap gifts! Santy brings EnterNow a WiiU and EnterNow Jr gets a new soldering station!
    EnterNow gets to sample asymmetric gaming bliss and his son gets to see what 3rd degree burns are like, win/win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I did wonder who was going to buy one, from our merry little band.

Also, wouldn't you be doing him a favour opening it, saving him the wait on the big morning, waiting for the giant update to finish downloading?
    It's your duty as a great dad to average him from that misery, and what if you wait and let him update it on Christmas morning? What if Nintys servers are overloaded due to many bad fathers waiting, why that would be dreadful! No update! No gaming! Tears, Sadness, Parents arguing, Divorce...
    Dear god man! Open it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Being Enternow jr. I'd assume he already has several soldering irons :P

Could always just say Santa came early this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

EnterNow wrote: »
    A sneek preview at a certain 10 year olds Judas day present. Another launch console sucker here, but at 10 years old, I'd say this will be Santas swan song so may as well let him go out on a high!

5btzjd.jpg

... I'm sorry but wouldn't that make it an Easter present?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

... I'm sorry but wouldn't that make it an Easter present?

Pfft...the Bible :rolleyes::D

Everyone knows Jesus asked Judas to swap places with him, to make the ultimate sacrifice for his prophet. It was Juads on that cross, not Jesus. It explains how he 'rose from the dead' then, while he poor friend Judas was wishing there was some biblical version of hammerite or no more nails out as the time. Everyone knows this right? Right?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Pfft...the Bible :rolleyes::D

Everyone knows Jesus asked Judas to swap places with him, to make the ultimate sacrifice for his prophet. It was Juads on that cross, not Jesus. It explains how he 'rose from the dead' then, while he poor friend Judas was wishing there was some biblical version of hammerite or no more nails out as the time. Everyone knows this right? Right?? :D

I'll have to look into that, leave it with me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

'Picked up' Painkiller and Gothic 3 from GOG for a few quid. Damn they make it too easy to buy stuff :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to start a kickstarter. The buy retr0gamer a PS Vita and WiiU for christmas charity. Anyone want to contribute?

In a word... No.

But good luck with your new enterprise and let us know how you get on...

But, sure you haven't room for the Vita, never mind the WiiU!
    What's the deal? Does Sauron take December off?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Sauron is the problem. I was asked what I would like for xmas and said a WiiU or Vita and was told to go **** myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hahaha she didn't use those exact words surely? She sounds badass man, like Dr Bob only in drag.

She actually did use those words. Sauron really hates videogames.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    She actually did use those words. Sauron really hates videogames.

Lol you sure it's videogames and not you? :p

Ah hopefully someday you'll have your own place that you can fill up with CDi's and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dynablaster for gameboy in all its bombastic brilliance. I really hope it's the game I think it is.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Dynablaster for gameboy in all its bombastic brilliance. I really hope it's the game I think it is.

Played the crap out of it back in the day. Loved it.

Well Sauron is the problem. I was asked what I would like for xmas and said a WiiU or Vita and was told to go **** myself.

That's harsh, real harsh,
    Your Mam talking to you like that...
    I'd say call Childline!

Ask her if she'd rather you spend your money on heroin & bang it up your arm every Tuesday. Or spend it in some pub & fall home every Friday night. Or spend it on cigarettes so you can smoke your brains out. Should sort her out :)

Ask her if she'd rather you spend your money on heroin & bang it up your arm every Tuesday. Or spend it in some pub & fall home every Friday night. Or spend it on cigarettes so you can smoke your brains out. Should sort her out :)

But I spend my money on that anyway. :confused:

In fact my mother would probably rather I did spend money on games rather than booze and fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you ever combine the above with games? a few years ago I smoked one of those head shop funny cigs while playing a boss battle in FF XII. Scares the **** out of me!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you ever combine the above with games? a few years ago I smoked one of those head shop funny cigs while playing a boss battle in FF XII. Scares the **** out of me!

Hang on, there's a woman on line 2 from Clontarf who has a son that done the same thing. God thats awful Joe!

Perhaps we should try a playthrough of Psychonauts while on psychoactives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Perhaps we should try a playthrough of Psychonauts while on psychoactives!

F-zero on the cube..... not saying I have ever had the pleasure of trying such a thing but... F-zero on the cube.

Or play LSD while on LSD.

And yes I have :P if I'm playing anything while drunk I just tend to get angry because I die all the time and rage quit. If playing while on "fine smokables" I tend to put on something relaxing like test drive unlimited and drive around endlessly while listening to the bgm.

I have Baby Universe, that's pretty much like taking psychotropics but with the advantage of not trying to eat off your own face during the trip....

exploding_head_.jpg

Ah, that bit in Scanners....
    Freaked me out as a child watching it, still freaks me out to such an extent that if I watch it I have to fast forward past it.
    Good movie though!

edit: Actually, I never saw it as a child, it was the trailer alone that frakked up my childhood!

Just ordered a secret Santa pressie for my son, he asked for two things and this is his "surprise" gift, the Adventure Time game for the DS, assuming it gets here from the US in time, the last two bunch of stuff I ordered in arrived within a week or two, so fingers crossed! Delivery time is reckoned to between the 17th of this month to the 4th of Jan!

• Advertisement

Picked up one of these today:

Nice little thing but unfortunately only 3 games available for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement