Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

that silent hill box took a serious crushing. You almost have to flatten a PS2 case to do that to it. Unless it got run over by the post van it was sent like that O_o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A few cab related bits arrived today. Decided to change the cp layout again. Lost count how many iterations it's gone through now. :)

HCAhJ.jpg

Old:

FsP5R.jpg

New:

Khplm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    And cut the case with a scissors or something while opening it? Its possible I guess

Damaged the disc as well and maybe stood on the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve SI wrote: »
    That Serentity ship does look superb so you know its worth it :)
    On the postage thing, they now offer a discounted international postal option for the UK. So with a little Parcel Motel magic the shipping is a little cheaper.

I didnt even price shipping it to parcel motel as i didnt think it would make a difference. doh. They have a great set of dexter coasters on there, it was sold out but its basically the box he keeps the blood slides in and the slides are the coasters, brilliant idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    I didnt even price shipping it to parcel motel as i didnt think it would make a difference. doh. They have a great set of dexter coasters on there, it was sold out but its basically the box he keeps the blood slides in and the slides are the coasters, brilliant idea.

They've got some great stuff on Thinkgeek, some can be gotten closer to home but a lot of the really good stuff is only available from them.

I wonder how import duty works on parcel motel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure why I even bought it, as I don't have a multi-region ps1 (yet), but it was brand new sealed.

$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEY(5BQnprBgphQ~~60_12.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

FFVII International? Whats that dude?

I've never seen one before, no-one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've never seen one before, no-one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole

Ah come on, I never even said the magic words :D

Anyway, it's essentially the US version of the game, with English audio and Japanese subtitles, and a bonus disc with maps, character information, design sketches, and other trivia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A few cab related bits arrived today. Decided to change the cp layout again. Lost count how many iterations it's gone through now. :)

Wwhere you get the parts Andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely!!!

I remember when that international version came out - I hoped and hoped it would see a release over here. Of course it didn't though.

I'm pretty sure the bonus disc also has all the FMVs which you can watch back over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the international editions are usually just the Western releases of the games in japanese, with the exception being FFXII which was never released in the West and was apparently a massive improvement on the game. Wouldn't mind having a look a the bonus disc though which I'm sure makes the package worth it.

Wwhere you get the parts Andrew

This ebay seller: Arcade World UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

This ebay seller: Arcade World UK.

Cool. That's where I got my parts for my 2 player panel. Ordered direct from their site gremlinsolutions though.

Master of the Universe

Same lad I got those PCB feet from I think?

Just got Virtues Last Reward. You know a game is hard to find when there's even bugger all copies on ebay.

Also picked up a scart adapter for my new Commodore 1084s monitor. The RGB input is 6 din for some reason. Thankfully it's just a physical difference, an adapter can easily turn it into a standard scart socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Steve SI wrote: »
    I wonder how import duty works on parcel motel?

I think they flat out refuse anything with duty on it as they'e not willing to pay for something that may never be collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So... yeah I caved.

231514.png

Achilles wrote: »
    So... yeah I caved.

231514.png

I noticed Tescos are selling them too, 8GB and 32GB models. Didn't pay much attention to the prices but they were north of €300 anyway. Think it might have been around €370 for the 32GB one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

There were an initial run of tengen tetris carts (the rival to nintendo's version in the tetris rights lawsuit) made and shipped to stores before they lost the case. The shipment got recalled and warehoused/destroyed, but several thousand copies were sold before that happened. Now THAT would be a nice cart to have...

Best feckin version of Tetris ever , that , it turns up on XXX in 1 pirated Famicoms a lot , in fact the first time I saw it on one , alongside BPS's rubbish official one I assumed that teh BPS was some Hong kong prirated one , and the Tengen one was official
    Here's me blathering on about it , comparisons between the two start at 10:20

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just bought the boards.ie tshirt for the craic. It's all of the forums in the shape of the logo. I found Arcade and Retro in the eye on the left and was sold :D

http://www.qwertee.com/product/boards-ie-tee/

I noticed Tescos are selling them too, 8GB and 32GB models. Didn't pay much attention to the prices but they were north of €300 anyway. Think it might have been around €370 for the 32GB one.
    Zavvi are doing bundle deals. Basic pack plus a section of games for the price you see in my screenshot.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Best feckin version of Tetris ever , that , it turns up on XXX in 1 priated Famicoms a lot

Good video. That's some nice blathering! ;-)

It is a great version, way better than the official effort, especially for the 2 player mode. The gameboy one was the definitive version for a good while though, most people reckon in retrospect that it was better than both the NES ones. I still play the SNES one that came on an import cart with doctor mario an odd time.

I found that documentary all in one piece on YouTube. It was BBC not channel 4, same one you referenced in your vid. It's really worth a watch for anyone who doesn't know the story behind the game.

Here yiz go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just checked my parcel Motel balance and there's something on its way to me now. I'm so excited...I'll feel so cool getting something out of there!

My copy of Mother 2 arrived aswell....Kind of disappointed with the condition, its fairly good but in future im going to order my Japanese games from Japan, got this one from France, those chaps know how to keep a game mint!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just checked my parcel Motel balance and there's something on its way to me now. I'm so excited...I'll feel so cool getting something out of there!

So, What is it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

So, What is it?
    I've never seen one before, no one has but I'm guessing its a clichéd response to this question.

inb4 white hole

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How could something as beautiful and precious as a Red Dwarf line become a source of cynicism and sadness... I think I'm starting to shed a few tears for the loss it....
    Bugger this, I'm off to Jamma+, they can come to the Beers instead!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How could something as beautiful and precious as a Red Dwarf line become a source of cynicism and sadness... I think I'm starting to shed a few tears for the loss it....
    Bugger this, I'm off to Jamma+, they can come to the Beers instead!

42377.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I have about 5 things checking in there over the next few days so I have no idea....Have a feeling its a NTSC copy of SF 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mario Party 1,2 and 3 for the nintendo 64.
    Mario Golf and Kart as well.
    All boxed and nicely looked after except Mario Party 1, comes with only its manual.

Took nearly 17 days to get from Germany! Got Chrono Trigger and Bobmerman from US before them and those two were ordered after the German Mario Bunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement