Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What is with you guys getting new stuff this close to Judasday?
    I mean, Santy is coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I mean, Santy is coming!

Me see, me likey, me buy ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Me see, me likey, me buy ! :D

Yup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I mean, Santy is coming!

11th of November was when I actually won that auction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good old post office, items that arrive from Japan for €5 postage in 4 days, items that arrive from Thurles and take 4 weeks!
    To Arthur!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just got stung 88 euro on that stuff i bought from ThinkGeek by ups, Steve if you got that delivered to Parcel Motel you might want to make sure they will accept the delivery.

Good old post office, items that arrive from Japan for €5 postage in 4 days, items that arrive from Thurles and take 4 weeks!
    To Arthur!

To Martha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just nabbed myself a copy of Air Combat on PS1. It's platinum, but sure not to worry. The disc needed to be dusted off (it was kept seperate from the box), but it seems to be running grand. Still has that unique blend of great harmless craic, and boring as feck.

Love that game, DO NOT play it on normal, play it on whatever the frak the next difficulty level is, there is more to do and it's a better game.
    Got that tip back in the day from the magazine Maximum, may blessing be upon it, it did some awesome previews of the upcoming consoles, the Saturn and the PS, and in it's review/preview of Air Combat/Ace Combat it gave that tip, and immensely improved the game.

Yeah, I was wondering if upping the difficulty would spawn more enimies, or just make the same ones hit harder. I used to play the hell out of it back in the day though. From what I can remember I swapped Warhawk (in a funky cardboard case) for it at the time. Must try and get my hands on a copy of that one of these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Got a two player panel for my cab. Finally!

211e47212cf8e4922e75b6fc47d98684.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent stuff Techno, looks very nice!

deathrider wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering if upping the difficulty would spawn more enimies, or just make the same ones hit harder. I used to play the hell out of it back in the day though. From what I can remember I swapped Warhawk (in a funky cardboard case) for it at the time. Must try and get my hands on a copy of that one of these days.

Upping the difficulty seems to reinstate the gameplay missing in normal mode.
    Plays great, plenty of action and a blast. The visuals are basic, even by PS standards but, given the utilitarian graphics of most flight sims of the day, it looks just fine. Some might prefer it to the rather over ornate sequels, particularly the third one.

Warhawk was a grand game, interesting controls!
    I used to love those cardboard boxes, NBA 96, MK3 and Assault Rigs were all in such cases. Rentals also sometimes came in them, with a brief instruction outline, including controls, printed on the rear.

Speaking of classic PS titles, I must get Motorhead sometime, 60fps afaik, nice visuals too.
    How did anyone manage V-Rally though, car bounced about like it was running on helium filled tires!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found a seller who did nice combined shipping and couldn't help myself when I saw all the nice things he had. They arrived today.

On DS:

Boing! Docomodake DS
    Hero's Saga Laevatein Saga
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
    Game and Watch Collection
    The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (Finally!)

For GBA:

Kingdom Hearts Key Chain of Memory (utter **** but I have all the others :/)
    Super Robot Taisen 2

For Gameboy
    Final Fantasy Legend 2

Not bad for a little over 100 euros of my savings.

It must have been Saurons day off!

Upping the difficulty seems to reinstate the gameplay missing in normal mode.
    Plays great, plenty of action and a blast. The visuals are basic, even by PS standards but, given the utilitarian graphics of most flight sims of the day, it looks just fine. Some might prefer it to the rather over ornate sequels, particularly the third one.

Warhawk was a grand game, interesting controls!
    I used to love those cardboard boxes, NBA 96, MK3 and Assault Rigs were all in such cases. Rentals also sometimes came in them, with a brief instruction outline, including controls, printed on the rear.

Speaking of classic PS titles, I must get Motorhead sometime, 60fps afaik, nice visuals too.
    How did anyone manage V-Rally though, car bounced about like it was running on helium filled tires!

Likewise, I never got too into Air Combat's sequels. All the Ace Combat's looked great (I remember being blown away by the demo for Ace Combat 2), but I just never had as much fun with them as I did on the original.

I remember a small handful of them packing those boxes alright. I still see the MK3 one in Rage from time to time. Don't think I've every heard of a racer called Motorhead. I do, however, remember playing a game based around the heavy metal band Motorhead waaaaaaaay back when. It certainly wasn't on Playstation though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found a seller who did nice combined shipping and couldn't help myself when I saw all the nice things he had. They arrived today.

On DS:

Boing! Docomodake DS
    Hero's Saga Laevatein Saga
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
    Game and Watch Collection
    The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (Finally!)

For GBA:

Kingdom Hearts Key Chain of Memory (utter **** but I have all the others :/)
    Super Robot Taisen 2

For Gameboy
    Final Fantasy Legend 2

Not bad for a little over 100 euros of my savings.

Portrait of Ruin, nice. It's the only handheld Castlevania game I have, keep meaning to get more like Order of Eccelsia.
    Oh wait I have Circle of Moon as well!

What's the story with the castlevania coming for the 3ds? Shaping up to be good or rather meh?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Portrait of Ruin, nice. It's the only handheld Castlevania game I have, keep meaning to get more like Order of Eccelsia.

Just on the final stretch in Order Of Eccelsia myself. Great game. Also, Dawn Of Sorrow is fantastic stuff too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What's the story with the castlevania coming for the 3ds? Shaping up to be good or rather meh?

I thought I had it already but I actually only played it on a flash cart. I kind of wish I never got the thing because I almost missed buying so many games because of it but I'm making up for it now and it's great for fan translations.

In another note I'm closing in on 100 DS games in my collection :)

As for the 3DS game I'm hearing a lot of meh from people. The combat is kind of monotonous and you are closed in until you finish fights unlike the older Iga produced games. Jeremy Parish certainly isn't a fan.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I thought I had it already but I actually only played it on a flash cart. I kind of wish I never got the thing because I almost missed buying so many games because of it but I'm making up for it now and it's great for fan translations.

In another note I'm closing in on 100 DS games in my collection :)

As for the 3DS game I'm hearing a lot of meh from people. The combat is kind of monotonous and you are closed in until you finish fights unlike the older Iga produced games. Jeremy Parish certainly isn't a fan.

Unless it's get absolutely panned upon release it will be ,alone with Fire Emblem, my main 3DS gets in the spring.

That's an impressive 3DS haul, I've only about 20.

Unrelated note, but Where the Angels Fear to Tread from Seiken Densetsu 3 has to be one of the best pieces of gaming music.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Just on the final stretch in Order Of Eccelsia myself. Great game. Also, Dawn Of Sorrow is fantastic stuff too.

I'll add your positive review to the list if why I should get it. Only problem is I can't seem to get one for a decent price.

I'll add your positive review to the list if why I should get it. Only problem is I can't seem to get one for a decent price.

I have a hard enough time finding them fullstop! I had to borrow them to play through them. I've only ever spotted Order of Eccelsia on a shelf once, and I've never seen the others in the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Woohoo, 20,000 posts! :pac:

Thought I'd treat myself as I'm so bloody sick at the moment, picked up an unemulated Namco system 10 game called Gamshara. It's a Capcom/Mitchell release. Plays like an updated version of Cabal/Nam 1975.

There's something I really like about the look of those System 10 boards.

Gamshara.jpg

This was waiting in my Parcel Motel earlier.

6630_10200287726258598_1871142365_n.jpg

It only took two hours to do the update after multiple failures! Sheesh..

Also... it works flawlessly from the toilet. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Also got a little book case for my neo geo MVS carts. Those neo mini boxes look really snazzy lined up I think!

Must put in an order for the rest of my carts.

IMG_0404.jpg

It's a pity that an awful lot of the big sellers look absolutely dreadful now, thanks to the magic of polygon counts in the tens!
    That said, Wipeout 2097 and 3 S/E, Rollcage 2, F1 97, kinda seems that Psygnosis were to the PS1 what Konami were to the Snes.
    But, yeah, nice to have a good PS collection and they play well in original hardware, advantage of the PS3 as host to PS games is no need for memory cards, just virtual ones and you can transfer data from the PS3 to a proper mem card, with the right adapter (which I have!).
    PSones are attractive machines too, hard to chip though, great to pick up a screen, official one natch!

Just got Raiden Legacy for my Android phone.
    It's a compilation of 4 games, the Fighters series, Jet and the original.
    I haven't played much of it but seems interesting and was only a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got a great secret Santa present from chinholio! Thanks again dude! Pics to follow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Are the scores at the top of the screen cut off for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

How accurate and responsive are the touch screen controls ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement