Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How accurate and responsive are the touch screen controls ?

Perfect once you leave the "Fast Touch" option on. When I changed it to "Arcade Touch" it was a bit wonky. Playing it on the N7 if that makes any difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm finding the controls erratic and my stumpy old fingers obscure too much of the screen.
    Pity there is no bluetooth option so I could just use a Wiimote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm finding the controls erratic and my stumpy old fingers obscure too much of the screen.
    Pity there is no bluetooth option so I could just use a Wiimote.

Pity about the bluetooth, I've the same problem with fast paced games -can never seem to hit the right part of the screen accurately..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I'll buy the Ipad edition as well, it is compatible with the iCade so I'll have a Raiden Legacy Mini-cab!
    That's a mini-cab like this
    raiden-legacy-icade-video_1.jpg

not like this
    vasey_04_400x267.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just got one last game before the holidays for myself. Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure. Tara's version is supposedly the rarer one.

• Advertisement

Well, Well....
    Bought the IOS version of Raiden Legacy and, yes, it works just fine with the Icade!
    Some have noted that there appears to be some slight lag, but I think it has more to do with the heavy switches used in the Icade itself.
    But, never mind, I now have a little arcade cab of Raiden games, no Raiden II or DX sadly, but the rest are great.
    One other thing, the scaling to full screen is fine but there is no scanline filter, only a slight antialiasing one, perhaps in an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well, Well....
    Bought the IOS version of Raiden Legacy and, yes, it works just fine with the Icade!
    Some have noted that there appears to be some slight lag, but I think it has more to do with the heavy switches used in the Icade itself.
    But, never mind, I now have a little arcade cab of Raiden games, no Raiden II or DX sadly, but the rest are great.
    One other thing, the scaling to full screen is fine but there is no scanline filter, only a slight antialiasing one, perhaps in an update.

You can reproduce the scanline effect on the ipad with a fine tip permanent marker and a ruler. No need to thank me.

You can reproduce the scanline effect on the ipad with a fine tip permanent marker and a ruler. No need to thank me.

Ah, to hell with it, I hit that thank you button anyhow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mini versus maxi!

I was going to sit this at a desk, but kind of like it here as it means you can run two consoles at the same time.

IMG_0410.jpg

Something really annoying happened though. I got my 6 din to scart adapter today in the post. Finally! I can hook some stuff up to it.

Brought the monitor down, set it up - went to plug in the scart adapter - it's a bloody 6 din MINI cable and the monitor takes a standard one.

Argh!!!!!!

Master of the Universe

Semi result - my hatred of composite made me miss the composite ports on the back. Connected it up and it works! well, sort of. Sound out of the thing is amazing, picture is crystal clear too - but it's black and white :(

The only composite cables I still have left are for NTSC consoles. And of course they're outputting 60hz and the monitor only likes 50hz.

Looks like I'll have to try to find a mini din 6 to standard din 6 adapter before I can play things properly in colour over scart.

• Advertisement

Might I suggest flipping that monitor on it's side for mini tate mode happiness?

Master of the Universe

Oooh, didn't think of that! Sides are nice and flat so it would definitely be really easy to do. I've sorted out some new din 6 cables so will give it a whirl with Raiden DX once it arrives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Recent acquisitons!

813BC5C8-F2F2-4C35-8F01-761F0611C587-1980-000001CD9C18EB09.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My Secret Santa pressie in the middle :P
    got 2 trades at the last beers Resi 1, 2 and a PS2 controller (it's amazing to have a working right analog again), did another trade for Gregory Horror Show and Ape Escape - Gacha Mecha Stadium Saru Battle
    DSC_1246%20-%20Copy.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oooh, didn't think of that! Sides are nice and flat so it would definitely be really easy to do. I've sorted out some new din 6 cables so will give it a whirl with Raiden DX once it arrives :)

Also, go through your collection for all of the Shumps that support tate mode, it's great!
    Under Defeat, Ikaruga, Homura, Raiden, all as they should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Haven't bought anything for ages and have some small small amounts of money free so figured I'd get some Christmas treats!

Have Super Turrican 1 and love it, and I'm always trying to pickup the so called "rarer" games.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633643dba9a2a7133a5555153aeeb103d482.jpg

Have this in NTSC-J but anytime I play it with someone there put off cause they can't read the captions in game. The cart is so much sweeter too. A Real classic, way above its time, the big sprites, mostly bosses aren't normal for a snes game.
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263364bccaffa1dcfb2696e22354bdec83a7c.jpg

Classic game, plus I can use the snes mouse. Always wanted this one.

653445_33eddcc085076a93757606884271d734.jpg_srz_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

These aren't my pics, from the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Does Markos Magic Football predate or postdate Soccer Kid on the Amiga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Recent acquisitons!

Is that Too Human game not supposed to be outstandingly bad?

It's meant to suck donkey ass big time afaik... and when the hell are you ever going to play Tropico 3? Were you such a massive fan of Tropico's 1 and 2?

It's meant to suck donkey ass big time afaik... and when the hell are you ever going to play Tropico 3? Were you such a massive fan of Tropico's 1 and 2?

I liked tropico 4!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What the hell are the Tropico games about?

EnterNow wrote: »
    What the hell are the Tropico games about?

Sim city type of game. Fairly fun to play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tropico games are pretty good fun. It's theme park except you are an evil dictator.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steelbook version of Resident evil 4 and Mortal Kombat Deception , both for the PS2 from the nice charity shop nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Steelbook version of Resident evil 4 and Mortal Kombat Deception , both for the PS2 from the nice charity shop nearby.

That reminds me. I must keep an eye out for another copy of MK: Shoalin Monks. Absolutely loved that game, but gave a loan of it to a friend back in the day, and never saw it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Found Family Guy seasons 10 and 11 for a euro each the other evening.. that gave me a smile. Both like new too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Only thing I saw in charity shops here was Space Jam for PS1....I didnt get it

Well you see, the conceit is that the 'toon world exists in parallel to ours and when aliens steal basketball players skills to beat the 'toons they have to enlist Jordan to..... oh wait, not that kind of "I didn't get it".... sorry.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, it's no Shaq-Fu

• Advertisement

Shat Poo more like...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement