Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just won a NTSC SNES Star Wars 1 for 99p and shipping of £2.....Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up an excellent condition boxed Amiga 1200 from mondeo today and my manager brought me in some weird Tele Games console he got in 1978/79 but never used (it's still in its plastic wrap).

Pics later/tomorrow/weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭mondeo

Steve SI wrote: »
    Picked up an excellent condition boxed Amiga 1200 from mondeo today and my manager brought me in some weird Tele Games console he got in 1978/79 but never used (it's still in its plastic wrap).

Pics later/tomorrow/weekend.

I regret it already :D

I'll get me another one someday;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So yeah don't let curiosity get the better of you like I did.

Was it enough that I installed homebrew channel on the Wii Menu on the Wii U?

Nope... I had to try and restore the trucha bug then install cios 222 to try and enable USB support.

I now have a Wii U that crashes when loading the Wii Menu with no obvious way of reinstalling it. D'oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    I now have a Wii U that crashes when loading the Wii Menu with no obvious way of reinstalling it. D'oh.

Ouch! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ouch! :(

Yeah... I've already filled in the Nintendo repair thingy and will have a shipping label sent to me soon.

Going to play dumb and say that it just started doing that one day. To be honest I may wait until a system update is released to see if that fixes it.

I can live without Wii Mode considering that I have an original Wii anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah... I've already filled in the Nintendo repair thingy and will have a shipping label sent to me soon.

Going to play dumb and say that it just started doing that one day. To be honest I may wait until a system update is released to see if that fixes it.

I can live without Wii Mode considering that I have an original Wii anyway.

I'd say they'll repair it for you, just play dumb like you said. I'm not sure an update would fix it as the updates contrary to popular belief are not the full os etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting CPS-1/JAMMA board and a SF2:CE marquee.
    All need a little cleaning and TLC but it works!

Of course, the day I get it is the day I send my arcade monitors chassis off for repair. Fingers crossed i get it back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Nice haul kerb. What machine they going in?

It's hardly the Atomiswave that needs the chassis repaired already?

Nice haul kerb. What machine they going in?

It's hardly the Atomiswave that needs the chassis repaired already?

It should be going in the BAS arcade cab I picked up last week via boards/adverts. Old British made cab, some defunk'd company in London made them. The chassis of the screen needs some TLC so its gone off to Error24 CRT monitor repair to be overhauled. The screen is from 1991 and when I was taking it apart it had a repair sticker of 96 and from looking that repair was shockingly messy/bad. Hopefully he can clean it all up.
    On a side note, the marquee is too big for the cab :rolleyes: it would be bad if I cut it down a good bit right?

The Atomiswave is currently in work with no system in it, building a MAME PC for it but will need to install more buttons for the menus, coins etc. Then I'd need to set it up for auto shut off. A mini UPS maybe? A little over the top. Folks want to play the classis, the NeoGeo wasn't a winner. They want SF2, Pacman, Bubble Bobble. I haven't seen/found a good multi board to cover those yet :( Suggestions welcome!

Additional purchase today - a PCIe ArcadeVGA 3000. Hungover purchase which doesn't make sense as I have a VGA->CGA converter incoming also. Ah well, I will find a use for them or Ciderman might sneak a cab into his place to get a use out of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Those BAS cabs were all over Ireland in the good days.
    Have you considered a xxxx in 1 jamma board for it
    Many people abuse them for shoddy manafcturing but cps2 games,and most of the classics run flawlesly.
    I've had one for 3 years..no issues.replaced crappy ide hdd was all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit!
    Bought an AV cable to replace the unsatisfactory picture quality from my existing setup on the DC and the damn thing gives me nothing, no picture nor sound.
    Any ideas?
    Feck it anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit!
    Bought an AV cable to replace the unsatisfactory picture quality from my existing setup on the DC and the damn thing gives me nothing, no picture nor sound.
    Any ideas?
    Feck it anyway!

R
    G
    B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

R
    G
    B

Do, in spite of my attempt to buy a composite cable I wound up with an RGB one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do, in spite of my attempt to buy a composite cable I wound up with an RGB one?

/pedant note - RGB cables carry composite too :D

Did you get a RGB cable and it's not giving any picture? That's strange. Which telly? The Trinitron? It should auto detect on that, as long as you have it in the proper RGB socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Got this little haul over the weekend. Dino Crisis 2 has no slip in it, but whatcha gonna do? Also got NBA Live 96 on SNES for the craic.

deathrider wrote: »
    Got this little haul over the weekend. Dino Crisis 2 has no slip in it, but whatcha gonna do? Also got NBA Live 96 on SNES for the craic.

Exhumed! An unknown classic

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Exhumed! An unknown classic

Used to have it back in the day, but I was the only guy I knew who actually liked it. Don't know what happened to that old copy, but I stuck this new one in over the weekend, and it still plays great. I had a blast playing through it... until my PS1 memory card crapped out and deleted the feckin' file!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Exhumed is good fun, it's like a proto metroid prime. The saturn version is a lot better though. They upped the difficulty too much on the PS1 version.

Those BAS cabs were all over Ireland in the good days.
    Have you considered a xxxx in 1 jamma board for it
    Many people abuse them for shoddy manafcturing but cps2 games,and most of the classics run flawlesly.
    I've had one for 3 years..no issues.replaced crappy ide hdd was all.

A xxxx in 1, is there just one version of those with different sized HDDs or many different boards? They run Win2000 right? Any gurus on here? :)

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Exhumed is good fun, it's like a proto metroid prime. The saturn version is a lot better though. They upped the difficulty too much on the PS1 version.

Do you reckon? I found it quite handy. When the chicks with the cat heads get in close they'll tear your health-bar a new one, but they are handy enough to keep at bay, and they're probably the toughest enemies in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I love Exhumed , even played it as Powerslave on the PC , which was a sort of proto -BUILD game and different from the console versions.
    My PS1 copy was stolen years back (cd case with about 40 games went missing after a party :() must dig up a copy.
    Only downside to the game is waay too much jumping over lava later on.

Exhumed on the Saturn is essential, but, and let's be honest here, it's eclipsed by the power and glory of...

DEATH TANK!

I can't link to the video of the title tune here, someone else do it please!

Got it!

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I love Exhumed , even played it as Powerslave on the PC , which was a sort of proto -BUILD game and different from the console versions.
    My PS1 copy was stolen years back (cd case with about 40 games went missing after a party :() must dig up a copy.
    Only downside to the game is waay too much jumping over lava later on.

I didn't realise it ever ran under the name Powerslave. Makes sense though, as I did find myself humming this a hell of a lot while playing:

Also, you wind up getting the ability to walk on lava while taking minimal damage as one of the later artifacts.

Hooray!
    Our surprise pressie for my son arrived this morning, the Adventure Time game for the DS!
    I think he may well spontaneously combust with delight when he sees it, so I'll have an extinguisher at the ready, just in case!

First Judasday pressie received yesterday, my better half went against all her better judgement and got me the holiday issue of Retrogamer!
    Tis the first Judasday miracle!

One of my mates just gave me an old (not platinum) copy of Final Fantasy VIII for xmas. It's missing disc 2, but still happy days :D

Master of the Universe

Anyone see the new Takara Tomy line of Gashapon Metal Slug figures? They look brilliant! Odd mix too, you get Slug vehicles, chatacters and a mini AES console with carts. Couldn't resist, so I ordered a set.

Capture-16_zps453af598.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Takara Tomy line of Gashapon Metal Slug figures? They look brilliant! Odd mix too, you get Slug vehicles, chatacters and a mini AES console with carts. Couldn't resist, so I ordered a set.

Capture-16_zps453af598.jpg

Some pricey games there, must of set you back a bundle...oh wait is that a model?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If the AES isn't a model, then those other ones must be massive! :D

I think they're about an inch and a half big.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement