Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I got paid early today which may or may not have prompted a quick lunch time trip to Gamestop... and HMV (because Gamestop's price for Blops2 was stupid... €70 they can ask my arse).

182316_10200347380269911_843510016_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    If the AES isn't a model, then those other ones must be massive! :D

I think they're about an inch and a half big.

I've had trouble before deciphering between a model of a famicom and model famicom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Takara Tomy line of Gashapon Metal Slug figures? They look brilliant! Odd mix too, you get Slug vehicles, chatacters and a mini AES console with carts. Couldn't resist, so I ordered a set.

Capture-16_zps453af598.jpg

Do they need to be painted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I've been too busy to post here the last while. Work is just insane this week... But I did have time to get myself some Christmas treats. Who needs to pay bills or eat food...pfft

These SNES game were all pretty much ebay snipes, apart from Rival Turf and Final Fight...they were purchases from the RAGE on a trip to to dublin. I think I paid a total of £5 for the 3 other games, not including postage

DSCN2620_zps3aae904e.jpg

This next item I think entitles me to some kind of membership card? :D

Big thanks to Andrew76 for this and the MD games

DSCN2621_zpseddabd9a.jpg

These 3 games I've been after for a while, all complete :D

IMG_20121219_215407.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice haul, congrats!

• Advertisement

Square SNES goodness and also want the megadrive drive games! Nice lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So the vec-club has lost another member? Very nice stuff JB :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    So the vec-club has lost another member? Very nice stuff JB :cool:

Lost and gained at the same time. The delicate retro balance is maintained. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lost and gained at the same time. The delicate retro balance is maintained. :)

What made you sell in the end? Just lack of use?

Black Ops 2 works surprisingly well on the WiiU.

Had a mate over last night, he was playing on the gamepad's screen and I had the TV to myself with the Pro controller.

I'm a bit disappointed with the finish on the Pro controller as it's that piano black high gloss plastic so it looks gorgeous but is very prone to showing up general finger grubbiness.

New Super Mario Bros U seems like a port of a normal Wii game, even makes references to 1 and 2 menu buttons when the Wii U doesn't have those (unless you use an older WiiMote).

ZombieU is ****ING AMAZING! Very good use of the screen / gamepad combo. Very very impressed with the Wii U as a serious gaming system now, was a bit underwhelmed with it to be honest with you having only Tekken to play with recently.

In saying that though mushroom mode on Tekken is a great laugh.

• Advertisement

What made you sell in the end? Just lack of use?

Yeah pretty much. Pass the baton on to these young whipper-snappers that have the time to enjoy them. No sense having stuff that just sits unloved gathering dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No sense having stuff that just sits unloved gathering dust.

With that logic 70% of my stuff should be up for sale then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with that logic Steve would only have 1 copy of each game

Yeah pretty much. Pass the baton on to these young whipper-snappers that have the time to enjoy them. No sense having stuff that just sits unloved gathering dust.

Same here, but its not as if I ever even used it much in the first place either. I enjoyed having it, but apart from the odd blast on it I never really bothered much with it so it didn't make sense to keep it sitting there

With that logic 70% of my stuff should be up for sale then :D
    Same here, but its not as if I ever even used it much in the first place either. I enjoyed having it, but apart from the odd blast on it I never really bothered much with it so it didn't make sense to keep it sitting there

There was a time when I enjoyed owning something even if it wasn't being used. A "it's nice to have" or "I'll get round to playing it some day" feeling. Not any more though. The games room is like a museum of un-appreciated stuff just sitting there, may aswell make a few bob from them while they still work. :)

I've also re-kindled a love for watches again. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

There was a time when I enjoyed owning something even if it wasn't being used. A "it's nice to have" or "I'll get round to playing it some day" feeling. Not any more though. The games room is like a museum of un-appreciated stuff just sitting there, may aswell make a few bob from them while they still work. :)

I've also re-kindled a love for watches again. :rolleyes:
    Thats the reason I sold off some of my tabletops/Handhelds. Also money. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Got a ps2 network card yesterday ( cheers sera/rg ) . That , combined with a 160gb hdd, multitap stand, 4 memory cards ,4 controllers and rgb cable gives me ULTIMATE FORM PS2!
    Winhiip/ opl is handy for backing up my discs to the harddisk to save on scratches/Laser problems....

I know exactly what you mean, I done a cull of sorts myself there lately. All duplicate consoles etc were sold off, & got rid of the Vec, the modded PS3 & a few other bits. Twas fun seeing the cash rain in to be reinvested back into other game related stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

newpurchases_zps52af2c07.jpg

Two Rage purchases, I also bought a copy of GP1 for the SNES to play over Christmas with the brother (just like Christmas '94 ha ha) but forgot to picture it. It's also nowhere near as good as I remember. :D Surprised at Mario Baseball being only €20 :eek: bargain. Shop was really well stocked and friendly staff. Nice to be able to pick up and see the condition of games and not be ripped off. Gamecube collection nearing completion.

Danonino. wrote: »
    pics...

Two Rage purchases, I also bought a copy of GP1 for the SNES to play over Christmas with the brother (just like Christmas '94 ha ha) but forgot to picture it. It's also nowhere near as good as I remember. :D Surprised at Mario Baseball being only €20 :eek: bargain. Shop was really well stocked and friendly staff. Nice to be able to pick up and see the condition of games and not be ripped off. Gamecube collection nearing completion.

Nice to see some GC love. :cool:

I'm betting there's a few folk just itching to sarcastically comment on that. :D:p

• Advertisement

Price of Mario Baseball was a steal though! Reckon they just thought it was the same as other mario sport titles, as in not usually worth very much.

Baseball America pastime.
    Baseball Europe not so popular.
    Can go for €40-50. Of course it is getable for cheaper but it sells regularly for that price.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Baseball America pastime.
    Baseball Europe not so popular.
    Can go for €40-50. Of course it is getable for cheaper but it sells regularly for that price.

The beauty of a region free 'Cube so :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got the Wii U today in Harvey Normans for 360 for the premium pack, with Nintendoland.
    Interestingly also picked up a Wiimote with the motion plus built in for only a tenner in PC World/Currys next door, here in Airside Swords. The nunchuck is 22 be the already have that.
    Not bad.
    So, must pick up NSMB Wii U now.
    Best price?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Got the Wii U today in Harvey Normans for 360 for the premium pack, with Nintendoland.
    Interestingly also picked up a Wiimote with the motion plus built in for only a tenner in PC World/Currys next door, here in Airside Swords. The nunchuck is 22 be the already have that.
    Not bad.
    So, must pick up NSMB Wii U now.
    Best price?

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19646/New-Super-Mario-Bros-U-Nintendo-Wii-U

What's yer GamerTag? Or... whatever the feck Nintendo call them...

Honestly, you lot, I'm looking for bricks and mortar bargains here, none of this online nonsense!
    Nevermind, I'll pick it up elsewhere, might trade a few things in and get it in HMV or GS

Honestly, you lot, I'm looking for bricks and mortar bargains here, none of this online nonsense!
    Nevermind, I'll pick it up elsewhere, might trade a few things in and get it in HMV or GS

You didn't specify that... Smyths seem to be the cheapest I've found but not by much really, a fiver at most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'd be better off looking for hen's teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked these up in Dealz of all places. A very odd find indeed. And not very good ones at that. Still, can't go wrong for €1.49

A054CD7C-C03C-428C-944F-4060E16E1272-11720-00000BBD73FBD014.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement