Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Do you have a pair of 6 button pads for SF2?
    Nice Judas day gets though, me, I got Nintendoland, Top Gear from the Snes and another copy of Pop'n Twinbee also for the Snes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do you have a pair of 6 button pads for SF2?

Only have the one pad so far, but tis indeed a 6 button {it being a Duo-R}. Top Gear for the Snes is something I've been after for a while, funky soundtrack in it yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What's the story with 6 button PCE pads anyway? I've seen them but thought they were just turbo etc buttons? Can the PCE be truly 6 button? Or is it something you need one of the fancier later models for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    What's the story with 6 button PCE pads anyway? I've seen them but thought they were just turbo etc buttons? Can the PCE be truly 6 button? Or is it something you need one of the fancier later models for?

They're proper 6 button pads alright. Presume you need a multi-tap for 2 player SF fun since the console itself only has a single joystick port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

EnterNow wrote: »
    Where the hell are all the new GET!'s people?

yeah, weren't we supposed to be setting up some sort of social group? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yeah, weren't we supposed to be setting up some sort of social group? :rolleyes:

To be fair why hide it all away in a private group?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Top Gear, the soundtrack is indeed most funky, not a bad game either, and full screen on the ntsc Snes too, so good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Not really a new get but just brought my Sega Naomi New Net City/Universal Cab home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just got my hands in the Pikachu 3DS xl. It really is a lovely thing. Only complaint would be that the xl feels like it has a cheaper build quality compared to the regular 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nothing retro this Xmas, picked up Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13-2 cheapo in Gamestop - got Dead Space 2 throw in for free. Shame I was too scared to finish the first one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nothing really retro for me game wise this xmas. Got some nice nerd gifts from people though.

Doctor Who bin(which will not be used as a bin)

Limited edition Portal Gun.

One's own Portal Gun.... awesomely awesome.....

Pics:

B1DA28EA-3FAA-4F4E-A7F0-C2932B05A2E3-8088-000005A1E79BD119.jpg

10CFF51A-E267-472D-B74B-780B39D14A8B-8088-000005A1EFE2BDCB.jpg

257C6CD7-9B74-40D2-81B0-58CB626B648A-8088-000005A1F804B7DB.jpg

413E7D69-9EA2-4B99-8649-9CD39BFE9156-8088-000005A1FFA13482.jpg

Seriously cool is the 3DS XL. I'll have to pick one up at some stage!

Don't forget if you register one before the 13th you get a free game. I went for Professor layton as I've no interest in the others and I already have super mario 3d land.

Hmm, my birthdays on the 13th, I wonder if someone will buy me a 3DSXL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just got my hands in the Pikachu 3DS xl.
    I still think it looks like Pikachu's nipples, it cannot be unseen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, my birthdays on the 13th, I wonder if someone will buy me a 3DSXL?

Mine is the 16th but not expecting anything gaming related after the Xmas lot. I got a bottle of aftershave balm, not a gift box or anything just some Nivea I always use.

Serious lack if gets for me recently after my van polled debacle which was compounded by girlfriends car being vandalised outside college.

@Atavan-halen- where'd you get that? Really want one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

My little haul so far (went a little mad on ebay)

image2.jpg

My old xbox original was on life support and I decided to pick up a Crystal version. I am really glad I did as it is a much nicer looking console then the traditional black finish. (Still waiting on a bunch of original titles to arrive)

Picked up a few choice games to add to my gamecube collection and something I have wanted for the longest time a lovely wavebird. Picked it up from a french seller on ebay for 35 euro delivered which I was pretty happy with. He said it had some minor black marks on the back but the ebay picture looked pretty good. Really pleased that I took the plunge on this one as after a 10mins cleaning with an eraser all the scuff marks were gone and it looks brand new now.

I finally decided to test the lot, testing the xbox went great, so great infact that there was another nice surprise. As I hit the eject button I found that there was a copy of nfs 2 left in the xbox. Not typically my kind of game still a nice thing to find. It was at this point that the pessimist in me thought this was going far too well and i'm not this lucky.

So then I sat down to test out F-Zero on my Wii with my new wavebird. Had been looking forward to this for ages. *cues dramatic music* What do I find? Just that my Wii has decided that its not going to load any more discs for me, simply ejects every disc put into it now. :(

So looks like the only way I will be playing this is to shell out for a new(backwards compatible) Wii. Just can't bring myself to use those horrible composite cables with my Gamecube, after playing with the Wii's component cables for so long.

Morale of the story, I'm just not that lucky :(

Must say little bit gutted by the demise of my Wii, its the first time I have ever had any issue with a nintendo console. Guess they really don't make them like they used to.

The Wii's fragile nature is one of the most under reported, not as bad as the sh1te original 360 or the spontaneously combusting interior of the ps3 but definitely the Wii is joy as robust as a typical Ninty console.
    I lost my launch machine last year and it's pre owned replacement is making similar screen tearing problems as it's gpu self destructs.
    At least my Wii U is bound to be of a solid and reliable construction, given it's a launch v1 machine....
    Who am I kidding, it'll be lucky to make it to the end of 2013!

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

@Atavan-halen- where'd you get that? Really want one!

Amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Amazon!

!

Please people, let's work together and cease this limited edition buying madness!!
    You poor souls haven't a ha'penny between you and Atavan is tempting you with images of and links to yellow delights from the Orient!
    I've heard of chasing the dragon, but draw the line at chasing the pikachu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Went back to the place I scored Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha, and they just happened to have these Street Fighting gems this time. Also I scored Hurling because... Eh... Just because! Lol.

Picked up a Soul Edge jamma board this morning as part-ex for my bartop cabinet. Hope this jamma board collecting doesn't become a habit !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a small bundle of joy today. Inside was Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4. Now to try and find a reasonable copy of Phantasy Star 1 and to kick myself for not picking up the one for $15 from Lukie Games.

Also a massive box arrived today, thankfully only my dad was home. I would have been thrown out if Sauron arrived. 90% of the box was packaging material and 10% was taken up by a PS Vita and Gravity Rush.

Two things I already don't like about the Vita:

1. It doesn't come with a protective cover. The PSP came with a lovely protective cover that was very much needed. My Vita is in serious danger of scrathed screen.

2. The packaged game NFS Most Wanted is just a download code. Kind of annoying because I wanted to use my US account to play my PSP games. Oh well I'll be on the look out for another memory card then. I hope San Disk can churn them out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Picked up a Soul Edge jamma board this morning as part-ex for my bartop cabinet. Hope this jamma board collecting doesn't become a habit !!

Soul edge? Savage. Is it the B version?

This boards are easy to pick up and cheap. I've been resisting one myself for ages now.

Don't know how much longer I can hold out.
    Same goes for tekken 2.

Soul edge? Savage. Is it the B version?

This boards are easy to pick up and cheap. I've been resisting one myself for ages now.

Don't know how much longer I can hold out.
    Same goes for tekken 2.

Its version 2 board, to be honest I only wanted a Jamma board to test a supergun I'm working on so wasn't too fussy but its actually decent enough in the limited testing I've done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got a small bundle of joy today. Inside was Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4. Now to try and find a reasonable copy of Phantasy Star 1 and to kick myself for not picking up the one for $15 from Lukie Games.

Also a massive box arrived today, thankfully only my dad was home. I would have been thrown out if Sauron arrived. 90% of the box was packaging material and 10% was taken up by a PS Vita and Gravity Rush.

Two things I already don't like about the Vita:

1. It doesn't come with a protective cover. The PSP came with a lovely protective cover that was very much needed. My Vita is in serious danger of scrathed screen.

2. The packaged game NFS Most Wanted is just a download code. Kind of annoying because I wanted to use my US account to play my PSP games. Oh well I'll be on the look out for another memory card then. I hope San Disk can churn them out soon.

good man, add me if you want. pdbhp as usual.
    download Frobisher says it's a funny little collection of mini games. think warioware meets simonsays but for free.

there are many design issues with the vita but that aside it really is an amazing little console.

gravity rush is pretty cool alright gonna give it the attention it deserves tonight cos i've been playing need for speed constantly. it really is that good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement