Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up a Wii U Controller People in PC World, only 22!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up a Wii U Controller People in PC World, only 22!

A pro controller for €22?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Capacitors!

2013-01-01205032_zpsaa9a3706.jpg

Paging Enternow...Enternow required in theatre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Is that from RS or craplin? They do bags of random ones in there..

Master of the Universe

I got them from the chap who owns this site. He's a really helpful stand up guy.

http://console5.com/store/vectrex-cap-kit.html

If you ever need a specific cap kit put together give him a shout. He didn't sell a cap kit for my monitor, but I sent him some lists and photos and he was able to do one up.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I got them from the chap who owns this site. He's a really helpful stand up guy.

http://console5.com/store/vectrex-cap-kit.html

If you ever need a specific cap kit put together give him a shout. He didn't sell a cap kit for my monitor, but I sent him some lists and photos and he was able to do one up.
    Holy crap :eek:
    Thanks for the link! Saves so much hastle faffing around RS buying 50 packs of caps.. :)

Master of the Universe

It's been an absolute nightmare trying to find caps for that monitor. I've been firing off emails all over the place, but similar to what you said, people only wanted to sell in bulk.

Was about to completely give up and buy a mountain of them when I remembered I'd bought a Vectrex cap kit from that lad and thought I'd chance my arm.

His name is Luke. You can contact him at sales@console5.com

Actually what I am doing nowadays is getting old DVD players out of the recycling center and removing the caps and voltage regulators from them, and some diodes. But you will always come across the odd set of caps you can't find locally or.. if you can, they'll be in bulk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At the same time as getting the Wii U Pro Controller, the controller that I don't own any games for, I also picked up a new HDMI switcher box, so's I can have the 360, PS3 and Wii U hooked up at the same time, the old one only handled two inputs, this new one lets it handle 3, it's not automatice :( , it's got manual buttons, but then it was around €35, which isn't bad at all.
    Now to await B-Day vouchers, so I can pick up a few proper games.
    Nintendoland is in no way a decent title to have, the single player stuff is pretty pants, excepting the DK game.

This is kind of videogame related... just took delivery of the following Vinyl record:

IMAG0769.jpg

I love the last sentence on the back of it though:

IMAG0770.jpg

I honestly have no idea what track this is... or even when I ordered it. I have no recollection of ordering it whatsoever but I assume it's something that was in my wishlist on discogs that popped up for sale. I'm slowly building a steady video game related vinyl collection.

If anybody is interested I may post it up here some day. :-)

*edit*

It seems this is the track in question:
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/music/supersonic/

I don't think I'll be playing it too much, it's more for the collection I suppose.

• Advertisement

Looks like I've just agreed to buy a lovely Nes Advantage Stick, as well as an unboxed copy of Quackshot for the MD.
    I honestly thought my MD/Gen cart buying days were over with the arrival of the Everdrive but, no, I am still enjoying the experience of the genuine article.
    The Advantage stick looks nice, pity my Gradius titles for the format are on the Famicom, and I can't use the Advantage without modification!
    I might see about putting an auxillary Nes port on the Fami, in the back, for just such events, must be doable, the devices are ultimately the same, might be a splitter to do the job for me.....
    Oh, such fun, more burnt fingertips from inexpert soldering!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Achilles wrote: »
    This is kind of videogame related... just took delivery of the following Vinyl record:

IMAG0769.jpg

I love the last sentence on the back of it though:

IMAG0770.jpg

I honestly have no idea what track this is... or even when I ordered it. I have no recollection of ordering it whatsoever but I assume it's something that was in my wishlist on discogs that popped up for sale. I'm slowly building a steady video game related vinyl collection.

If anybody is interested I may post it up here some day. :-)

*edit*

It seems this is the track in question:
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/music/supersonic/

I don't think I'll be playing it too much, it's more for the collection I suppose.

I actually have that one on MP3.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I actually have that one on MP3.

Yeah there's a copy of it in the link I posted too.

It's awful in a 90s synth kinda way.

Give me the Sonic R soundtrack any day!

I went a bit mad today and started checking prices of Wii U games in HMV, having seen the prices in the Sligo branch.
    The prices down here were higher but today I phoned around and were the lower in Blanch.
    I called into the Swords branch and ZombiU was still nearly 60 so I asked for a price check and it was actually 49.99, so I bought it.
    Anyhow, happy with that.
    Try and play it later....

Oh, my Wii LAN arrived today as well, my Wii U WiFi misery is over at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Picked up a couple of gems in CeX today

002-7.jpg?t=1357202663

not too bothered by the damage to the cover art as it was only €2.50

001-15.jpg?t=1357202723

had to buy it because it has all the characters from Darkstalkers, probably my favorite fighting game ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nintendo Sent me Mario 3DSLand Free download today, its avail Until 15th Jan for 3DS XL Owners...
    Fair dues to Nintendo, ive loads now on 3DS plus all ambassador games, plus some free DLC for NSMB 2 as well,

So traded in Physical copy for Nintendoland, Chuffed, Its simple game, but love it all the same.
    Plus Im up to 6400 Stars now, 600 more for SNES Wii Controller ggggrrr come on :)

Woohoo, Wii LAN adapter works a treat, everything is working nice, quick and lag free, so I'm watching Zombieland on the Gamepad display... Rule No. 1, Cardio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Got Mortal Kombat 2 jamma pcb today.

Now I know its no Street Fighter but it was one of my fave games in the arcade games growing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Woohoo, Wii LAN adapter works a treat, everything is working nice, quick and lag free, so I'm watching Zombieland on the Gamepad display... Rule No. 1, Cardio!

Rule #6: Do not sit in the corner and sulk. It draws attention in a negative way. Draw attention to yourself, but on your own terms.

Same rules right? :D

• Advertisement

After a little bit of negotiation over the last couple of months and some bank transfers I will soon be in possession of a total of 6 Darius Alphas for my increasing collectible but crap game side collection :o

Now, how should I be storing these babies? At the moment my current copies of the game are stored in a simple wooden box with some padding and silica gel (not in my home by the way as I'm only renting and it's hard to get things like this covered under rental insurance).

So, any thoughts on how to store pricey collectible games for the long term?

Master of the Universe

Hah, serious?! That's truly insane man, I love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think they'd look cool framed like the way they do platinum and gold certified albums. Not sure if its the best way to store them though!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hah, serious?! That's truly insane man, I love it :D
    It would have been 7 copies but I traded one a while back to gain access to a group of collectors and their mental tasty collections. I think I mentioned it months ago here.
    I'm not sure but I think I might have the most copies of Darius Alpha now. I know one other guy in Japan that has 3 and he says he knows an American with 2.
    I have a problem, I know :o
    I think they'd look cool framed like the way they do platinum and gold certified albums. Not sure if its the best way to store them though!
    Yeah, that would look cool but probably not the besayeay to store them.
    Maybe just a boring aluminium flight case and some cut foam?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

th_IMG_20130102_113510.jpg
    th_IMG_20130102_113503.jpg
    th_IMG_20130102_113532.jpg
    nabbed an amiga 600 box of games and a boxed gunship 2000 from a nice poster here ;)
    (in the middle of adding a hard disk at the mo , I'd forgotten how painful doing ANY modding on an amiga is , and just how helpfully unhelpful amiga forums are {basically they tend to assume you've used nothing but an a1200 for the past twenty years, and also are German).

Dr Bob wrote: »
    th_IMG_20130102_113510.jpg
    th_IMG_20130102_113503.jpg
    th_IMG_20130102_113532.jpg
    nabbed an amiga 600 box of games and a boxed gunship 2000 from a nice poster here ;)
    (in the middle of adding a hard disk at the mo , I'd forgotten how painful doing ANY modding on an amiga is , and just how helpfully unhelpful amiga forums are {basically they tend to assume you've used nothing but an a1200 for the past twenty years, and also are German).

What mods are you doing? The A600 is a nice and easy Amiga to do most mods on.
    You might need a new kickstart chip if your installing a hard disk/CF card etc.

Did you check out http://eab.abime.net ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    What mods are you doing? The A600 is a nice and easy Amiga to do most mods on.
    You might need a new kickstart chip if your installing a hard disk/CF card etc.

Did you check out http://eab.abime.net ?
    Hard disk mods, I've the cf/IDE adaptor and a CF/PCMCIA ADF one too.
    ah yeah , tbh I reckon 90 percent of the problems I have are down to CF cards being a bit random with the amiga , in that some work and some dont.Also I've found a few 1 word replies to people having similar problems to me (basically I was getting the WB2.1 onto the CF card via Winuae) didnt help.Especially when the replies pointed at lha files (which when you finally get them working give you some errors in German and crash out.
    I finally got it working , until Winuae complained and started looking for me to unmount the cf in windows, which isnt going to work, so I gave up and started installing WB on the amiga
    Problem I've hit now is that I cant find the WB extras disk.I can make one from an ADF using the PCMCIA adaptor...except the only CF card I have that the amiga wants to use is now installed as a hard disk.So I'll have to pull that back out , reformat it , transfer the adfs to disk , then stick it back in the Amiga , and start the whole process again...le sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Got Mortal Kombat 2 jamma pcb today.

Now I know its no Street Fighter but it was one of my fave games in the arcade games growing up.

I've got the old MK2 cab, and I fired it up for the first time in ages last night. Turns out that all this playing the latest Mortal Kombat has made me quite sh1te at the older ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I bet the reason why it works was more to do with it being past Christmas day WiiU present turn on and over loading their services :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I bet the reason why it works was more to do with it being past Christmas day WiiU present turn on and over loading their services :)

It made an immediate difference for me straight away on Xmas night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement