Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The Wii U (along with a few other recent wifi enabled devices I own) seem very sensitive to interference in the air...

Where I live is saturated with various wifi networks on loads of different channels and despite the fact that the channel my wifi on is 'clean' devices like the Wii U and PSVita seem to disconnect regularly due to this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I bet the reason why it works was more to do with it being past Christmas day WiiU present turn on and over loading their services :)

No, when I tried to use Netflix on Tuesday it just hung on a red loading screen, when I used it yesterday with the USB LAN adapter, it worked immediately and without lag.

Of course, now my screen is flickering, the main screen, I have a feeling it's a HDMI issue, the same one that gives HDCP problems with the Sky HD box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

deathrider wrote: »

I've got the old MK2 cab, and I fired it up for the first time in ages last night. Turns out that all this playing the latest Mortal Kombat has made me quite sh1te at the older ones.

Would love to have original mk2 cab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Would love to have original mk2 cab

It is a little bit sexy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bugger it!
    Was supposed to pick up an Advantage stick for the Nes and a copy of Quackshot for the MD from a guy in Dublin, first he was 30mins late, then was going to be another hour, so half my day wasted getting in and waiting around.
    I left at the announcement of the second delay, wasn't worth it to loiter about, you know there would only be another delay, waiting in the wings :(
    Not happy, I was looking forward to that stick, already had plans to integrate it into the Famicom :(:(

• Advertisement

Feel slightly better, getting the Advantage/Quackshot combo from RNB for the same money!
    And called into Bookmart & Gamesexchange for the first time in about 7 years, got Motorhead for the PS, was looking for it for a while, got it for 7.50!
    So, the day worked out ok in the end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

34nkzdd.jpg

I ****ing hate Majora's Mask tbh, but it is Zelda... with any luck it'll have a file past the first 2 dungeons.

And Unirally is always good to have :)

Ed: Well would ya lookit that!

25ix8xk.jpg

Nice, always liked Unirally too, odd as a 3 bob note mind you. feels like an Amiga game and I rather think it'd work well on an Android/IOS platform now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ...and I rather think it'd work well on an Android/IOS platform now

Blame Pixar for that never happening!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got this lot today, my first games ive bought this year. Have a few more bits coming too.

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Burkey0 wrote: »
    34nkzdd.jpg

I ****ing hate Majora's Mask tbh, but it is Zelda... with any luck it'll have a file past the first 2 dungeons.

And Unirally is always good to have :)

Ed: Well would ya lookit that!

25ix8xk.jpg

"You shouldn't have done that..."

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got this lot today, my first games ive bought this year. Have a few more bits coming too.

1.jpg

MINTY

Where'd you score those?

all off adverts, in a set of 8 and 2, the boxes off the 8 are in mint condition, its like they where played once. ive already rotated out my less good condition ones i had onto adverts. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just noticed it on the front page of the consoles and games section right now haha

I just noticed it on the front page of the consoles and games section right now haha

Yeh i had a few of them already, but the ones i had where not in as good condition, so may as well sell off the doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Burkey0 wrote: »
    34nkzdd.jpg

Man Uni-Rally was the first game I hunted down when I rebought a Snes. I remember spending a fortune renting it from Groovy Movies with the brother years ago ha ha. Love that game.
    I'll have to take a picture of the Christmas grabs now I'm home. Mostly all new games but also got some PSN cards. Just had my first go of Tokyo Jungle and downloading Journey now :D I have to say I hate how damn slow the Playstation store is, everything from buying to downloading and installing takes an age. Compared to xboxlive its pathetically slow

Danonino. wrote: »
    ...I hate how damn slow the Playstation store is, everything from buying to downloading and installing takes an age. Compared to xboxlive its pathetically slow...

PS3 generally seems to be all about endless updates, installs, add ons, firmware downloads, and all sorts of other crap that isn't anything to do with actual gaming. I find it's a very frustrating console to use in general.

I got wipeout HD fury for it last week as DLC from the PSN store, as it isn't available on disc. It downloaded in 5 different parts, each of which took an age, and then when i finally installed each of the parts, the game told me it had to update to the latest version so it downloaded that as well.

I had a spare hour to play, and by the time the game was ready to go i got about 3 minutes in it. Have still yet to play it properly.

Wipeout HD is available on physical disk, not so sure about if it includes the Fury update though.
    Pity that they never applied themselves to a big Wipeout release on the format, limiting that to the excellent releases on the PSP and 'Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The ironic thing is the PS3 has a gigabit NIC...whereas the 360 has a standard 10/100 :rolleyes: Its obviously a Sony side issue because ftp on the modded ps3 is lightning quick

It's obvious, Sony hate us, view customers as a necessary evil, a bit of the people behind MAME, end users are grubby little necessities, barely tolerated.
    In Sonys case, it doesn't help that we are gaigin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

PS3 generally seems to be all about endless updates, installs, add ons, firmware downloads, and all sorts of other crap that isn't anything to do with actual gaming. I find it's a very frustrating console to use in general.

I got wipeout HD fury for it last week as DLC from the PSN store, as it isn't available on disc. It downloaded in 5 different parts, each of which took an age, and then when i finally installed each of the parts, the game told me it had to update to the latest version so it downloaded that as well.

This is exactly the sort of thing that has made the current generation of games less appealing for me as a collector. In time to come how many of todays consoles will be around given their fragility to actually play these games on. With all the single use codes along with paid dlc and patches I just can see things improving, It will probably just go download only in time to come.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Journey is absolutely jaw dropping... amazing

Danonino. wrote: »
    Journey is absolutely jaw dropping... amazing

I know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If I never hear that song again it'll be too soon

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    If I never hear that song again it'll be too soon

It's a shame, as they actually do have some good songs

Warning though, insanely cheese videos :D

I was looking for the 'any way you want it' scene in the Simpsons (the end of the episode with Burn's son) and came across this, homer's trip where he meets the coyote.

The coyote is Johnny Cash! How the hell have I never noticed that before???

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

o1s1n wrote: »
    The coyote is Johnny Cash! How the hell have I never noticed that before???

Holy ****

I was certain I dreamt up this mad episode

Is that the episode where Homer eats the chilli and winds up hallucinating?
    That was a cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    The talking dog is Johnny Cash!
    Fixed
    CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Is that the episode where Homer eats the chilli and winds up hallucinating?
    It is indeed

Master of the Universe

That was a cracker!

Watching it made me sad as it was a reminded to just how good that show was. I must have watched it every day for almost ten years. Was by far the best thing on television.

The end line of that clip is just amazing

Homer: Oh, I give up.
    Coyote: [voiceover] Find your soulmate, Homer. Find your soulmate.
    Homer: Where? Where?
    Coyote: This is just your memory. I can’t give you any new information.

• Advertisement

Got these today off adverts, didnt even realise the scope was included when i made an offer on them. great price for the lot too.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement