Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    I must have watched it every day for almost ten years. Was by far the best thing on television.
    I still watch it almost everyday unless it's the new OP, oldies are still the best but in the middle of old and the new OP are some decent episodes.
    Hank Scorpio was on the other day, one of my favourites
    tumblr_lzq9m16WHn1rq5jz3o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Hank Scorpio episode was always my favourite when I was a kid. Always loved when it came on :)

There are very few episodes I'll watch after season 10. It's just not the same show really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Hank Scorpio episode was always my favourite when I was a kid. Always loved when it came on :)
    My favourite episode, as a kid and even now ... hmm, I guess ... Treehouse of Horror V (the one with the Shining, the time traveling toaster and the teachers start eating the students - dat Uterbraten)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got these today off adverts, didnt even realise the scope was included when i made an offer on them. great price for the lot too.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

Jesus Christ. Worms was out on the SNES. I'm getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is it just me or do they never show the Tomacco episode anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is it just me or do they never show the Tomacco episode anymore?

Don't broadcasters just buy the rights to air certain parts of The Simpsons archive, like set seasons and whanot? So, it might be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Simpsons and WWF the 90s were deadly. It even had the most deadliest rivaliest rivalry ever, Blur vs Pooasis.

I dunno which treehouse of horror it is but the one with presidential election is priceless and I almost never like treehouses.

Favourite episode is a hard question though. The cartridge family is most definitely up there, cat burglar was so great but mountain of madness gets it for me tonight folks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anything with the late, great Phil Hartman is worth checking out, brilliant stuff.

Jingle All the Way? That has Sinbad in it too so doubly great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anything with the late, great Phil Hartman is worth checking out, brilliant stuff.

I am, of course, referring to Simpsons episodes, some films of his were awful but not his fault, like Bilko :(

And then his drug addled wife shot him in his sleep, bugger....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Jingle All the Way was on the other day. I think Phil is great in it, he give one of the greatest one liners in the history of the universe to the man who has the best one liners

http://youtu.be/aemeSjZ9DnE?t=12m50s

Jingle All the Way was on the other day. I think Phil is great in it, he give one of the greatest one liners in the history of the universe to the man who has the best one liners

http://youtu.be/aemeSjZ9DnE?t=12m50s

Hey what's not to like about it. It's got a kid drinking hard liquor and a raindeer getting punched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The show really started to go downhill once he died. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Partial to the pinchy episode myself.

Just received Wizards & Warriors 3 and Digger T Rock, both for the Nes, in exchange for Pop'n Twinbee for the Snes, as I had double of that post Christmas.
    Happy days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Picked up this boxed megadrive tonight off adverts on the way home for 25 quid. not bad!

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

keithgeo wrote: »
    Picked up this boxed megadrive tonight off adverts on the way home for 25 quid. not bad!

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

Very jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Small bits over the last week. Got Appleseed in dealz again of all places!

The one in dundrum as I can see it from my house practically :P I'd never go out if my way to go into one but will pop in if I'm passing by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Very jealous

I second that motion.

• Advertisement

Just picked up a very big part of my childhood for 60euro on adverts. Won't sell this one like I did my last one. Stupid move that was!

Included was console, 9games, 2controllers, rumble pack, leads.

0FE0EE01-9E7B-4FA2-B669-186D87F91277-7896-0000149FBDFC4562.jpg

720A33A6-C375-4DFA-ADED-138F7484038C-7896-0000149FE66C6D7C.jpg

Got this as the connection to the telly looks like directly in to the telly which I assume means I need to time it in. Is there a cheap cable I can get to make my life easier or is this on the best/normal for N64. I had one years ago but can't remember what was with it. Also I'll be using the flat screen we have LG LED telly don't know if that helps/not. Have no other telly.

74F85535-371E-4E7F-AA43-237DFA22924E-7896-000014A013D89082.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nice, its nice when you recapture some lost youth in buying a console you had years ago. You'll want to order one of the svideo cables from consolegoods though (get a pal one assuming thats a pal n64 because the ntsc ones are different), that rf cable is just nasty.

There are plenty of inexpensive av cables available online, shouldn't cost more than a few euro.
    Same composite cable will work with Game cube and Snes, as well as N64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There are plenty of inexpensive av cables available online, shouldn't cost more than a few euro.

Its well worth getting the n64 svideo cable, there's a huge jump in quality over the bog standard rf & av cables

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nice, its nice when you recapture some lost youth in buying a console you had years ago. You'll want to order one of the svideo cables from consolegoods though (get a pal one assuming thats a pal n64 because the ntsc ones are different), that rf cable is just nasty.

Cheers for that I'll look at their site in a minute.

It really is nice to recapture the n64. Even seeing it in the flesh again was a weird feeling. Holding the cartridges for the first time in over a decade!

Had a look on consolegoods. They have one for 5.90pounds.
    Bit dearer than a few euro ciderman

Any cheaper elsewhere anyone?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Cheers

Try www.racketboy.com › Home › Nintendo 64 (N64)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The one in dundrum as I can see it from my house practically :P I'd never go out if my way to go into one but will pop in if I'm passing by.

kinda odd as the ones in town dont have the games

sugarman wrote: »

Is that down at the old shopping centre? Must drop by next time I'm passing by.

Happen to know if they have any of the PS2 adapters actually? Been looking out for a second.

Yeah it's in the old shopping centre. Didn't spot any of the adapters but I'll let yous know if I come across them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cheers

Seriously, just get the consolegoods cable. You might save a few euro on a AV composite cable but that few euro could have gotten you a huge increase in graphical fidelity on every N64 game you will play. AV composite, particularly on the N64 looks terrible. It will be the best thing you will buy for your N64.

Also the only place that makes PAL N64 s-video cables is consolegoods so you will have to buy it there, but as I said, if you are going to stick with a PAL console it will be the best purchase you will make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement